EG22 Stock Wallpaper

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to obtain the stock wallpaper that comes with the leaked version of 2.3.4 (EG22) I mean the one that is defaulted as the wallpaper. I would also like to get the default one that comes with SFR 1.2 Please help.:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to obtain the stock wallpaper that comes with the leaked version of 2.3.4 (EG22) I mean the one that is defaulted as the wallpaper. I would also like to get the default one that comes with SFR 1.2 Please help.:)

I could pull the GB one and post it here for you in the morning.

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I could pull the GB one and post it here for you in the morning.
Hey, could you explain how you did it though? I found another thread on XDA where it explains to change the .apk to .zip extension on Launcher.apk found on system/app I think, and that way I got the ones that came with 2.1 in the end thanks for your help Paul.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, could you explain how you did it though? I found another thread on XDA where it explains to change the .apk to .zip extension on Launcher.apk found on system/app I think, and that way I got the ones that came with 2.1 in the end thanks for your help Paul.
Well the stock wallpaper for GB will be in the "res/drawable/" directory of the ROM itself. Any of the other wallpapers will probably be in the Launcher.apk which I will have to look inside and pull them out.

Normally someone does a system dump on this stuff and extracts the wallpapers but there is already so much GB stuff available I don't think anyone has really bothered to do so..

Download Link: Gingerbread EG22 Wallpapers (extract the zip file using WinRAR/7zip)

Last edited:
Reactions: altimuh

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So, I looked everywhere in the ROM and i couldn't find the directory you were talking about. where exactly is it at?

The only thing your going to find in the ROM is the default_wallpaper.jpg located in res/drawable/

Otherwise the other 25 or so wallpapaer were in the Launcher.apk, I think it was in the res/drawable/hdpi/ folder. Just look for the wall_paperxxxxxxx.jpg. filenames as they were in the zip I posted.

Last edited:

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing your going to find in the ROM is the default_wallpaper.jpg located in res/drawable/

Otherwise the other 25 or so wallpapaer were in the Launcher.apk, I think it was in the res/drawable/hdpi/ folder. Just look for the wall_paperxxxxxxx.jpg. filenames as they were in the zip I posted.

Paul, the directory res/drawable/ is what I can't find. The only place I remember seeing it is when changing the launcher from .apk to .zip I already looked on all the folders that come with the rom and I cannot locate it. I downloaded the rom and opened it with zip. Does it have to be extracted first or just opened with zip? Sorry for not understanding what you mean.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul, the directory res/drawable/ is what I can't find. The only place I remember seeing it is when changing the launcher from .apk to .zip I already looked on all the folders that come with the rom and I cannot locate it. I downloaded the rom and opened it with zip. Does it have to be extracted first or just opened with zip? Sorry for not understanding what you mean.

You can do it either way with WinRAR or 7zip. Extract the entire ROM to a location on your computer or simply OPEN the Archive/Zip, its your choice.
[INFO]
Go to the following directory.

system/framework/framework-res.apk

then open framework-res.apk

res/drawable/default_wallpaper.jpg

Now to find the other wallpapers they are located in the Launcher2.apk

From the ROM, navigate to

system/app/Launcher2.apk

Open Launcher2.apk

res/drawable-hdpi/

You will find the wallpaper_xxxxxx.jpg (Full size)
or you will find wallpaper_xxxx_small.jpg (Thumbnail images for the wallpaper picker)

[/INFO]

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital