SD vs SDHC

bradleypariah

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I've seen similar threads, but not pertaining to the Samsung Epic 4G in particular.

I want to upgrade to a 32GB card, and it seems micro SDHC cards are far less expensive than micro SD cards.

Does anyone know if micro SDHC cards are supported?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen similar threads, but not pertaining to the Samsung Epic 4G in particular.

I want to upgrade to a 32GB card, and it seems micro SDHC cards are far less expensive than micro SD cards.

Does anyone know if micro SDHC cards are supported?

Here is an interesting article I found explaining the difference between SD ( Secure data ) and SDHC (Secure Data High Capacity) cards.

http://www.kingston.com/flash/pdf_files/MKF_1127_SDHC_Topic_Paper.pdf

Next question.... Does the Epic 4g support the use of SDHC, I'm not entirely sure and is probably a good thing to question Samsung on directly unless someone else has tried. Hate to see you spend the money, open the package to find out its not supported and then they don't want to except the return item in exchange for the regular sd card. After reading the above article it mentions the SDHC card is only for devices supporting a new 2.0 standard of reader and they aren't backwards compatible with older devices that don't support the SDA 2.0 (Secure Data Association) standards.

Unless you find a solid answer I would recommend using a normal micro sd with a high class rate (higher the class the better the transfer speeds/rate).
[WARN]
Edit: I have seen both mentioned, micro sd card support and SDHC support for the Epic 4g on different sites but at Samsung's site I see no mention of SDHC card support so do be careful who you believe...[/WARN]

Reactions: bradleypariah

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital