Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]
Gingerbread "leak" EH17 v2.3.4
kak1va.png

(Thanks to PumaMania for screenshot!)

Like in the past, here is the one stop shop for the latest ROMs/Themes/Mods for the Gingerbread EH17 leak for the Epic 4g. I will update it whenever possible, and if I'm missing something please drop a post with the info and I will add it to the main post here.

[WARN]Android Central or myself claim no credit to any of the information below unless stated. Flash at your own risk ! [/WARN]

Paul.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
Original Leak/Odin: [Odin][Gingerbread][EH17] Now Released..
Credit: Android Central/Samfirmware.com

ROM/ODIN : [Odin]Stock EH17 Deodexed with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.19
Credit: crawrj

ROM/CWM: [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EH17 (CWM Flashable w/ root
Credit: Decad3nce

ROM/CWM: [Odin]Stock EH17 Odexed with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.19
Credit: crawrj

ROM/CWM: [ERA]{UpDated 9/1} EH17 Hurricane ROM
Credit: anderson620

[/INFO]

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Think its still to early to tell. Hopefully issues like the random reboot (memory leak) and other remaining bugs in EH06 will be addressed.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A little leery about how the updates are going now. EG22 for me was flawless (barring BT issues, I don't use, so does not affect me). EH06 would reset very frequently, up to 8 times a day, even in good signal areas. There is some grumbling about EH17 gps issues, and some random reboots. I'm curious if the issues are carrying over from data restores from previous versions, or if the users are running "clean"? Can anyone that IS having issues with the latest build confirm that they are or are NOT from a data restore?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
A little leery about how the updates are going now. EG22 for me was flawless (barring BT issues, I don't use, so does not affect me). EH06 would reset very frequently, up to 8 times a day, even in good signal areas. There is some grumbling about EH17 gps issues, and some random reboots. I'm curious if the issues are carrying over from data restores from previous versions, or if the users are running "clean"? Can anyone that IS having issues with the latest build confirm that they are or are NOT from a data restore?

I did a clean install of EH17 and restored nothing. All apps were new downloads from the market.

I am having random re-boots, poor battery life and TWS modem issues.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That really stinks.. I feel bad for my fellow Epic users.. It was such a good device for so long just seemed that Sammy/Sprint can't seem to nail down these memory leak/random reboots and GPS issues...

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
A new kind of goofy.

Can't say that I am impressed with EH17 as it is causing all kinds of problems and I can't get it to operate correctly after two flashes.

Issues:

---Default apps such as phone, contacts and one more I cant remember have disappeared from their positions at the bottom of the screen leaving the applications icon alone.

---39 apps had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to allow them to be moved to the SD card.

---My contacts data reintalled in sometime triplicate and four times, necessitating the deletion of many duplicates.

---My baseband version still shows as EC05.

6 hours of time put in on this thing and I still havent gotten the phone anywhere near operational.

Anyone know what I should be doing? I am running CWM 3.1.0.1 purple. Anyone go back to EG22?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Ted from what I've read here and at XDA something seemed to have gone terribly wrong with this leak... Everyone seems to be going back to either EH06 or EG22... I have no idea what Sammy/Sprint is thinking...

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
EH17 was a real step backwards. I have gone back to froyo SRF1.2. Too many re-boots on the GB leaks getting in the way of work.

My wife's Nexus S 4G looks better and better to me every day. Even in stock form it is fast and just works. I am trying to hold out for the new Nexus that will hopefully make its way to Sprint soon.

Gust30

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am running the EH06 rooted CWM 3.1.0.1 and I am not having any problems. BT works great, GPS is solid. I think I'll stick with this until the final update rolls out OTA and see what the devs can cook up for us then!!!!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Crap. This brings me back to the Winter of this year. My phone's in a semi-brick. I will just have to Odin to stock DI18 and then Odin to a rooted version of EG22 or something. I've been using that cable for everything Odin and then this file comes up. I swear, it seems like this file broke my data cable or something haha. :p

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: A new kind of goofy.

Can't say that I am impressed with EH17 as it is causing all kinds of problems and I can't get it to operate correctly after two flashes.

Issues:

---Default apps such as phone, contacts and one more I cant remember have disappeared from their positions at the bottom of the screen leaving the applications icon alone.

---39 apps had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to allow them to be moved to the SD card.

---My contacts data reintalled in sometime triplicate and four times, necessitating the deletion of many duplicates.

---My baseband version still shows as EC05.

6 hours of time put in on this thing and I still havent gotten the phone anywhere near operational.

Anyone know what I should be doing? I am running CWM 3.1.0.1 purple. Anyone go back to EG22?

I can't say i know much about this, but if your baseband still says EC05, then I would guess there is something wrong with your download. I flashed the odin odexed with root, and had no problems...I wasnt thrilled with the performace so i used clockwork and went back to EG22 deodexed, which kept the EH17 modem. Now i am back using the scrambled eggs rom which has been awesome for me!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ted, the reason why your baseband is EC05 is because that isn't the what the ROM is itself, that's the modem version you have. I'd say you should update to the newer, Gingerbread modems because most people have been getting better reception/data speeds.

kedzzoo

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
From what I've witnessed since 9am -
More responsive generally
Wifi is less powerful
Battery ok (6 hours at 30ish percent)
Popular apps work without a hitch.
3g speeds a bit iffy (haven't hit over 700k dl, ul dreadful)
Gps works, all I can say.
No fc's or reboots so far. Crossing fingers.

Last edited:

leetlock

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night and only issue I have had is the wifi being weak, no fc, crashes, or anything else wrong from what I can tell,
Makes me like my Epic again...I did lose some sms/mms stuff i wanted to save, but my fault for not backing up. But restored everything from back up using Mybackup pro and no issues.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night and only issue I have had is the wifi being weak, no fc, crashes, or anything else wrong from what I can tell,
Makes me like my Epic again...I did lose some sms/mms stuff i wanted to save, but my fault for not backing up. But restored everything from back up using Mybackup pro and no issues.
leetlock, in the future remember SMS Backup and Restore from the Market. Its free and does an excellent job of backups of your sms/mms to your sdcard for later retrieval.

Reactions: leetlock

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a somewhat weird situation. I can Odin to DI18, yet I can't Odin to EH17. Why is that? And it seems after encountering problems with EH17 everything else that involves Odin doesn't work. EH17 didn't just mess around with my phone. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna be stuck with DI18 until my contract is up in about 3 months :-\. I don't know if I can go on without root for that long XD.

Reactions: leetlock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae