Official Seidio Active-X Case Picture/Review Thread

Protoroll

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
How does this case fit in your pocket. This looks like a joggers type of case and seems a bit bulky. I just want a case that will stay on my phone if it falls. I just upgraded from a G1 and I had a really stupid case that when the phone fell it would bounce the case would fall off and the phone would still get scratched.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
How does this case fit in your pocket. This looks like a joggers type of case and seems a bit bulky. I just want a case that will stay on my phone if it falls. I just upgraded from a G1 and I had a really stupid case that when the phone fell it would bounce the case would fall off and the phone would still get scratched.

This is the "real thing" Its 3 pieces Its has a rubber coated hard ring for the screen part and the body is 2 pieces. Its a full silicone case with a rubber coated hard plastic claw like outer shell that clamps it to the phone. Its about as bulky as the Sprint hard shell case that comes in black or dark red and has the rubber insert on the back. It fits the pocket fine.

Protoroll

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanx for the info. The only question I have is how easy is it to get out of your pocket. I know that soft back cases like to pull on the cloth inside of the pocket (I usually wear jeans). Also does the outer shell come with a clip attachment? In the last pic it seem like you are holding it from where a clip would snap on.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanx for the info. The only question I have is how easy is it to get out of your pocket. I know that soft back cases like to pull on the cloth inside of the pocket (I usually wear jeans). Also does the outer shell come with a clip attachment? In the last pic it seem like you are holding it from where a clip would snap on.

The case can be removed smoothly from your pocket its not sticky. No clip. This case will come with a snap on holster as an option similar to the one in picture #4 but its not out just yet.

betatech

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Seidio Active X Case Black Review 25+ pics

Intro:

Well Just received the Seidio Active X case for review I have to say I was surprised. You are provided with three pieces. Outer Screen protector, a rubber back skin, and then a Plastic Skeleton to go over the rubber back piece. Installation was breeze and this case is easier to remove due to the design of the Plastic Skeleton. Outer Screen protector is pretty simple to remove but having finger nails will benefit greatly! Another thing to note: Since the Skeleton is a separate piece, changing colors will be simple ( if you wanted to could even paint it! ). Sliding Mechanism was not affected at all.

Design:

Outer Screen protector

2010-10-15163055.jpg

2010-10-15163118.jpg

Outer Screen Protection Piece does have a taller lip and it is a little thicker but feels strong. With the taller lip I didn't find any affect or issues with comfort on the use of the screen or buttons. The finish is smooth with a rubbery feel, and yes you may find that one or two little bumps within the finish - (If you really want to remove the bumps in the finish then use 1500 or 2000 wet sand paper and very Lightly go over the bumps. Make sure to wet the paper - this will allow you to keep the finish). The tabs are located on both the top and bottom of the piece and sectioned in the middle ( view pictures above ). -- This is nice since the most common issue with cases is scratching or restriction due to the tabs being placed on each side.

Rubber Skin:

2010-10-15163207.jpg

IMO - I love this! Provides protection for the phone without the possibility of the case scratching the phone itself. Both the Power and Volume buttons are covered but fit the form of the phone and require the same amount of pressure to be pushed. As for the cut outs - Match perfect- Mic, USB, Headphone, Camera, and LED, and if by chance yours does not you can also trim whatever excess you need to since its rubber.

Back Skeleton:

2010-10-15163136.jpg

2010-10-15163238.jpg

The back Skeleton has a very smooth finish with no bump in sight. The skeleton itself is very sturdy along with the clips located on each corner. Now the design was to set for most common point of Impact. On any phone there are 6 points - Top Left and Right Corner - Bottom Left and Right Corner - Left Side - Right Side. The Skeleton was designed around these 6 points of impact along with using the rubber skin interior as a shock absorber. The skeleton Case Wraps around on each point which in truth allows for a sturdier construction due to each point of impact being supported both by form and curvature.

I will provide pics of the phone within the case once the Camera is charged.

Pics, Pics, Pics

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

More pics to come

Album

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Admins or Mods, would it be possible to increase the amount the images for this post to allow 60 instead of 10?

I've merged your thread with one we already have for Seidio Active-X Case pictures. Thanks for posting additional pics!

As far as attaching more pictures, have you tried the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom of the screen when you edit/post? That should let you attach additional pictures as clickable thumbnails.

Edit: I also renamed the thread so others have a distinct place to post additional pics/reviews for this case.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Admins or Mods, would it be possible to increase the amount the images for this post to allow 60 instead of 10?

The pics are appreciated, but no I'm not able to increase the # for a post. If you have that many pictures, it's better and easier to view, if you upload to a site like Photobucket and then provide a link to a slide show. The are kind of hard to see when they are viewed at the attached resolution.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Been Looking at this case since before I bought the phone actually. :) I've been using sedieo for a while. Great Product. Not so great customer service. The "Surface II" case may be better suited for somone who isn't all that active. Although it doesn't offer as much protection. I usually order a "Surface II" for whatever phone I have, and a case from otterbox, (if they make one) for when I'm out and about. I've spoken with a rep from Otterbox, and they assure me they will be making a commuter series and impact series case for the epic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude