Verizon PRL on my epic? is this possible?

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
anyone know how to use verizon PRL on an epic, i would like to try and get out of my contract without paying an ETF, and i hear this is a good way to get it done. Plus i will be able to use verizon's 3g during the time.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean by this is where it works? it only works in the cities listed on that link?

I think because of roaming agreements, the PRL will work on VZW but only where these exist. I know XDA has some info on this, but I haven't read much about it. Good luck. Report back if you have success, or anyone for that matter.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can also use an app called "roam control". it's a couple $ in the market. It is pretty simple. You can lock your phone to sprint, OR to roaming. I use it at work since we have VZW repeaters in most of operating floor areas. But knowing that you can lock to roaming, it will do kinda what you want to do. Not that anyone here will encourage it's use as a way to bypass the ETF. Word of caution. Sprint would be under no obligation to release your contract if they find out you're using it (such as making calls on roaming where Sprint service is decent enough to be used.) I had gotten the termination letter a few years back when I lived where there was absolutely no coverage for a mile or two in any direction, and roamed onto a local VZW tower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech