1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ODIN] EG22 Gingerbread ODEX/Stock Leak Available

Thanks to XDA, and Samfirmware.com and everyone else involved we have a new leak to play with

Source Link & instructions :
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: [ODIN] EG22 Gingerbread ODEX/Stock Leak Available

:: Important ::

I have already read by a few of the themers over at XDA that the frameworks and other files were modified in this new leak so with that said EF02 based themes will not be compatible at this time. They may flash but the results are un predictable.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

yay so excited. anybody running it yet?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'll be running the deodex version in a few...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Thanks to XDA, and Samfirmware.com and everyone else involved we have a new leak to play with

Source Link & instructions :
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up, Paul.

How's it been running thus far? Any hitches?

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Hey all,

Trying to help my wife with her Samsung Epic 4G.

Her phone is all jacked up.... downloads and such... the internal memory is so close to full,
    even though ALMOST all apps moved to sdcard (thank you Froyo)

Looking for best practice for backing up all her current apps/save states in those apps(ie: worked so hard to unlock levels in angry birds, iRunner, etc, don't want to loose all that time put in), PRIOR to / along with upgrade to Gingerbread.

I'm tech savy so I can figure whatever out... I recall something about rooting and Titanum app to back up .... Question is am I better off doing:
    1. Gingerbread update first, and then backing up, rewiping with Gingerbread and then restoring the apps/settings she really wants to keep
    OR
    2. Backing everything up first, wiping to clean Froyo, restoring apps settings, and then Gingerbread update
    OR
    3. Is it possible to backup everything on Froyo, Wiping straight to Gingerbread, and then restoring apps/settings?

I ask #3 because I know from past experience with other phones / OSes sometimes restoring apps/settings doesn't play well when backup is from previous version of the os/firmware.

Thanks all in advance.

Hey guys liking this EG22 quite a bit, however I wanted to see if some of you could test something. I frequently use my phone for gps in my car with an AUX input, so I also stream music at the same time. I was streaming music through tunein radio app and google nav and my phone locked up completely for several minutes then after a minute or two of me trying to do a hard reset, it finally reset. I just used it for gps from then on, but I was wondering does anyone else have problems streaming radio and gps at the same time on this rom?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Flashed and hoping the battery on this can last me at least a day. Screw waiting for Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-D700

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Been running this for a couple days and has been great. Car dock works great with audio out through USB port. No force closes at all. Battery life is good for a stock build.

Quote Originally Posted by lawr0155 View Post
    Hey guys liking this EG22 quite a bit, however I wanted to see if some of you could test something. I frequently use my phone for gps in my car with an AUX input, so I also stream music at the same time. I was streaming music through tunein radio app and google nav and my phone locked up completely for several minutes then after a minute or two of me trying to do a hard reset, it finally reset. I just used it for gps from then on, but I was wondering does anyone else have problems streaming radio and gps at the same time on this rom?
    I've been having trouble with both individually. After about 45 seconds or so of GPS use there is the three vibrates and theh GPS icon is stuck in the status bar and will no longer work until reboot. Also my music app freezes nearly the same way the GPS locks up.