Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ root)

Just passing this along...

All credit to Decad3nce and XDA.

Source Link : xda developers

Check the thread, I asked for a mirror and Rodderik and Esteway put up a few extra mirrors to handle the traffic

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 07-24-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ ro

OK, I need to double check my path to EG22...please bear with me as I get a bit confused sometimes with all the different versions of CWM and Bonsai's own recovery.

I am running Bonsai 4.1.3. So, if I understand this correctly, I need to flash CWM from the XDA link with Odin and then I should be good to go to flash the deodexed EG22. Is this correct or should I Odin the odexed version over Bonsai.

Thanks in advance.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_H View Post
    OK, I need to double check my path to EG22...please bear with me as I get a bit confused sometimes with all the different versions of CWM and Bonsai's own recovery.

I am running Bonsai 4.1.3. So, if I understand this correctly, I need to flash CWM from the XDA link with Odin and then I should be good to go to flash the deodexed EG22. Is this correct or should I Odin the odexed version over Bonsai.

Thanks in advance.
    You can even use the CWM flashable version, you just flash the CWM purple 3.1.0.1 in CWM and select reboot recovery afterwards and your CWM will be changed.

But either way will work, either use the CWM flashable or use the Odin CWM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You can even use the CWM flashable version, you just flash the CWM purple 3.1.0.1 in CWM and select reboot recovery afterwards and your CWM will be changed.

Dude, Paul, you're awesome man. This new leak rocks, and the way to install it makes it even more worth my while. Thanks man.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Since I was running the Bonsai recovery I went with the Odin approach. I wasn't sure if I could use Bonsai recovery to flash CWM. Everything is working great so far.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Since I was running the Bonsai recovery I went with the Odin approach. I wasn't sure if I could use Bonsai recovery to flash CWM. Everything is working great so far.

Yes you can use the Bonsai recovery. Doesn't matter anymore now that you have taken the Odin approach but Bonsai recovery or CWM is simply Bonsai's own modified/tweaked version of CWM like CWM 3.1.0.1 purple or CWM 3.0.2.5. Actually I think its closer to CWM 3.0.2.5.

Enjoy your GB!
    Paul

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Yes you can use the Bonsai recovery. Doesn't matter anymore now that you have taken the Odin approach but Bonsai recovery or CWM is simply Bonsai's own modified/tweaked version of CWM like CWM 3.1.0.1 purple or CWM 3.0.2.5. Actually I think its closer to CWM 3.0.2.5.

Enjoy your GB!
    Thanks for clearing that up!

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for clearing that up!

No problem Ed... Happy to help a fellow Illinois neighbor
    Paul

Default Re: [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ root)

Just passing this along...

All credit to Decad3nce and XDA.

Source Link : xda developers

Check the thread, I asked for a mirror and Rodderik and Esteway put up a few extra mirrors to handle the traffic

Thanks guys.