HELP: Stuck in Android system recovery (3e)

blada4life

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
some facts:

I am rooted and run the Ace 2.0 rom EC05. i was trying to flash a dialer using rom manager (never used before) and it told me it needs to reboot into recovery (i assumed it would be CWM). It rebooted into the android system recovery.

i can navigate using the vol buttons but i am unable to select anything. i cannot reboot or even wipe or anything, i am stuck on this screen.

why would this happen? how do i exit and reboot? someone help please.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it. Second, using ROM manager will get you into trouble because currently there is only 1 custom kernel that supports ROM manager and that is the Clean Kernel and little or no ROM support on ROM Manager. Your better off at this point booting into CWM using Vol Down + Camera + Power buttons.

rinnycoop121#AC

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
some facts:

I am rooted and run the Ace 2.0 rom EC05. i was trying to flash a dialer using rom manager (never used before) and it told me it needs to reboot into recovery (i assumed it would be CWM). It rebooted into the android system recovery.

i can navigate using the vol buttons but i am unable to select anything. i cannot reboot or even wipe or anything, i am stuck on this screen.

why would this happen? how do i exit and reboot? someone help please.

How did you boot with the bottom touch butons?

blada4life

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
the problem was that there was no way for me to select anything on the screen. when i hit the HOME button on the phone itself, it ended up selecting reboot.

strange that the volume rockers worked but the camera button wouldnt work to select anything on the screen itself, as in CWM