Official Seidio Active-X Case Picture/Review Thread

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Received the black one. Absolutely one of the best phone cases I've ever owned. Very well made, solid, and well designed. Waiting for the burgundy myself.

visualillusion26

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review/pics guys. Question for anybody with this case... Does this interfere with the slide mechanism at all?
Edit: Just checked beta's Photobucket album and it appears that it does not interfere, thanks for all those pics beta, will be ordering one of these.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't interfere at all. In fact the Active X case is studier/more solid than the surface it replaced. I actually feel like I can drop my phone and nothing will happen (yea, I'm not going to test that one :p). Still the Surface case protected against scratches but that's it. The Surface felt incredibly flimsy compared to the Active.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. I'm still waiting for the rugged. I ordered a innocase surface the other day. Its a very loose fitting case. I was debating ordering this one.

how is the fit? Does the case wobble when its on? Of there any play in it what so ever?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review/pics guys. Question for anybody with this case... Does this interfere with the slide mechanism at all?
Edit: Just checked beta's Photobucket album and it appears that it does not interfere, thanks for all those pics beta, will be ordering one of these.

No not at all.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. I'm still waiting for the rugged. I ordered a innocase surface the other day. Its a very loose fitting case. I was debating ordering this one.

how is the fit? Does the case wobble when its on? Of there any play in it what so ever?

This one being rubber is different. If you get yourself some felt dots the ones they use for the bottom of lamps and ash trays and apply them to the inside of the surface case it tightens it up just fine.

JonnyB

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well mine finally got here today. Shipping took much longer then expected but its here.

I am very pleased with the case. I switched from Nextel and had a Motorola i580 (rugged phone) and was worried what my normal use would do to my new phone. After installing the case I feel much more comfortable carrying it around for everyday use.

I would recommend this case to anyone and everyone.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
In still waiting on mine. In queens. hopefully it leaves before tomorrow morning and gets put out for delivery tomorrow I am off.

Do you feel comfortable dropping the phone as of it were your nextel with this case on?

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Been Looking at this case since before I bought the phone actually. :) I've been using sedieo for a while. Great Product. Not so great customer service. The "Surface II" case may be better suited for somone who isn't all that active. Although it doesn't offer as much protection. I usually order a "Surface II" for whatever phone I have, and a case from otterbox, (if they make one) for when I'm out and about. I've spoken with a rep from Otterbox, and they assure me they will be making a commuter series and impact series case for the epic.

Well I hate to quote myself but........LOL OK. So I ordered a combo last Wednesday. Payed for overnight shipping. Still didn't have it by Friday, called customer service and they tell me "Oh. We're sorry the order was canceled. No, we're not sure why that happened." Mind you I'd been charged the $67.00. I say OK, well lets re-order, what else can I do. I re-order, then they tell me OH, it's on back order. So sorry, you wont have it till the middle of next week At the earliest." AFTER THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN!!!! SO, now I've paid for two cased I don't have. Well, I did manage to get the first charge cleared off my card. SO, Much like I said. The product is AWESOME. The customer service SUCKS! I went and ordered a nice leather case from Amazon for $1.49 + shipping, and had it the next day. LOL.:eek:

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been eyeballing this case for weeks now, and in fact me and my wife are arguing over who gets the blue one!

However, I switch batteries almost daily, and am concerned with the having to remove/reinstall the case like that......does it appear that there may be any negatives to doing constant battery swaps? Specifically, damage to the phone or case?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
AMAZING! Just put mine on. I should have ordered this one before I got the innocase. I was debating and ended up with the other one in hopes for the rugged to come out soon.

This is perfect! (I do wish it did lock the keyboard closed though. They should deff make a secondary bezel and exo skeleton that lock together.)

The case is NOT loose what so ever like the surface. It feels like a BRICK. It's smooth around the edges unlike the surface which had all the cut outs. The front bezel is thicker and deeper too.

The only thing with the surface case that's a problem when putting it in: the clip. It fits snug at the bottom and doesn't wobble like the surface. The top of the phone doesn't fit inside the clip; but, it does clip around. I think if you shave down the ridge in the clip a little it would fit a bit better.

I love it.

Not sure if it was said either; but: if any one was wondering (like I was) the exoskeleton goes through holes into the rubber skin and is what clips onto the phone.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I some to soon about not dropping my phone. Dropped it in the parking lot with this case on. Again, Amazing. I got some scratches on the plastic. Nothing serious. Def protects the phone. I want even worried after I dropped it. didn't even make a got wrenching nice when it dropped. I knew by the sound it was fine

IZZY Dead

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I received my Seidio Active -X- today. I ordered it off of Amazon from the (MY GEAR STORE). I received it in 3 days CA-TX (standard FREE shipping). I couldn't be happier. Otterbox you really dropped the ball this time because after not producing a Epic 4G case in time and experiencing the fit and quality of the Seidio, I doubt you can win me back.........