Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ROM
    TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.2

Solid as can be for me. No wobble or flexing like I had with my Surface. Even the screen frame doesn't move.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Sounds good to me. Just ordered one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by visualillusion26 View Post
    Thanks for the review/pics guys. Question for anybody with this case... Does this interfere with the slide mechanism at all?
    Edit: Just checked beta's Photobucket album and it appears that it does not interfere, thanks for all those pics beta, will be ordering one of these.
    No not at all.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    I have a question. I'm still waiting for the rugged. I ordered a innocase surface the other day. Its a very loose fitting case. I was debating ordering this one.

how is the fit? Does the case wobble when its on? Of there any play in it what so ever?
    This one being rubber is different. If you get yourself some felt dots the ones they use for the bottom of lamps and ash trays and apply them to the inside of the surface case it tightens it up just fine.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Thanks for the idea. I like that one. I was using paper to shim the corners which worked otter decent as well.

Well mine finally got here today. Shipping took much longer then expected but its here.

I am very pleased with the case. I switched from Nextel and had a Motorola i580 (rugged phone) and was worried what my normal use would do to my new phone. After installing the case I feel much more comfortable carrying it around for everyday use.

I would recommend this case to anyone and everyone.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

In still waiting on mine. In queens. hopefully it leaves before tomorrow morning and gets put out for delivery tomorrow I am off.

Do you feel comfortable dropping the phone as of it were your nextel with this case on?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UUZ View Post
    Been Looking at this case since before I bought the phone actually. I've been using sedieo for a while. Great Product. Not so great customer service. The "Surface II" case may be better suited for somone who isn't all that active. Although it doesn't offer as much protection. I usually order a "Surface II" for whatever phone I have, and a case from otterbox, (if they make one) for when I'm out and about. I've spoken with a rep from Otterbox, and they assure me they will be making a commuter series and impact series case for the epic.
    Well I hate to quote myself but........LOL OK. So I ordered a combo last Wednesday. Payed for overnight shipping. Still didn't have it by Friday, called customer service and they tell me "Oh. We're sorry the order was canceled. No, we're not sure why that happened." Mind you I'd been charged the $67.00. I say OK, well lets re-order, what else can I do. I re-order, then they tell me OH, it's on back order. So sorry, you wont have it till the middle of next week At the earliest." AFTER THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN!!!! SO, now I've paid for two cased I don't have. Well, I did manage to get the first charge cleared off my card. SO, Much like I said. The product is AWESOME. The customer service SUCKS! I went and ordered a nice leather case from Amazon for $1.49 + shipping, and had it the next day. LOL.
    Joe-KC2UUZ
    Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G on....Sprint

I've been eyeballing this case for weeks now, and in fact me and my wife are arguing over who gets the blue one!

However, I switch batteries almost daily, and am concerned with the having to remove/reinstall the case like that......does it appear that there may be any negatives to doing constant battery swaps? Specifically, damage to the phone or case?

I'm getting a free one from the Epic's facebook contest. Can't wait!
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

AMAZING! Just put mine on. I should have ordered this one before I got the innocase. I was debating and ended up with the other one in hopes for the rugged to come out soon.

This is perfect! (I do wish it did lock the keyboard closed though. They should deff make a secondary bezel and exo skeleton that lock together.)

The case is NOT loose what so ever like the surface. It feels like a BRICK. It's smooth around the edges unlike the surface which had all the cut outs. The front bezel is thicker and deeper too.

The only thing with the surface case that's a problem when putting it in: the clip. It fits snug at the bottom and doesn't wobble like the surface. The top of the phone doesn't fit inside the clip; but, it does clip around. I think if you shave down the ridge in the clip a little it would fit a bit better.

I love it.

Not sure if it was said either; but: if any one was wondering (like I was) the exoskeleton goes through holes into the rubber skin and is what clips onto the phone.

I'm very impressed with this case - looks, fit, size. It even got here in 5 days with regular shipping
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I some to soon about not dropping my phone. Dropped it in the parking lot with this case on. Again, Amazing. I got some scratches on the plastic. Nothing serious. Def protects the phone. I want even worried after I dropped it. didn't even make a got wrenching nice when it dropped. I knew by the sound it was fine

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

where is the blue or red one?

I received my Seidio Active -X- today. I ordered it off of Amazon from the (MY GEAR STORE). I received it in 3 days CA-TX (standard FREE shipping). I couldn't be happier. Otterbox you really dropped the ball this time because after not producing a Epic 4G case in time and experiencing the fit and quality of the Seidio, I doubt you can win me back.........

Any updates on how this case is working out for everyone? Is everyone so far happy with their cases or are there underlying problems we should be aware of? I like to know before I drop the $50+tax on this thing, lol!
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Love it. Well worth it. My front bezel got a little loose on one side. It isn't always though. Not sure why it does that. Probably has something to do from dropping it on pavement though. Still doesn't wobble like the surface when it does.

The only real complaint I have is the amount of dust that gets trapped on the screen because if the raised bezel. Nothing you could do about that though without losing protection. Trade off.

5 stars though.

ROM
    ACS Syndicate Frozen 1.1

The blue active x is now available on the seido website. I just ordered the case only and not the holster, I don't see myself ever using the holster.

Plus if you use the coupon code NEW5 at checkout you get $5 off. So I should be receiving my new Saphire Blue active x case next week for $25!!

Edit:

BTW there is free shipping at seido, I believe that ends today.
    Last edited by Atlienzz; 12-31-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

I have looked at this many times. My main concern is the clip on the holster catching on something and dropping my phone on the ground. How is the clip?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlienzz View Post
    The blue active x is now available on the seido website. I just ordered the case only and not the holster, I don't see myself ever using the holster.

Plus if you use the coupon code NEW5 at checkout you get $5 off. So I should be receiving my new Saphire Blue active x case next week for $25!!

Edit:

BTW there is free shipping at seido, I believe that ends today.
    It's about dang time! I've only been waiting for this dang thing since Sept!

And your correct about the code expiring. I'm gonna wait to order tomorrow after I have a chance to hit them up about getting a new code since THEY made me miss out on all the others.......

DANG!! I already ordered the black active x case from Amazon a week ago. Should be getting it by the 4th of January. I hope Seidio will be offering the blue exoskeleton piece for people with other colors. That would be nice of them!

ROM
    ACS Syndicate Frozen 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    It's about dang time! I've only been waiting for this dang thing since Sept!

And your correct about the code expiring. I'm gonna wait to order tomorrow after I have a chance to hit them up about getting a new code since THEY made me miss out on all the others.......
    Hit up the site retail me not for codes. That's what I did for the NEW5 code. There's others out there if you spend $50 or order two or more items.

For those who are wondering the site still says the burgundy is in development. The black and blue are the only options for active x right now. They have both colors in the combo holster available for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlienzz View Post
    Hit up the site retail me not for codes. That's what I did for the NEW5 code. There's others out there if you spend $50 or order two or more items....
    I did......tried 4 or 5 different codes, and every one of them said they expired at midnight Dec. 31.

ROM
    TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.2

The burgundy/red version is now out as well! Been waiting for this one for awhile.

Just got my black active x case today. This thing is SWEET!! It is definitely what I was looking for.

Last edited by GrooveRite; 01-05-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast