[ERA]{UpDated 9/1} EH17 Hurricane ROM

anderson620

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
EH17 LEAK
Epic Revolution for Android

Gigantic thanks to samfirmware.com for the leak, as usual!!!

EH17 Deodexed base huge thanks to Decad3nce

We here at ERA are in no way shape or form responsible for voiding your warranty or breaking your device.

INCLUDES::::

Security Patch
Stock theme
Hotspot Hack
New market apk
Widget Grouping
Pre Rooted
Ram tweaks
Sdcard speed boost
SGSII boot animation
RFS system
Journaling ON by default
No Batter fully charged Pop Up MOD - amosher13
Call Log Mod - Mammon88 and Randy_T
Go Launcher & notifications
Ad blocking
Volume Hack - thanks to the Viperteam
Slimmed the ROM down to 125 mb
Removed most Samsung and Sprint Bloat.
Edited build prop
Increased wifi scan time to 5 mins

BUGS & TODO LIST:::::

Busybox not installing right
Add overscroll
Add lock mod
Add battery mod
Still a lot more to do...

If I forgot something or missed someone or screwed up the credit, please, please, please tell me. I want to give full credit to everyone for their work, and am not trying to take credit from anyone. I am simply combining my favorite things together and calling it a ROM.

INSTRUCTIONS :
You can either ODIN the EH17 leak and modem and then flash this over top (probably the best way)
or if youre rooted with Clockwork mod 3.x.x.x just wipe data and dalvik x3 then flash

to get busybox to work right(until i figure it out) go to the market and grab the busybox installer by JRummy.

VIDEO HERE Thanks to QBking77

:::::::CHANGELOG:::::::

.............V_1.1...........

Added volume rocker - HUGE THANKS TO CRAWRJ
Added Lag rotation - HUGE THANKS TO CRAWRJ & CHRIS41G
Added CRT off animation - HUGE THANKS TO CK23
Changed some system sounds

Download

!!!New Update V1.1!!! - here

ACS EH17 plus kernel (recommended) here
Mirrors -

Reactions: jakob777

anderson620

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. GPS is still spotty; I had the best luck using GPS Aid from the market. I'm guessing that's one of the things holding up an official release.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jakob777

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Trying this one out myself but there was a update to v1.3 HERE is a link to the XDA forum post on it. Just a wonder do you have to install the new kernel you posted here ? I have not installed it myself but it seems to run just fine with out it, the only thing I wondered on was I am showing v 1.2 when I look at my phone info (used the first mirror link as the google link is flooded right now) I am wondering if I didn't get the latest.

And I hope you are working on a way change lock screen settings that was the only thing I was missing. Otherwise you guys are doing a great job!!

schmagoogly

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Trying this one out myself but there was a update to v1.3 HERE is a link to the XDA forum post on it. Just a wonder do you have to install the new kernel you posted here ? I have not installed it myself but it seems to run just fine with out it, the only thing I wondered on was I am showing v 1.2 when I look at my phone info (used the first mirror link as the google link is flooded right now) I am wondering if I didn't get the latest.

And I hope you are working on a way change lock screen settings that was the only thing I was missing. Otherwise you guys are doing a great job!!

Thanks for providing the link to the developer page with the updated ROM.

The "security patch" listed under the changelog, what is that? I really hope that this means that CarrierIQ is removed. Can anyone confirm this?

jakob777

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems they are not updating here that much so maybe I can help (hope they dont mind). The newest update is to 1.5
***NEW in v1.5***

Changed the SU apk. back from beta
Changed Default wallpaper thanks to || Acer ||
Added New Boot ani - thanks to || Acer || and wannabesean
Added New Logs Provider - thanks ....
Removed Term .apks
Added Calender to FF
Edited System sounds again =]
Changed stock font
Edited updater script to back up your data
Changed the dialertab.apk
Edited Build.prop
Maybe more!!

INCLUDES::::

Security Patch
Stock theme
Hotspot Hack
New market apk
Widget Grouping
Pre Rooted
Ram tweaks
Sdcard speed boost
RFS system
Journaling ON by default
No Batter fully charged Pop Up MOD - amosher13
Call Log Mod - Mammon88 and Randy_T
Go Launcher & notifications
Ad blocking
Volume Hack - thanks to the Viperteam
Slimmed the ROM down to 130 mb
FatFree version 96mb
Removed most Samsung and Sprint Bloat.
Edited build prop
Increased wifi scan time to 5 mins

BUGS & TODO LIST:::::

Add overscroll
Add lock mod
Add battery mod
Still a lot more to do..
Notice that the cleanup script that erased all user information has had a backup mode added so user pref's and programs should be saved and installed. Also they made a fat-free version in 1.4 so lots of the extra stuff was taken out (including a boot up animation). Most users are not seeing random reboots but some still say they have them ( I have been using 1.4 for 48 hours now and not had one reboot or FC yet , I could not say that with 1.3 ) . And battery life is good, I have a 3500mA battery and it seems to last around 24 hours before I have to charge.

Sorry if I missed anything good from that 40+ pages I read over at XDA but I figured leaving it all in one post would help those thinking of trying this new rom.

jakob777

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I cant tell a difference on it.
P.S. The update ability worked great. I just backed up and installed over 1.4, no factory reset or wiping of anything.

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Switched to the 1.6 fat free, and love it! I think this is the smoothest my epic has been since i got it. Hopefully it continues, we'll see!

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
For anyone using Hurricane 1.6, are u able to use ur 4G? For some reason my 4G connects and stays idle the whole time. When u open the browser or use any other application that requires internet the conection never comes out of idle.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
any recent reports re: 1.6 stability? And which modem is working for you?

Ted,

I tried EC05, EE03, EF02, EG22, EH06, and EH17. Tried each for a day of typical use. For me, that is probably half of the day idle (just getting push email and polls); light email use, light browsing; moderate texting and moderate phone use.

Reception has been the best with EG22. Longevity the best with EG22.

I started with an Odin modem flash of EH17 and a fresh install of Hurricane 1.6. Then I flashed all those modems in backward fashion. Had the worse with EH06 and EH17...for me anyway.

EG22 has been the best to my phone.

The ROM has been very stable.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For anyone using Hurricane 1.6, are u able to use ur 4G? For some reason my 4G connects and stays idle the whole time. When u open the browser or use any other application that requires internet the conection never comes out of idle.

I've been using 4G occasionally. Seems to take a while.

Was able to tether with wifi tether 3.1 beta 6 too.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
EG22 has been the best to my phone.

The ROM has been very stable.

Yes, this is what I have been hearing also any particular ROM? stock? custom? With scrambled eggs I sometimes get screen lockups and sometimes have to reboot to get 3G, 4G or GPS to run. They sometimes just shut down on their own...

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is what I have been hearing also any particular ROM? stock? custom? With scrambled eggs I sometimes get screen lockups and sometimes have to reboot to get 3G, 4G or GPS to run. They sometimes just shut down on their own...

You know, I got a random reboot earlier this evening. I don't know for sure why, but I did set the phone down next to the exhaust of my laptop, and my laptop was rendering some video and the exhaust was very hot.

Anyway, I've tried EG22 with RandomRom 2.3.4 and SFR 1.1.1. I stopped using RR 2.3.4 because LauncheroPro Plus constantly crashed and I got a few more FCs than I like. It seemed to occur with EH06 and EH17 modems; I think it was the ROM and my phone. Tried wiping x3 and reinstalling a bunch of times. Haven't tried EG22 with anything else. Maybe I'll try it with ACE 2.0 if Hurricane starts acting up.

Paul? Well, I guess you're done with the Epic for now...did you ever try ACE 2.0 with EG22?

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was using my GPS with Google Maps today and had no problems with the GPS locking up. I think I might give Hurrican 1.6 a little more time. Also after a reflash my 4G works.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Had 4 random reboots this AM.

This is really starting to irk me. Thankfully I have nandroid backups of different ROMS at my disposal for quick restoring. Nevertheless, this whole software issue is nonsense.

Maybe I'll just Odin back to stock.