Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ginger bread leak or srf 1.2

I am new to the epic amd I was going to root and rom it with the srf1.2 and genocide kernal. Now I here that gingerbread is out through a leak. Which one right now will work the best and why?

Default Re: Ginger bread leak or srf 1.2

Well my opinion I would go with SRF simply because its based off an official build and known to be very bug free. Not to say its perfect but you are going to run into a lot less FC's and possible conflicts running SRF or any ROM built off official Froyo over the leaked Gingerbread builds.

Its still up to you, I've ran the leaked builds and they are pretty solid but do still have bugs and unpredictable things happening at times. The best way I can put it is if you depend on your phone working as expected I would go with something based off Froyo builds, if your into taking some chances and don't mind some lockups and occasional problems then give the GB leaks a test drive.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Totally agree with Paul. Stick with SRF: it is being actively used, evaluated, and de-bugged by the authors and by users alike. I've been running the latest release with Genocide kernel since it was released and have had zero problems...I would even go as far as to say that it's better than the stock ROM. I've had zero FC's and my battery life is excellent.

With a leak you'll certainly get the flavor of GB, but you won't get the full experience until it's officially released. Better yet, wait for GB to be released and then wait until all the new ROMs start coming out..and in the meantime load up SRF or another ROM and start learning your way around the phone and figuring out what you want in a ROM, etc.

late,
    Coz
    "I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I decided to go with srf 1.2 and the genicide 1.1 kernal it it totally cool. I have had a few bugs but nothing major. For example when I hit the back button sometimes the screen will go black and I have to hit the home button. Also when I tried the wireless tether it turned on fine but when I trided to stop it said it was trying to stop but it never did. Any suggestions to what to do about these issues?

One more thing what are your settings in voltage controll. Did you mess with them or did you just leave them the way they were when you flashed your rom? Did you notice a big difference in battery life if you did change them?

Quote Originally Posted by led4lyf View Post
    I decided to go with srf 1.2 and the genicide 1.1 kernal it it totally cool. I have had a few bugs but nothing major. For example when I hit the back button sometimes the screen will go black and I have to hit the home button. Also when I tried the wireless tether it turned on fine but when I trided to stop it said it was trying to stop but it never did. Any suggestions to what to do about these issues?

One more thing what are your settings in voltage controll. Did you mess with them or did you just leave them the way they were when you flashed your rom? Did you notice a big difference in battery life if you did change them?
    Regarding wireless...got to WiFi tether/settings and make sure you selected your device.

Since the ROM is natively so quick I haven't overclocked at all. My battery life is pretty awesome as I can go nearly 24 hours on a charge depending on my signal, etc.

late,
    Coz
    "I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa