Change Radio Power Level

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to get info on how to change the radio transmit power increasing my signal strength... I called sprint and they had no info what so ever... I am wanting to make an app that can change this just like you can with over clocking is this a pipe dream? or can some one do this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly there was a thread over at XDA, someone had a method using the dialer input codes to change something to do with the radio or something...

Search around over there and see what you can find.. It would probably be under the development or general section for the Epic.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly there was a thread over at XDA, someone had a method using the dialer input codes to change something to do with the radio or something...

Search around over there and see what you can find.. It would probably be under the development or general section for the Epic.

Thanks Paul I looked found something kinda close but not the same as a was looking for I will cont. My search...

saramon

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Dial ##3282#
It will open a menu, click WiMAX and enter MSL. Note: 4G radio must be on.
Go to extensions and Hold EntryRX and Write Extension
Change the Value to -110 (The Lower the weaker the signal can be for the phone to connect.
Change EntryCINR to 0004

Note this might not work if you are using a custom ROM, and most custom roms have this built in already