Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is 7z 1/4?

I am trying to install the update and i am doing every step correct but this is what keeps coming up:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> 7z'
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

what am i doing wrong... I placed the .pit and .tar file in the correct places and i only left re-boot checked... can someone help me out?

Default Re: What is 7z 1/4????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by that.rick22 View Post
    I am trying to install the update and i am doing every step correct but this is what keeps coming up:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> 7z'
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

what am i doing wrong... I placed the .pit and .tar file in the correct places and i only left re-boot checked... can someone help me out?
    First which update are you trying to do.

Second what is your current setup

More information you provide the better.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    First which update are you trying to do.

Second what is your current setup

More information you provide the better.
    sorry... i was on stock 2.2.1 and trying to install the update EG22
    I read and did step by step the intructions listed on the page on XDA
    at first my laptop would not read my phone but then i switched usb cords and everything started to come together but i kept getting 7z1/4

This almost seems like either a connection problem or possibly a bad download or corrupted file. This is the first time I've heard of this and searches really aren't turning up much to go off of.

Did you install the Samsung drivers before attempting this?
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I thought I saw in another thread that that error message appears when one compressed file was inside of another compressed file (a zip within a zip) and the user only unzipped the first one.

I could be wrong, but just double check that you unzipped everything.

- X

the file from samfirmware.com has the eg22 tar file compressed in 7z format. you need to extract that file too... It should be a .tar.md5 or just .tar
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    the file from samfirmware.com has the eg22 tar file compressed in 7z format. you need to extract that file too... It should be a .tar.md5 or just .tar
    This is what I thought to, but I assumed if he had gotten the pit file he had to use the samfirmware.com password to initiate the extraction to get the pit and tar file. It basically a self extracting package once you enter the password.

I could be wrong but that was my thinking when the OP first posted this.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    This is what I thought to, but I assumed if he had gotten the pit file he had to use the samfirmware.com password to initiate the extraction to get the pit and tar file. It basically a self extracting package once you enter the password.

I could be wrong but that was my thinking when the OP first posted this.
    Yep, inside the password protected RAR file from samfirmware is the pit and other files, but the TAR file is 7z[ipped] still. So a second extraction of THAT file needs to be done first.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Thanks for clearing that up. Normally I check out most of the leaks but this time around I skipped the samfirmware download and went straight to the CWM deodexed version.

A zip inside of a zip.... interesting.... guess we've seen it all now
    Paul

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

thank everyone!! so come to find out that it was needed to be unzipped... i felt super stupid for it... thank goodness for this forum ... i was thinking dang now i have to wait for sprint to come around and roll out the update who knows when lol