Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Seidio Innocase Review (GREEN) UPDATED 56k BEWARE

    I will be doing reviews and testing for Seidio products and received my first one to start with. ( Admins if you would like verification I do have that available ).

    It is the Green ( Or Saga as they call it ) Epic 4g Case. I have provided a couple of pictures and will be posting a full review today with more photos to come. Possibly may do a video to show the sliding action since that has been a big question among the cases currently out.

    Currently I'm going to be testing the sliding mechanism restriction, phone damage if any, and a few other things.

    Seidio Innocase EPIC 4G (GREEN) Review

    Review:
    From first impression, the Seidio Innocase for the Epic 4g has a great feel all around the case. The rubberized no slip grip works wonders, yet still has a smooth to the touch finish. All buttons and microphone are completely accessible without restriction.

    Sliding mechanism:
    With the case attached to the Epic 4G there is NO restriction on the sliding mechanism. Now Seidio did a surprising design that many manufactures have not attempted. For the bottom portion of the case, the attachment clips are on each corner yet they are raised slightly from the rim of the case, this allows a very small opening for the case to move freely. Addition to that, the top cover has the attachment clips mounted on the top and bottom. Due to both these features Scratching of the keyboard is long gone and smooth sliding stays.

    Installation and Removal:
    Install was very basic, the case clipped on smoothly and is simple enough to remove incase of a reset, memory card, and battery removal.

    Appearance:
    The case is thin compared to most out there. After installing the case there was not much added to the bulk of the phone. In my opinion this gave a the phone a better look with a case due to how thin it is.
    The green I had to admit is beautiful It is a true Saga but can be looked upon as a light forest green.

    Durability Testing:
    For this I used my second epic as it is my test phone for software and such. To meet the standards of daily use, I tested the phone while out at a Mall, Movie theater, Restaurant, and outside on trails. This allows different areas and different types surroundings for testing.
    After Dropping the phone on several occasions and from different heights and on different material ( 1ft, 3ft, 5ft, 6ft) - The case never came off and surprisingly the case is almost un-touched. The phone was fully protected and no damage was done.

    Options:
    There have been questions if the case will fit with a Seidio Screen Protector, Phantom Skinz, Invisible shield, and 3rd party brands. I tested the case with phantom Skinz Tight fit but still works great. Seidio Screen Protector Fit perfect, Invisible Shield - The case fit like a glove. 3rd party skins provided the same results.

    If there are any questions please feel free to post. Other colors and products coming soon.





















    Last edited by betatech; 09-22-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Seidio Reviewer
  2. #2  
    sweat's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default

    What be helpful would be to see a size comparison of the phone in the case and outside of the case. If you don't have two Epics, perhaps you could do a measurement?

    BTW, why does the post headline say beware? Is there something negative I missed?
  3. #3  
    Shadnic's Avatar

    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    What be helpful would be to see a size comparison of the phone in the case and outside of the case. If you don't have two Epics, perhaps you could do a measurement?

    BTW, why does the post headline say beware? Is there something negative I missed?
    It's a warning for people that have slow internet connections to beware of the large amounts of pictures in the post. It would take them years to load the page.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Where are the pictures?
  5. #5  

    Default Epic 4G Holster

    Can the Seidio case and holster be put so the phone actually faces out rather than in. I realize that facing it in protects the screen but I want to be able to place it in my car with the screen facing out so I can use the Navigation.
  6. #6  

    Default

    would this case also fit in the media dock that samsung sells
  7. #7  

    Default

    Just ordered the same one the sage looks sweet. I got it here from the android central store.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benhar10 View Post
    Can the Seidio case and holster be put so the phone actually faces out rather than in. I realize that facing it in protects the screen but I want to be able to place it in my car with the screen facing out so I can use the Navigation.
    With the shape of the bottom of the phone you would not be able to do this. It is only designed to be face in.


    Quote Originally Posted by bucc0303 View Post
    would this case also fit in the media dock that samsung sells
    Sadly no, but I have been discussing with Seidio about a dock that would allow use with a case added. I explained the issues that we currently have with the samsung dock ( I also own one ), such as the volume rocker issue, and phone placement.
    Seidio Reviewer
  9. #9  
    sweat's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default

    How much thicker is the phone with the case on? My wife has the body glove case and its just too thick. I carry my phone in my front pocket, so I don't want a case that's too bulky.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    How much thicker is the phone with the case on? My wife has the body glove case and its just too thick. I carry my phone in my front pocket, so I don't want a case that's too bulky.
    only 1mm thick all around,there is not much bulk added at all, and slides in the pocket perfect.
    Seidio Reviewer
  11. #11  

    Default

    I have a big question. Is there felt inside the case? I am getting my wife the Epic 4G on October 1 (when she is eligible for upgrade) and I was going to get her this case, but purple. I have and EVO, and I had a problem with the Innocase Surface II, because for some reason Seidio made the case plastic and didn't put any felt on it on the inside. The case caused scratches on the phone to other people. Seidio finally redesigned the EVO case, and made it not plastic inside and added the felt on it. So, does this new case from Seidio for the Epic 4G have the felt and rubber feel on the inside, or did they try it again with the plastic and no felt, which will cause scratches with the phone? I am probably going to call Seidio to find out tomorrow, but I am wondering, the people who did get the case, are you having any problems with it. Is it a little loose. Does it move at all?
  12. #12  

    Default

    I just got the case in the mail today. Thank you android central. The case does not have the felt you are asking but does not give in any corners like the evo one did. I will post any changes.
  13. #13  

    Default

    I know you said it fits with the phantom skinz screen protector on, but will it fit if I have a full body phantom skinz? Thanks
  14. #14  

    Default

    So is there the problems I have been hearing. The case on the bottom is loosening up, scratching problems. Ends of the case coming up. My wife really wants this phone, but unless I find a case that will work properly, and protect the phone, not scratch it. Of those of you that have the case, how is it working for you?
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    So is there the problems I have been hearing. The case on the bottom is loosening up, scratching problems. Ends of the case coming up. My wife really wants this phone, but unless I find a case that will work properly, and protect the phone, not scratch it. Of those of you that have the case, how is it working for you?
    I use it and do not see the problems that the evo one did. I had the EVO and the case you mentioned and it did scratch the hell out of it. A few days now and no problems yet.
  16. #16  
    Ricey20's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    ROM
    TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.2

    Default

    I've had this case in gray since day one and have no scratches.
  17. #17  
    BlackHawkA4's Avatar
    Drop the Bag

    Posts
    2,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

    Default

    Anyone have a good way of keeping this case from being lose? I put paper shims inside; but, I wanted to know if there was a better way that any one has come up with.

    It's really annoying how loose it is. I'd rather have the screen wobble.
  18. #18  
    hybrid85's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks for this review. I've been waiting for someone do to a detailed review with pictures on this case. Reading this today I've decided to go ahead and get this case. Thanks again!
  19. #19  

    Default

    Bumping for update from those who have this case. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any scratching since their last posts?

    I used the black snap on case from Sprint and it ended up scratching the outer edge of my Epic so I'm now somewhat leery of snap on cases. I'd really like a new snap on case but I've yet to find any for the Epic with padding on the inside to prevent scratching from occurring.
  20. #20  

    Default

    i bought this case from amazon and returned it within the week, the case was so loose all the way around. top and bottom. the phone felt so loose in it, the sprint black case feels so much better and tight.
  21. #21  

    Default

    I have the case in black, it has felt on the inside where the screen faces and it is not loose at all. Im betting its the best case out there. Works perfect!
  22. #22  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp1717 View Post
    I have the case in black, it has felt on the inside where the screen faces and it is not loose at all. Im betting its the best case out there. Works perfect!
    Mine damaged my phone. The screen frame has no felt and it scratched the hell out of my screen surround.
  23. #23  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I have a big question. Is there felt inside the case? I am getting my wife the Epic 4G on October 1 (when she is eligible for upgrade) and I was going to get her this case, but purple. I have and EVO, and I had a problem with the Innocase Surface II, because for some reason Seidio made the case plastic and didn't put any felt on it on the inside. The case caused scratches on the phone to other people. Seidio finally redesigned the EVO case, and made it not plastic inside and added the felt on it. So, does this new case from Seidio for the Epic 4G have the felt and rubber feel on the inside, or did they try it again with the plastic and no felt, which will cause scratches with the phone? I am probably going to call Seidio to find out tomorrow, but I am wondering, the people who did get the case, are you having any problems with it. Is it a little loose. Does it move at all?
    I have a very early case and mine has no felt and damaged the hell out of my phone. Do they put felt in the screen surround now?

Posting Permissions

B