Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Exclamation Is there a one click root for EC05 using a Mac?

I want to get Cyanogen on my Epic and I currently have a Mac, is there an easy way to simply root this beats? I used to have the Evo and with Unrevoked it was a simple on eclick method to rooting, is there anything similar or as easy with a Mac?

Please help, and sorry if this has been asked before but I couldnt find anything.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Is there a one click root for EC05 using a Mac?

I am currently stuck... I downloaded the OneClickRoot file, then my Mac automatically unzips it, i place it on my desktop open terminal type chmod run.sh and it says no file found.. how do i navigate to this forlde in terminal or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Ok so I kind of figured out what I am doing altogether now, but I am still having trouble with my terminal not being able to locate this folder, so I get that I would need to type : cd OneClickRootCWM3.1.0.1-CE05 and then enter right? But when I do that it say no file or directory found" Can I simply change the name of the folde maybe to make it easier to find? Pleas help!

BTW its on a Mac.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

Go to qbking's YouTube channel and there is a how to on rooting without a computer. When you download a zip file on a Mac hit command j when you're in which ever browser you use, I use firefox. It will bring up your downloads,then right click on the file and click show in finder then all you need to do is drag that file onto your SD and youre good to go. Follow the instructions for which ever rom you're flashing and then find that zip when you're ready to flash. I had trouble also because macs automatically unzip the file.