Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Hey everyone,

    I came across the following an $8.99 deal for a 1700 mAh replacement battery on an XDA thread.





    Pretty good reviews so far. You can also get two 1700 mAh batteries and a charger for $20.

    I know that posting about products for sale is usually prohibited, but I thought that since it was well received on XDA, you all may be interested.

    I ordered mine today.

    *Also, check out sweet avatar after visiting Google Campus yesterday!
  2. #2  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden_35 View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I came across the following an $8.99 deal for a 1700 mAh replacement battery on an XDA thread.





    Pretty good reviews so far. You can also get two 1700 mAh batteries and a charger for $20.

    I know that posting about products for sale is usually prohibited, but I thought that since it was well received on XDA, you all may be interested.

    I ordered mine today.

    *Also, check out sweet avatar after visiting Google Campus yesterday!
    You should also check out extended batteries on amazon. They got batteries that have twice the capacity of stock batteries! (ordered a 2800mah batt. cuz it had the best reviews :P)
  3. #3  
    ski21's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Does 2800 battery need an extended door, or will the stock back fit with it.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    That 1700 battery is no longer offered. Under the wrapper is was stamped 1000mah.

    I have the 3500 from ebay. That is actually 2 1200mah batteries. But for $10 is does just fine.
    SFR 1.1.0 with the Twilight Zone Kernel, EXT4 and EC05
  5. #5  
    jnl813's Avatar

    Posts
    774 Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

    Default

    Is there a bigger battery with the same back cover ?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    Is there a bigger battery with the same back cover ?
    I'm also looking for a replacement battery. The ones on amazon have horrible reviews. Any cheap ones that are just as good as OEM?
  7. #7  
    mouseglider's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by NumLock View Post
    I'm also looking for a replacement battery. The ones on amazon have horrible reviews. Any cheap ones that are just as good as OEM?
    In my experience, the true oem stock battery is the best.

    I have had standard batteries in both std mah and extended mah from cheap China batteries, Sedio batteries, oem fake labled batteries, and although with the exception of extended batteries, the true oem stock battery lasted the longest and had the best long life (i.e, many charging cycles) also.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

    For all mobile devices - get one!
    XDA kickstand4u tm Review

    Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

    If I have helped you - visit my site - now that's a new one!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    So where is the cheapest place to find a stock battery? Sprint wants $50.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    On Amazon you can get the Samsung external battery charger which also comes with a battery for around $30. When I got it a while back it was $20 or $25... must've been on sale.

    Amazon.com: OEM Samsung Standard Battery w/ External Battery Charger & Stand for Samsung Captivate Vibrant Epic 4G Focus: Cell Phones & Accessories
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    I have been using the one in my posting (see below with 2 batteries and a charger!!)



    Two months now. Battery life is about 30% longer than OEM battery, and so cheap!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by NumLock View Post
    I'm also looking for a replacement battery. The ones on amazon have horrible reviews. Any cheap ones that are just as good as OEM?
    If anyone is looking for a pretty good deal for a great Extended battery that comes with the back cover I can definitely vouch for Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh one. For $25 with the cover I think its a great deal. I've had it for almost 2 weeks now and its definitely not just some cheap battery. They have great customer service and quick shipping. I also bought their belt clip holster ($10) which I prefer over other phone cases/holder because they put the face towards your body and not facing out so the screen gets nicked up. Here is a link to the battery if anyone is interested. Also, I found out that the belt clip holster also fits the standard battery and cover snug. I actually like this cover over Seidio which is my normal route but I would have paid over $100 for the battery, cover and holster. Gorilla Gadgets doesn't have a picture of the holster but if you go to Seidio's website its the same style as the one you get when you buy one of their hard cover cases and you have to get the combo set for the phone to fit. I put a link to Seidio's belt clip holster so you can see what the Gorilla one would look like. There is one difference that I actually like better on the Gorilla one. (I had the combo from Seidio for my Samsung Instinct and it was great). The clip part that goes to your belt has a "U" shape at the bottom so it actually snags onto your belt so it doesn't slip off which I actually find a great design. Seidio's just had a little lip on it but still a great clip.

    Now, I just have to find a great cradle and 2nd batter charger set up. Might have to go back to Seidio. I was hoping to find a side mounting cradle so I can watch/surf in landscape mode while its charging. I have the extended battery so I doubt it would plug in correctly to one made for the stock set up unless it was corded like the one Gorilla Gadgets has. The one they have is not landscape though which is why I am not going with theirs. Here is are links to what I purchased already and the charger set up I'm thinking of getting from Seidio. Any experience with the charger, let me know. Thanks in advance.

    Jim

    Batter/Cover:

    What Gorilla Gadgets Belt Clip Holster looks like:

    Belt Clip Holster:

    Multi Function Charger:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    On Amazon you can get the Samsung external battery charger which also comes with a battery for around $30. When I got it a while back it was $20 or $25... must've been on sale.

    Amazon.com: OEM Samsung Standard Battery w/ External Battery Charger & Stand for Samsung Captivate Vibrant Epic 4G Focus: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Was just reading the reviews on this one from Amazon, important to not that the charger that comes with the batter will not chagre the battery that came with your phone and the battery they send you will not charge through the phone while it is plugged in.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    vader4633's Avatar

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    The OEM battery for the epic 4g touch work in the epic 4g. They are 1800mh
    Sprint Smartphones: HTC Touch to HTC Diamond to Palm Pre to HTC EVO 4g (returned within 30 days) to Samsung Epic 4g to Epic 4g Touch to Galaxy Note 2.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
    The OEM battery for the epic 4g touch work in the epic 4g. They are 1800mh
    Really? I was wondering if this was the case.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Thumbs up Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Just got 2 Anker 1800 mAh batteries and charger for my Epic 4g Touch. Ordered on 13th, got it today. 2 days from California, fantastic service!

    The charger is very cool. I have the charger plugged into the Epic power cord, have one of the new batteries charging and then have a micro USB cord to my Epic and that is charging at same time. The charger also works on other batteries too. The battery fits perfectly, its exactly the same size as stock battery.

    $19.99 including shipping, got it from Amazon from LaptopMate. Great seller.

    Now will charge and replace by Epic battery and see how long they last.
    Treo's going back to dark ages, Pre Minus, Motorola Photon, Galaxy S2 and now Galaxy S4 & Asus T700 Tablet
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    shakezzzullaa's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread: EI22

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfiered1 View Post
    Just got 2 Anker 1800 mAh batteries and charger for my Epic 4g Touch. Ordered on 13th, got it today. 2 days from California, fantastic service!

    The charger is very cool. I have the charger plugged into the Epic power cord, have one of the new batteries charging and then have a micro USB cord to my Epic and that is charging at same time. The charger also works on other batteries too. The battery fits perfectly, its exactly the same size as stock battery.

    $19.99 including shipping, got it from Amazon from LaptopMate. Great seller.

    Now will charge and replace by Epic battery and see how long they last.
    After reading your post, I ordered myself this battery as well. Much better than the stock battery. Thanks for letting us know about this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Epic 4G 1700 mAh Battery

    Do the Anker 1800 mah batteries work in the original epic 4g as well? The above post only mentioned OEM batteries fitting.

Posting Permissions

B