Epic 4G 2800Mah Battery with New Back

kg6bki#AC

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Purchased this last week for $33.00 and $7.00 for Shipping...It came in today and boy am I IMPRESSED...Cover is SNUG and FITS PERFECTLY...pics and info are below..

Brian

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

Sprint Epic 4G AT&T Samsung Captivate Extended Battery - eBay (item 130450945198 end time Dec-02-10 11:12:10 PST)

kg6bki#AC

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I worked yesterday 5pm-3am and I spent about 70% of my time on my phone...and I was roaming (Metal Rooms at work) and for once I did leave my house charger at home and took a risk...My buddy with the epic also and has the OEM battery had to ask me to pick up one of these also for him. Here is a Screen pic I snapped last night..

CAP2010112300562.jpg

Epic4G80

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought a spare 1200 mAH battery for my Epic, and I hate having to switch batteries all the time, I am like so temtepted to go and buy this thing right now!!!! I'm itching!!!

qwertyfan

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Another buyer here.....

I'm waiting for mine, Ordered Sunday Night.

Just got my epic a few days ago.

Had a question and the seller responded immediately via email. Lucky? maybe he is just that good.....

I will be able to report how the seidio holster puts up with the different back. My expectations are low, but I could be happily surprised.

Epic4G80

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine last night, seller qucikly responded, and gave me a deal too. Just got the tracking email too.Now just have to wait, I'm totally psyched!!!

qwertyfan

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine

Just received mine yesterday. Charged it until the blue light came up and then some.

I have very large hands, so actually I like the new size on the phone better. It is noticeable thicker as expected.

The fit of the cover is excellent. would think it was OEM if I didn't know the source. IT' so good I have nothing else to say about it.

Battery life wise, so far:
I had not had the phone stay on over 14 hours on the same charge. It's been on for 19 now, and the battery indicator has barely moved. It seemed highly suspect, so I downloaded Smart Battery Monitor, and it claims 61% remaining, which is amazingly good if it's true.

Replacing Protective Cover:
I had the Seidio holster and protector, which were very nice. The front ring (snaps on and protects the screen border) still fits, but the back piece that went around the back not (as expected....)

I thought I might be able to modify it with a dremel tool/saw but due to the shape and location of buttons is it not physically possible.(The needed hole would split the case in 2 parts, so no can do)

I have liberally used black soft velcro pieces on the new back of the phone (heresy, I know) and I feel it's well protected for the time being. It looks very "White Trash Repair style", but better than no protection for the time being,

The phone also FITS in the Holster with the velcro on it (Otherwise it would be too loose,as the holster I have was designed to fit the phone with the seidio cover on it.)

For a final protective solution that doesn't look so bad, I'm researching spray-on rubber to apply to the back, or another way of protecting the phone, since I think we will have a hard time finding a cover that fits. I'm mainly looking for something to soften a fall and minimize scratches when the phone slides on a table, etc. Any suggestions are welcome

(And to the seller, how about a clip-on soft piece that matches the back ??)

I'll report back with further info when I use it some more.

danielseeksGod

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
1. laying flat, how much taller is the 2800 battery cover than the regular one, in milimeters?

2. how much more does the phone weigh with the 2800 battery? in grams. and the weight's mostly near the middle, right? or the bottom of the phone? like, if i dropped it with the 2800 battery in, would it naturally land on the back rather than the front? or would the bottom of the phone hit the ground first?

thanks

qwertyfan

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
1. laying flat, how much taller is the 2800 battery cover than the regular one, in milimeters?

2. how much more does the phone weigh with the 2800 battery? in grams. and the weight's mostly near the middle, right? or the bottom of the phone? like, if i dropped it with the 2800 battery in, would it naturally land on the back rather than the front? or would the bottom of the phone hit the ground first?

thanks

**UPDATED**

The difference in height between the two covers is a hair over the height of 3 stacked US quarters. ( I know it's not in mm, but it's hard to use a ruler to measure such small lengths)

Found the Scale. 11 pounds Cooking Scale, spec error on it is 11.5g.

Phone with cover, new battery and 2 big pieces of velcro on it, 200g (Sorry, the velcro is glued, so no exact weight on it, but I weighed a similar piece from the one I used and it came to 12g. this is a close estimate based on weighing a similar piece of velcro.)

The large Battery alone is 62g. To estimate YOUR PHONE's weight, weight your battery and look at the difference. The cover does not appear to weight differently.

Last edited:

durhamite

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
after one day with the 2800mah battery here is what I am seeing

from 100% to 22% in 23h 23m 55s with medium use. I am running the nebula dk28 rom. If I get this type of results consistently I will be happy

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Update: I've pulled the trigger and ordered one of these 2800 mAh batteries. Day one - battery died at approx 9pm starting from 6am. I'm not sure if this is because i had AIM running on it, which seemed to keep the phone in a semi-awake mode. I've fully recharged the battery overnight and starting again with out AIM running. it's been powered up for about 2 hours and the battery meter registers at 97% left. This is much better than the standard battery that comes with the phone. Will post more later on.

-B

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
further update.. seems like AIM was the culprit. I disabled some apps - DRM, AIM, and Media Hub. From 7am to approx midnight, with some heavy texting at times i had about 55% left on my battery. With the 1500 mAh battery, my phone would've been dead at 10pm or so. Will provide more feedback once i've used it for a few more days. I live in DC, and once or twice a week i take the metro (Subway) to the hockey games. This will give the phone a good workout while looking for a signal while underground. Also, verizon center in DC is also borderline coverage (i limit my phone to sprint's network and turned off roam)

But so far, i'm seeing a nice improvement overall and not having to worry about whether if my phone will die later in the evening from a smaller battery.

-B

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
further update:
this battery is a powerhouse. every day with medium texting, games at lunch, and 18 hours of usage, i'm still blessed with a good 55-60% of battery life left. this includes time underground where the phone is looking for a tower.

charge time seems to be around 4 hours from empty to full.

if you're debating on this battery, i'd jump on it.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49