Tried GB EF02-ODin back to EC05 still asking to upgrade

jashov

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried out EF02, with the EF10 radio, had some issues, and ODin back to EC05. When the phone boots, it still asks to upgrade from EF10 to EF02.

Is there something I missed when I went back to EC05?

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried out EF02, with the EF10 radio, had some issues, and ODin back to EC05. When the phone boots, it still asks to upgrade from EF10 to EF02.

Is there something I missed when I went back to EC05?

Thanks
Where did you download or get the the EC05 Odin package from and which Odin package? Sounds like something didn't completely wipe. If your just flashing the modem then that could be your issue. You may need to reflash the entire device, ROM & modem to remove any leftovers from the GB stuff.

Last edited:

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the modem upgrade? I still get the message as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I Odin the EF02 modem, did the ota upgrade to EF10 modem. Then ended up going back to the EC05 modem. Now I get the popup telling me I can upgrade to EF02 modem when I reboot. I'm sure a full EB13 Odin will take care of it, but it doesn't bother me enough to Odin back. I'll just wait till GB hits and the popup should go away.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep to entirely get rid of the modem update I would suggest a full Odin wipe and not just flashing the modem.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
already tried this and it still pops out after reboot :( what do i do??
I had this exact problem! I used Odin to do a full wipe and reflashed the modem, multiple times. I even reformatted my SD card. Nothing worked! So I finally broke down and let it update to EF02. Guess what? It ran through its process and didn't even update! The best part is the message quit popping up on every restart. Also, the baseband still shows EC05.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Very weird because Odin is supposed to wipe the entire device clean with those Odin tars and shouldn't be leaving any traces of old stuff behind. Well at least it seemed to resolve itself once you let it do want it wanted...

Still very strange. :confused:

cardenas5810

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Very weird because Odin is supposed to wipe the entire device clean with those Odin tars and shouldn't be leaving any traces of old stuff behind. Well at least it seemed to resolve itself once you let it do want it wanted...

ok i fixed it guys. i actually tried to update it with the pop up and actually bricked my phone to an extent i couldnt even start my phonee or go into recovery or anything . only thing that did work was holding "1" and power button for the download screen. took a while to fix it with odin but finally got it last night.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I agree. It truly doesn't make sense, but it would always come back after wiping with Odin. I will say that after I did this, my battery was draining at an alarming rate. It would be dead within 5 hours, even if it was put in airplane mode. I could not deal with that so I went back to SRF 1.2...so much better!

Gregory2114

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Inorder to stop the repeated ef02/ef10 upgrade requests after changing to a different modem, do the following: Select install and let your phone attempt to install the ef02/ef10 modem. It will appear to be doing so and your phone should reboot itself. After the phone reboots it will connect with samsung and check for updates. It will find that none are available and the ef02/ef10 upgrade request will be gone. You will continue to have whatever modem version you had installed on the phone :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy