1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Review of seidio 3300mah extended battery

Well it's been a few months since I purchased the extended battery for my epic 4g. After doing research I decided to stick with a name brand and I bought the seidio 3300mah extended battery. As soon as I got it in the mail I decided to install it. Let me say the cover was a fight to get on. I read that over time this would ease. The battery has been great and I am glad I have the battery, but the cover did get easier it broke a tab off and now does not stay on the phone. I emailed seidio and was told they don't usually sale the cover separately but would sale it to be as a courtesy. You want to show your curtesy make a cover that does not break and actually fits the phone. Well, I sent the email with my information $18.90 later we will see how long the next one lasts I am committed to this battery right now and have no choice but to pay for another cover. This will be the last seidio product I buy. Email conversation below and pictures of broken tab. My recommendation is to buy the chinese extended batteries they at least seem to know how to make a battery cover.

Here is the email I got from Seidio when I contacted them about my broken cover.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline. We normally do not sell our battery covers without the batteries; however, as a courtesy, we can offer you a special order. The battery cover will be US$14.95 plus US$3.95 for shipping and handling. To place this special order, please provide us with the following information as a response to this email or by contacting customer service at the number listed below.

-Name:
    -Email address:
    -Contact#
    -Phone Model
    -Extended battery size
    -Phone carrier/color
    -CC type
    -CC #
    -Name on CC
    -CC expiration
    -CC security code
    -Bill to address
    -Ship to address

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,
    Customer Service

Seidio Customer Service

I will update this post to let you know if I get a response to my email of disappointment and payment information.
    They responded with nothing but an order confirmation, I guess they were afraid to talk about their defective design. On a hopeful side the order for the new one does list it as an enhanced/extended battery cover. So we will see if it truly is enhanced or still the pile of steaming junk they created last time.
    Last edited by langj; 04-13-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Seems to me that you can get a new case with another battery off ebay for about the same price and it may fit your current battery.
    We'll both get 500mb free on top of 5gig signup bonus and a new Android app is out:
    https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=ewxiovt892qmw

An aftermarket battery's case will not work with this phone....

I have also had such a major problem with Sedio on this one... after buying close to 15 of their batteries, I am VERY disappointed on this one... My back plate is no longer working, and the worst thing is that this is just a minor problem for me, as my battery itself seems to be separating at the seams... I was sent a replacement battery which also has the same problem, I sent that back, and now am awaiting them to send me yet another replacement battery. My buddy is in the same boat, his battery is also separating, I have really been spreading the gospel about Seidio, so I am really disappointed to see so many issues with their products.