[ROM][HYBRID][EC05]No longer support

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][HYBRID][EC05]Stretched v.5 7/19/11

Stretched v.5 EC05 Hybrid Rom 0719/11 Dark Theme

***First: I take no credit for any of the work in this rom; I only copy and pasted my favorite rom, kernel, theme, and patches; I am NOT any kind of developer****

***Standard Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong; neither is AndroidCentral***

Credit section:
-Whole ACS team for SRF v1.2(Base of Rom) MysteryEmotionz, K0nane
-Schnowdapowda for the Erebos port of Regedy1's theme
-Rodderik for the awesome Genocide 2.0 Kernel
-Chris41g for the auto back up scripts
-RandomKing for volume rocker patch and help fixing the updater-scripts
-Optmsprim2 for boot and shutdown animations
-Paul627g/Ragnarokx for helping me when I first started rooting/flashing
-If I forgot anyone pm me and I'll add you

Included Features:
-Journaled
-Ciq-removed
-Kernel rooted
-Ext4
-Volume rocker patch(Silence,Vibrate,Volume Increase)
-Erebos 6 lock screen theme 7/15
-Minimal apps included: LauncherPro, FlashPlayer, Maps, Streetview, and Youtube plus the minimum system apps (File manager not included find your own)
-Automatic backup and restore

Flashing instructions:
*Always make a back up; if it can go wrong it will!*

From stock EC05:
-Root via Rodderik's one click method here: [MOD][One Click Root]ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1[RFS & EXT4] - xda-developers
-Reboot into CWM v3.1.01
-Flash Chris41g's EXT4 script here: [ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs - xda-developers
-Do not reboot after flashing; immediately flash Stretch v.5

From Rooted with custom rom
-Please use CWM v3.1.01 I have not tested any others.
-Wipe Cache/Dalvik
-Flash
-There is always the possibility without wiping data that you will have remain behind elements from you previous theme/rom

**I have not tested any other methods so flash at your own risk**

Download Link:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Change log:

Version .5 Intitial Release

Known Issues:
-Lock screens are not perfect Schnowdapowda is aware. I recommend the Epic 4g because it looks amazing!
this looks very nice = I just installed and I'm messing with it now

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

just flashed and all seems good so far (knock on wood). pretty smooth, got one FC so far, but other than that it seems solid

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Hmm - OK , so I keep getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." = I reflashed again ( and YES I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 each ) and still getting that error. And when I go to Market to install my Apps I get FC's as well :( :'( :( :'(

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm - OK , so I keep getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." = I reflashed again ( and YES I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 each ) and still getting that error. And when I go to Market to install my Apps I get FC's as well :( :'( :( :'(
What theme and rom are you coming from?

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

What theme and rom are you coming from?
I was running MyFrankenstein EC05OCEv3 , no theme .... but I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 prior to installing and then did it again after 3 wipes X 3 and still same results .... this ROM looks pretty nice though :'(

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was running MyFrankenstein EC05OCEv3 , no theme .... but I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 prior to installing and then did it again after 3 wipes X 3 and still same results .... this ROM looks pretty nice though :'(
If you use titanium back up, can you use that to clear app data?

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

If you use titanium back up, can you use that to clear app data?
I don't use Titanium - I use AppMonster , but I don't install from SD Card = I use install from Market , and I got that initial error while trying to set my " Voice call ringtone" from Settings > Sound ........ I might try flashing it again some other time 'cause it really does look nice. Where did you get the original ROM concept from ( I noticed you used Erebos port for theme ) ? Can you post link to that default Wallpaper for me ?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I am mobile till tomorrow night but I will definitely post that wallpaper for you. The theme is all scnowpowda and the creator I just set it up my way. If it works on this attempt let me know, if not ill swap out the settings.apk and upload a new version tomorow night.

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I am mobile till tomorrow night but I will definitely post that wallpaper for you. The theme is all scnowpowda and the creator I just set it up my way. If it works on this attempt let me know, if not ill swap out the settings.apk and upload a new version tomorow night.
I do believe it is probably the settings.apk that caused my problems = I'd really like to get this up and running smoothly ! and that wallpaper would be nice ;) .... R U gonna post this over in xda ?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I do believe it is probably the settings.apk that caused my problems = I'd really like to get this up and running smoothly ! and that wallpaper would be nice ;) .... R U gonna post this over in xda ?
Probably not just because there is no skill in this rom it is just cut and paste. I am actually going to make a guide on how to do it soon because anyone can do it.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Texas, here is the wallpaper. I am uploading a new version of the rom that contains a stock settings.apk please let me know if that one works for you. You shouldn't have to do the data wipe just the cache/dalvik.

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Texas, here is the wallpaper. I am uploading a new version of the rom that contains a stock settings.apk please let me know if that one works for you. You shouldn't have to do the data wipe just the cache/dalvik.
THX - I'm really looking forward to the new version of this ROM :D ... schnowdapowda over in xda said he was running something very similiar to this on his phone as well :cool:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

THX - I'm really looking forward to the new version of this ROM :D ... schnowdapowda over in xda said he was running something very similiar to this on his phone as well :cool:

Alright upload complete. All I did was swap out the settings.apk with the one from emotionless beast. I also added the stock file manager, myfiles.apk; because I have seen that cause issues for people in the past on other roms. All seems to be working hopefully this works for you guys. No need to wipe data now, just cache/dalvik.

**Also I have 30+ downloads; is this working perfect for anyone? I don't have any testers so I am leaning on you guys for feedback.

Last edited:

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Alright upload complete. All I did was swap out the settings.apk with the one from emotionless beast. I also added the stock file manager, myfiles.apk; because I have seen that cause issues for people in the past on other roms. All seems to be working hopefully this works for you guys. No need to wipe data now, just cache/dalvik.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

**Also I have 30+ downloads; is this working perfect for anyone? I don't have any testers so I am leaning on you guys for feedback.
DARN IT !!! Installed the (alt) version and still getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again." , "Sorry ! The application Download Manager (process android.process.media)has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" , when I go into Market and select "my apps" > purchased > install purchased > accept permissions = it look like it wants to download , but nada :( ........ any suggestions ? I have not had this happen to me with any other ROMs or Themes :(

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

DARN IT !!! Installed the (alt) version and still getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again." , "Sorry ! The application Download Manager (process android.process.media)has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" , when I go into Market and select "my apps" > purchased > install purchased > accept permissions = it look like it wants to download , but nada :( ........ any suggestions ? I have not had this happen to me with any other ROMs or Themes :(

I know what it is, give me a few minutes to upload a new file. How I mixed up a downloadprovider.apk is beyond me. Is that the only FC you have? Remember it is NOT necessary to do a data wipe because it is going to be backed up and restored automatically.

**If you use root explorer move the attachment in this post to /system/app, if not the updated rom's will post in about 25mins.**

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante