[ROM] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 2.0 [AIO] EH17 | 11/07

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

GINGERBREAD ROM

2.3.4 EH17 "ThunderHawk" v.2.0 Semi-Official [Journaled]
2.3.4 EG22 "ThunderHawk" v.1.2 Semi-Official [Journaled]
EG22 AIO Volume/Hotspot/Lockscreen/Overscroll/Lag Fix
The first rom to combine ALL of these great mods!

Updated 11/07/2011
Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!

I maintain RandomROM as a distribution across multiple forums. As such, the bulk of the information, details, etc. is maintained on my site. Rest assured, the links below will take you to aforementioned site where you will find all of the information you require regularly updated on how to use this rom. No subscription required. Always free (donations appreciated, never required). All of my roms, mods, themes, guides, etc. can be found on this easy to navigate site as well as my blog for upcoming updates. As always, I will still answer questions here.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, divorce, bankruptcy, acne, etc. Please do some research if you are a first time flasher BEFORE flashing this rom. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me if something goes wrong with your device, I will laugh. By downloading, you agree to have read all pertinent information provided and to accept any and all responsibility subsequently.

Home Of The AIO Mod For EG22.
I have updated and merged necrosan's wifi tether mod and mkasick's volume rocker mod together, as they change the same framework.jar. This means that Sprint Hotspot will work freely without an additional Wifi Tether app, and that your volume rocker can now seamlessly transition from silent, to vibrate, to loud. Included in this conglomeration are also maddoggin's lockscreen mod and qbking77's overscroll glow mod, as well as the CRT animation. This will currently remain known as the AIO mod, and version 4 is the latest. It is included in the RandomROM EG22 theme.

To any rom/theme developers: Feel free to utilize this mod but be sure to reference myself and all aforementioned developers involved. It took a lot of time and effort to make these great features play nicely and it's important to keep the original creators in the loop.

Why Should I Use RandomROM?

This rom is a personal hobby of mine to maintain the greatest battery life that I can. I've scoured the forums searching for the newest and greatest tweaks, mods, etc. to include, and then carefully tested them all for battery performance. I've also made additional changes, developments, and additions all my own. As such, this rom has compiled the excellent work of many great developers into my own ideas and configurations. Contained within are many useful apps pre-installed as well as an effort to replicate my exact setup which has yielded me 0-1% battery loss per hour maximum when idle! On good days it's now beating RandomROM EC05 Phoenix!

All included apps have been RandomKing-Approved to conform with the best battery usage. I'm always on the lookout for more tweaks, possible thematic changes, etc. There should be no issues, but should I happen to find one, I may simply release a patch or quietly switch out the upload version.

Many of you have complained that others achieve much better battery life. The goal of RandomRom is to provide MY setup that's provided me with great battery life. Further details are available in the changelog of post 2, as well as more specific details and usage stats.

SCREENSHOTS

ThunderHawkLock1.jpg
ThunderHawkLock2.jpg
ThunderHawkLock3.jpg

PhoenixScreen4.jpg
ThunderHawkScreen1.jpg
PhoenixScreen6.gif

DOWNLOADS:
If you like my work, click the Thanks button or Donate a beer!

CHANGELOG:

CREDITS:
First and foremost, a huge thanks to the guys at Samfirmware for making this possible!
This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users. Huge thanks to necrosan, maddoggin, sbrissen, mkasick, chris41g, qbking77, optmsprim2, tortel1210, nubecoder, deano0714, and more to be listed!!​

Last edited:

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Screenshots, Downloads, Changelog, Themes, and Credits

You've got questions, here's some answers!

Want to reduce the ram leakage problem? These suggestions may help:
  • Click here!
  • Preferences>Advanced Settings>Memory Usage Settings> Uncheck "Use homescreen caches"
Miss Live Wallpapers? Don't really care how much battery they use?
Really wish that you could return to the stock fonts?
Can't figure out how to make the battery percentage appear?
  • It's under Settings > Lockscreen Settings > Statusbar Settings
Want the battery icon, and not just the percentage?
  • Same deal as before, except you have to hide battery icon, and then un-hide it. Wait a moment.
When should I use the AIO mod?
  • If you're on a rom that doesn't have it, or you flashed an EG22 theme that doesn't include it.
I really miss my old transparent messaging app, can I have that back?
I love RandomROM, but the Framework FC's are just too much to handle and no-one can help me, what should I do?
  • Check out Phoenix EC05 linked in my signature at the bottom of this post :).
How do I use my own ringtone, alarm, and notification mp3s?
  1. Create a folder on your SD card called "media".
  2. Inside of that create "audio".
  3. Inside of that create:
    • "ringtones" for ringtones.
    • "alarms" for alarms.
    • "notifications" for notifications.

Last edited:

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.3 OSPREY [Journaled] EG22 | 8/4

hey random love the rom. however every so often the phone resets itself, is there a fix for this?

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for a truly wonderful, eye-candy filled ROM. You have such a promising development career in this community, if you decide to stay around.
Thanks again! My phone feels/looks like new again!
randomROM FTW!!:D

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

hey random love the rom. however every so often the phone resets itself, is there a fix for this?

Sorry for the delay!

The EF02 Bonsai kernel I've included seems to have a few drawbacks. My personal least favorite is the lack of an LED notification for MMS.

However, it also appears to suffer from a large memory leak issue, and once the leakage grows large enough it can reboot the phone. To combat this, you can manually task kill, as well as occasionally reboot the phone yourself to refresh the ram. Unfortunately, this kernel also doesn't allow for init.d scripts, so I'm investigating solutions for the next revision.

chiefplt

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I just installed this ROM and really love it. I still can't get Google Nav to work reliably though. I've had this same problem on all the Gingerbread leaks. It comes up but I get stuck on "Searching for GPS." There are some workarounds that seem to help - like if i load Google Maps first or do some other stuff like that. But going straight to Nav doesn't work. I've tried GPS Aids too and that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

@chief Im not sure i was having the same problem with the searching for gps yesterday, I do not use gps much but needed it yesterday and it was giving me the same issue.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

No problems, would that memory fix on xda solve this problem?

What memory fix would that be? I'm open to suggestions.

I just installed this ROM and really love it. I still can't get Google Nav to work reliably though. I've had this same problem on all the Gingerbread leaks. It comes up but I get stuck on "Searching for GPS." There are some workarounds that seem to help - like if i load Google Maps first or do some other stuff like that. But going straight to Nav doesn't work. I've tried GPS Aids too and that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Have you tried GPS Status & Toolbox? Some have claimed that helps.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried [URL="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en" said:
GPS Status & Toolbox[/URL]? Some have claimed that helps.

I can't speak for GB, but on SRF 1.1 froyo, gps status DOES help. I will say that the gps gets a lock quickly 9 times out of 10, but when it doesn't, firing up gps status usually does the trick. Set it to automatically refresh the
Assisted GPS data on every start, as I think that's what does it.

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Are there any negative effects if we flashed the EG22PLUS kernel over this?

hitman6482

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.3 HAWK [Journaled] EG22 | 8/17

RandomKing,

I love this ROM, thanks for putting it together and refining it. I had been anxious to get a reliable Gingerbread ROM for my Epic, but a bit gunshy since they are relatively new to the scene and I didn't want to give up a lot of what I had grown used to in SRF 1.2.

I took the plunge with RandomROM 2.3 Hawk v1 and had some problems with it, some apps would go missing, some FC, and my Gmail app would not work properly, even after fresh reinstalls.

I downloaded and flashed Hawk v2 and all the problems are gone and for my purposes the ROM is stable. I have used it for a couple of days with EH06 modem and can report general stability, reliability, and good battery life.

I do wish to report one issue, though. With my stock ROM and with SRF, the notification LED alert for incoming email (either Gmail or K9) worked fine, giving me a blue LED light when new mail was in my inbox. For some reason, RandomROM 2.3 Hawk v2 (or v1 for that matter) doesn't give me an LED notification when I have email in my inbox (I am using both Gmail and K9 apps with different email addys). My text message LED notification works fine. Its just email.

Thanks again for a great ROM! Looking forward to future refinements!

trpilexxx

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I love this rom.. I also was looking for the page that you added the V6 supercharger and kickass.. I have all 3 on my epic but was wondering what number to use for the V6.. I used number 6 for the lag but maybe there is a different number to click???

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

for the last few weeks running HAWK, i've been getting a ton of random reboots. any suggestions? love everything else about the rom though, thanks.

btw, also tried the v6 script, which works great, but doesn't solve the reboots.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

for the last few weeks running HAWK, i've been getting a ton of random reboots. any suggestions? love everything else about the rom though, thanks.

btw, also tried the v6 script, which works great, but doesn't solve the reboots.

Reboots are a well known issue with the leaks. Your best option is to reflash your rom or return to EC05.

saramon

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I love this ROM, but only one issue, my android system is using upwards to 90 percent of the battery, and I have lost 20 percent in an hour... what can I do... should I go to an EC05 Rom again?