Mounting smatphone on a scooter?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope I made a good choice on where I'm posting this. I had an idea though I'm not sure if I would do this regularly if at all depending on what I find out. I ride a 49cc scooter for all my local driving (any trip that doesn't require highway use) needs which means that 75% of the time I'm on the road I'm on my scooter. It is rare that I need to use GPS when on the scooter but I thought well when I do mounting would be of benefit. My main concern is either my epic falling out of the mount or the mount itself falling off. Anyone ride scooters as much as I do try mounting? If so I'd like to hear your thoughts and recommendations. I was considering getting this mount for use in my car the other 25% of the time.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you already have a case or not, but when I had my Epic I used this holster with my Seidio case. If there's a place to clip it onto your scooter it might work, plus if you ever have a spill the phone will be protected.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
No place to clip by design. I'd have to rig something up for whatever to mount with. I probably should have taken a picture of the inside part of the from of the scooter to help figure out what to do. I'll get a picture taken in the morning it is too dark out now to get a good one.

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ram Mounts make a number of options for mounting to...things. I've looked at these for mounting on my Honda Magna. You may be able to get away with a motorcycle mount with one of the recommended Epic cradles. Looks to me like it may just fit in the center or maybe even on either side. These tend not to be the least expensive but they seem pretty highly regarded in the motorcycle world. May be worth the investement if you are riding that much.

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a good possibility. You are right though about the price. It will be more than I had wanted to spend. But looks like more secure than the universal mount from the AC store. Shame AC doesn't carry this brand so I could order them with the case I was considering getting so I can get free shipping. I input vespa LX as the cycle choice in the wizard and this is the stuff that was recommended. This will also work for in my car with a purchase of one of the compatible car mount options. I wanted to go vent mount since it is the most logical spot to me in my car for mounting in it. I am also not fond of the suction or sticky mounts since everyone I've talked to says no matter of brand they tend to fall off from where they are attached. Thoughts?

Cradle Holder - Universal Finger Grip for Cell Phone - RAM Mount
RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
It's just like using GPS navigation while driving. With the mount on the handlebar you are still looking where you are going and where other cars are at when glancing at the device to see the map.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz