Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Cool [ROM][HYBRID][EC05]No longer support

I am running into some trouble, hopefully I can get a new version up soon. As for now this is unsupported.
    Last edited by dtm_stretch; 08-07-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: update
    Thanked by 2:
    TexasEpic4G likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default Re: [ROM][HYBRID][EC05]Stretched v.5 7/19/11

I always wanted to be one of the kewl kids.
    Paul627g likes this.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

Gonna check this out, it looks awesome. Will post back after I flash it. Good work!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket2107 View Post
    Gonna check this out, it looks awesome. Will post back after I flash it. Good work!
    Awesome, let me know how it goes!

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by dtm_stretch View Post
    Stretched v.5 EC05 Hybrid Rom 0719/11 Dark Theme

***First: I take no credit for any of the work in this rom; I only copy and pasted my favorite rom, kernel, theme, and patches; I am NOT any kind of developer****

***Standard Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong; neither is AndroidCentral***

Credit section:
    -Whole ACS team for SRF v1.2(Base of Rom) MysteryEmotionz, K0nane
    -Schnowdapowda for the Erebos port of Regedy1's theme
    -Rodderik for the awesome Genocide 2.0 Kernel
    -Chris41g for the auto back up scripts
    -RandomKing for volume rocker patch and help fixing the updater-scripts
    -Optmsprim2 for boot and shutdown animations
    -Paul627g/Ragnarokx for helping me when I first started rooting/flashing
    -If I forgot anyone pm me and I'll add you

Included Features:
    -Journaled
    -Ciq-removed
    -Kernel rooted
    -Ext4
    -Volume rocker patch(Silence,Vibrate,Volume Increase)
    -Erebos 6 lock screen theme 7/15
    -Minimal apps included: LauncherPro, FlashPlayer, Maps, Streetview, and Youtube plus the minimum system apps (File manager not included find your own)
    -Automatic backup and restore

Flashing instructions:
    *Always make a back up; if it can go wrong it will!*

From stock EC05:
    -Root via Rodderik's one click method here:
    -Reboot into CWM v3.1.01
    -Flash Chris41g's EXT4 script here:
    -Do not reboot after flashing; immediately flash Stretch v.5

From Rooted with custom rom
    -Please use CWM v3.1.01 I have not tested any others.
    -Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    -Flash
    -There is always the possibility without wiping data that you will have remain behind elements from you previous theme/rom

**I have not tested any other methods so flash at your own risk**

Download Link:

Change log:

Version .5 Intitial Release

Known Issues:
    -Lock screens are not perfect Schnowdapowda is aware. I recommend the Epic 4g because it looks amazing!
    this looks very nice = I just installed and I'm messing with it now

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

just flashed and all seems good so far (knock on wood). pretty smooth, got one FC so far, but other than that it seems solid

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Hmm - OK , so I keep getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." = I reflashed again ( and YES I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 each ) and still getting that error. And when I go to Market to install my Apps I get FC's as well
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by TexasEpic4G View Post
    Hmm - OK , so I keep getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." = I reflashed again ( and YES I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 each ) and still getting that error. And when I go to Market to install my Apps I get FC's as well
    What theme and rom are you coming from?

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

What theme and rom are you coming from?
    I was running MyFrankenstein EC05OCEv3 , no theme .... but I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 prior to installing and then did it again after 3 wipes X 3 and still same results .... this ROM looks pretty nice though

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

The only FC I got was something about downloads. Not really sure what its about
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I was running MyFrankenstein EC05OCEv3 , no theme .... but I did the usual 3 wipes X 3 prior to installing and then did it again after 3 wipes X 3 and still same results .... this ROM looks pretty nice though
    If you use titanium back up, can you use that to clear app data?

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

If you use titanium back up, can you use that to clear app data?
    I don't use Titanium - I use AppMonster , but I don't install from SD Card = I use install from Market , and I got that initial error while trying to set my " Voice call ringtone" from Settings > Sound ........ I might try flashing it again some other time 'cause it really does look nice. Where did you get the original ROM concept from ( I noticed you used Erebos port for theme ) ? Can you post link to that default Wallpaper for me ?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I am mobile till tomorrow night but I will definitely post that wallpaper for you. The theme is all scnowpowda and the creator I just set it up my way. If it works on this attempt let me know, if not ill swap out the settings.apk and upload a new version tomorow night.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

I am mobile till tomorrow night but I will definitely post that wallpaper for you. The theme is all scnowpowda and the creator I just set it up my way. If it works on this attempt let me know, if not ill swap out the settings.apk and upload a new version tomorow night.
    I do believe it is probably the settings.apk that caused my problems = I'd really like to get this up and running smoothly ! and that wallpaper would be nice .... R U gonna post this over in xda ?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I do believe it is probably the settings.apk that caused my problems = I'd really like to get this up and running smoothly ! and that wallpaper would be nice .... R U gonna post this over in xda ?
    Probably not just because there is no skill in this rom it is just cut and paste. I am actually going to make a guide on how to do it soon because anyone can do it.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Texas, here is the wallpaper. I am uploading a new version of the rom that contains a stock settings.apk please let me know if that one works for you. You shouldn't have to do the data wipe just the cache/dalvik.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][HYBRID][EC05]No longer support-default_wallpaper.jpg  
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Texas, here is the wallpaper. I am uploading a new version of the rom that contains a stock settings.apk please let me know if that one works for you. You shouldn't have to do the data wipe just the cache/dalvik.
    THX - I'm really looking forward to the new version of this ROM ... schnowdapowda over in xda said he was running something very similiar to this on his phone as well
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

THX - I'm really looking forward to the new version of this ROM ... schnowdapowda over in xda said he was running something very similiar to this on his phone as well
    Alright upload complete. All I did was swap out the settings.apk with the one from emotionless beast. I also added the stock file manager, myfiles.apk; because I have seen that cause issues for people in the past on other roms. All seems to be working hopefully this works for you guys. No need to wipe data now, just cache/dalvik.

**Also I have 30+ downloads; is this working perfect for anyone? I don't have any testers so I am leaning on you guys for feedback.
    Last edited by dtm_stretch; 07-21-2011 at 09:46 PM.

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Alright upload complete. All I did was swap out the settings.apk with the one from emotionless beast. I also added the stock file manager, myfiles.apk; because I have seen that cause issues for people in the past on other roms. All seems to be working hopefully this works for you guys. No need to wipe data now, just cache/dalvik.

**Also I have 30+ downloads; is this working perfect for anyone? I don't have any testers so I am leaning on you guys for feedback.
    DARN IT !!! Installed the (alt) version and still getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again." , "Sorry ! The application Download Manager (process android.process.media)has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" , when I go into Market and select "my apps" > purchased > install purchased > accept permissions = it look like it wants to download , but nada ........ any suggestions ? I have not had this happen to me with any other ROMs or Themes
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

DARN IT !!! Installed the (alt) version and still getting "Sorry ! The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again." , "Sorry ! The application Download Manager (process android.process.media)has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" , when I go into Market and select "my apps" > purchased > install purchased > accept permissions = it look like it wants to download , but nada ........ any suggestions ? I have not had this happen to me with any other ROMs or Themes
    I know what it is, give me a few minutes to upload a new file. How I mixed up a downloadprovider.apk is beyond me. Is that the only FC you have? Remember it is NOT necessary to do a data wipe because it is going to be backed up and restored automatically.

**If you use root explorer move the attachment in this post to /system/app, if not the updated ROMs will post in about 25mins.**
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dtm_stretch; 07-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

I know what it is, give me a few minutes to upload a new file. How I mixed up a downloadprovider.apk is beyond me. Is that the only FC you have? Remember it is NOT necessary to do a data wipe because it is going to be backed up and restored automatically.

**If you use root explorer move the attachment in this post to /system/app, if not the updated ROMs will post in about 25mins.**
    I'm getting the FCs when trying to set ringer and DL apps ( as mentioned the status bar looks like it's DL , but nada ) .... that's as far as I've gone so far. You have this same exact ROM running on your Epic with NO problems ? Have you heard back from anyone else who DL this ?
    Last edited by TexasEpic4G; 07-21-2011 at 10:18 PM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I'm getting the FCs when trying to set ringer and DL apps ( as mentioned the status bar looks like it's DL , but nada ) .... that's as far as I've gone so far
    Did you try pushing the attached file yet? You could also restore your back up then reflash the rom without any wipes.

Here are the updated roms: regular rom
    with different settings.apk:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default Re: [ROM][HYBRID][EC05]Stretched v.5 7/21/11 Alt added

Download links updated. If this does not work, I will pull them down and run through a lot more testing.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Download links updated. If this does not work, I will pull them down and run through a lot more testing.
    OK = FINALLY got it running right ... only encountered 2 glitches so far ... 1) Gingerbread KB kept doing FC so I had to uninstall it , 2) I got one Sleep of Death at work this afternoon ( but that is usually a kernel issue , not a ROM issue ) .... other than that , it's doing good = Nice Job !
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

OK = FINALLY got it running right ... only encountered 2 glitches so far ... 1) Gingerbread KB kept doing FC so I had to uninstall it , 2) I got one Sleep of Death at work this afternoon ( but that is usually a kernel issue , not a ROM issue ) .... other than that , it's doing good = Nice Job !
    Did you try clear the app data for the keyboard?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast