1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [INDEX][EH06] Gingerbread EH06 "Leaked" v.2.3.4 ROMS/Themes/Mods

Gingerbread EH06

Once again I will update this thread whenever possible with new ROMs/themes/mods, etc for the latest Gingerbread EH06 leaked build. I claim no credit to any of these unless its something I did. I am just providing a "one stop shop" thread for you to grab all the latest EH06 goodies

From what I've been told most EG22 themes have been tested and seem to work on EH06!!

ODIN/STOCK: [ROM][ODIN] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

ODIN/MOD: [MODEM][EH06] Gingerbread EH06 "MODEM ONLY"
    Credit: Paul627g/Android Central

ROM/CWM:
    Credit: Decad3nce

ROM/MOD/CWM: [ROM][EH06] Modified Stock/Batt/Logs/No TW
    Credit: dtm_stretch

MOD/CWM:
    Credit: ac16313

ROM/ODIN:
    Credit: crawrj

ROM:
    Credit: ksmullins88

THEME:
    Credit: maddoggin

THEME:
    Credit: theduce102

THEME:

Credit: deano0714

THEME:
    Credit: || Acer ||

MOD:

MOD:

ROM: [ROM][ERA] EH06 Olympus ROM v1.4
    Credit: ERA
    Last edited by Paul627g; 08-24-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: [INDEX] Gingerbread EH06 "Leaked" v.2.3.4 ROMS/Themes/Mods

Mine too...
    Paul

Default Re: [INDEX][EH06] Gingerbread EH06 "Leaked" v.2.3.4 ROMS/Themes/M

update.zip, in stock, deodexed, and root.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    Thanked by:
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

First impressions are that EG22 themes work on EH06. I haven't tried myself. So proceed with EXTREME caution. Make backups! Clear cache and dalvik!

I know it's a leak but I thought I'd give a heads up about the browser. Whenever I open a page and start clicking links to other pages, if I wanted to go back one page and hit the back button, the whole browser would close out and I'd start all over again. No bueno. Aside from that, pretty smooth. Even the navigation seems more stable than before.

Any improvements over EG22 or is this just minor bugs leak? Is anyone running this?

Running the stock/deodex version. So far I.can't tell the difference between this and EG22

Can anyone suggest a ROM that does NOT have Facebook pre-installed? I just dl'ed generic EH06 via Odin and saw that it was pre-installed. I prefer not to have this.

Are there any files that I can remove w/Root Explorer to make this happen?

Thx.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes, just remove the Facebook app from the /system/app/ directory of the ROM before you flash it or right after flashing it before using FB.
    Paul

Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    [NOTE]

THEME:
    [/INFO]

THEME:
    Is anyone else having problems w/this one. I went to XDA and looked at the 4 links for EH06 & none of them work for me. I tried all 4 of them. I don't want to reinstall them because 1 of them (I don't remember which 1) removed my status bar and made my prompt for "settings" become null.

It's bad because I really liked it when I was running EG22 on EF02 build.

FYI: I'm running EH06 base/generic from odin.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ShaLea View Post
    Is anyone else having problems w/this one. I went to XDA and looked at the 4 links for EH06 & none of them work for me. I tried all 4 of them. I don't want to reinstall them because 1 of them (I don't remember which 1) removed my status bar and made my prompt for "settings" become null.

It's bad because I really liked it when I was running EG22 on EF02 build.

FYI: I'm running EH06 base/generic from odin.
    First thought comes to mind you said your running odin base stock, is it deodexed? You need to be running a deodexed version of E06 for this to flash properly...
    Paul

First thought comes to mind you said your running odin base stock, is it deodexed? You need to be running a deodexed version of E06 for this to flash properly...
    I have always been confused w/the odexed vs deodexed versions. I don't know how to tell.

Another question - I don't have an icon for "Contacts," If I go to Phone and tap on Contacts, I get a FC.

I get the message - "The application Phone (process com.sec.android.app.dialertab) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again later."

Luckily I have an app Atakephon, which assists to cross reference my contacts.

Any thoughts?? Thanks for your help thus far.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I have always been confused w/the odexed vs deodexed versions. I don't know how to tell.

Another question - I don't have an icon for "Contacts," If I go to Phone and tap on Contacts, I get a FC.

I get the message - "The application Phone (process com.sec.android.app.dialertab) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again later."

Luckily I have an app Atakephon, which assists to cross reference my contacts.

Any thoughts?? Thanks for your help thus far.
    Without going into great detail, you can Google this if you really want the full explanation. Odex is how your device is setup from the factory. If you root stock Froyo, using Root Exporer you look at your system apps directory each app would have two files xxxxxx.apk and xxxxx.odex . This setup is a bit more efficient but you can't really flash any changes to it.

Deodexed is when a dev goes in and compresses these two files for each app and main system file into one (xxxxxx.apk) and it allows for easy flashing of themes & mods.

If you are running the stock EH06 Odin package that required you to use the "Samfirmware.com" password to unlock it during extraction then that is the ODEX package. You can't flash themes, etc. with this version.

You must flash one that specifically says "DEODEXED" which ROMs like SRF, Bonsai, RandomKing's ROM, etc. etc.. are all based on... Just always check the thread tag or the change log to see if its deodexed or odex.

Highlighted "Deodexed" This is what you want to use....

Highlighted "Odexed" This will basically be stock, rooted with CWM so you can do things like remove bloatware, use backup apps, wireless tethering and if we had kernels....

Onto your other problem.... I would go to Settings>Apps>Manage Apps> and clear cache/data of the Contacts... You will have to resync but it may resolve your problem.
    Paul

Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

hey guy i have a question i have just put eho6 on my epic and the only problemi see is when im looking around on the web browser i cant go back one page it just closes the site is there a fix for this ??
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by sea1206 View Post
    hey guy i have a question i have just put eho6 on my epic and the only problemi see is when im looking around on the web browser i cant go back one page it just closes the site is there a fix for this ??
    I believe this is a known bug with EH06.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sea1206 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is effecting all Browsers, or just stock browser?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Just the stock browser. I think there is either a fix or one in the works over at XDA in the Epic 4g Themes section.

Users have been using Dolphin, Miren, Firefox, etc.. as a workaround.
    Paul

Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

ROM
    EH06

Call me crazy, but I seem to notice a significant volume increase in call volume. Which is cool... except my ears bleed a lil every time I talk to my girlfriend. Also noticed the media output sounds like its peaking every time the bass kicks-also new. Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Shalea
    Just the stock browser. I think there is either a fix or one in the works over at XDA in the Epic 4g Themes section.

Users have been using Dolphin, Miren, Firefox, etc.. as a workaround.
    XScope Pro (Free today on Amazon Apps) is working good as well.
    Thanked by:

Does anyone know if this is compatible with a wiimote?
    If not, can anyone suggest a ROM for the Epic 4G that has Gingerbread and works with wiimotes?
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I have installed this several times, and it seems my wireless radio doesn't like it. I thought perhaps a program from Titanium Backup was causing it, so I never ran it after a fresh install, but it seems to stop working regardless.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Spike

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

What is Busybox and how does it differ from other Roms?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Busybox is part of the root system, really doesn't change anything for the average user. Its just part of the components of a properly rooted ROM/device.. It adds additional commands and such to the device for certain root level tasks. Its mainly used on the development level and really not anything to worry about for the user.
    Paul