generic android icons showing in LPP/SRF 1.2

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Heelo....

Not sure if this is a launcher pro plus error or a SRF 1.2 error...but many of my shortcut icons have been replaced with generic android icons.

Independent of kernel.
Fixed permissions....no luck
Restarted LPP...real icons show for a while.
Tried dragging a new shortcut...changes to generic after time.

Anyone else have this? Fix?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just for kicks have you tried flashing a different ROM for a day just to see if the same thing happens? Little process of elimination.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Are these shortcuts that open an app that you've moved to your SD card? If so, it could be the card is unmounting itself randomly.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Are these shortcuts that open an app that you've moved to your SD card? If so, it could be the card is unmounting itself randomly.

They are all on the SD card, but they were on the SD card before I dragged the icon to my screen. The odd thing is that some of the icons are not generic android icons.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with a created folder on the homescreen not opening from time to time (will highlight when touched, but not open). Usually resetting the launcher does the trick. Is this a bug that people know about?

Edit: they are ALL on the sd card! I have all my utils on the phone...except one I now see. So, all the programs do run. I recently went from 16GB to 32GB. I have noticed on one occasion that the video recorder failed during a take.

Faulty microSD card?

Maybe I should backup and format. If I did this, is formatting with widows ok or with CWM or some other util? I don't even know if CWM will do it.

Last edited:

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you all have been bookmarking this thread to see what the outcome was...

Anyhoo....

Decided to switch from SRF 1.2 back to 1.1.1 for multiple reasons, voila! Icons no longer a problem. (Kind of like Paul suggested originally...)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante