Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 186
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #51  
    Since9600's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted Stock

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    I have tried running this for a day... It's almost there but def cannot be a daily for me. WiFi seems "really weak" and in areas of my home where I had one 'bar' I have none... "The Squeal" can replace waterboarding lol. The camera is sloooow and featureless compared to the Samsung camera app (milliseconds count to me).. 4G although I rarely use it.. I love using it when I have to show someone something or when I want to download/view something. Lastly, I tried looking past all that, but for some reason, I could not restore data with CWM and when I rebooted the loading screen was stuck in a loop going from the circle arrow to the skateboard and back again forever.. Gonna Nandroid back to the good ol now... Till the next updates !!
  2. #52  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by mike340t View Post
    I have tried running this for a day... It's almost there but def cannot be a daily for me. WiFi seems "really weak" and in areas of my home where I had one 'bar' I have none... "The Squeal" can replace waterboarding lol. The camera is sloooow and featureless compared to the Samsung camera app (milliseconds count to me).. 4G although I rarely use it.. I love using it when I have to show someone something or when I want to download/view something. Lastly, I tried looking past all that, but for some reason, I could not restore data with CWM and when I rebooted the loading screen was stuck in a loop going from the circle arrow to the skateboard and back again forever.. Gonna Nandroid back to the good ol now... Till the next updates !!
    Some people get boot loops when they come from an EXT4 ROM (even sometimes from some RFS ROMs). There is a file you download (gotorfs.zip). You have to flash that before you flash the actual ROM to make the ROM to actually boot. Also, about the squeal, people were able to fix that by downloading a libaudio.so file.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Mike, you never want to restore data when switching filesystems. That is a receipe for disaster normally.
  4. #54  
    Since9600's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted Stock

    Default

    Paul627g & Officerpolabear: Thanks for the tips. Would I still need to convert even if I never used another rom or ext4? I have always just ran stock with things changed and removed myself. Would just backing up and restoring with Titanium work better?


    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  5. #55  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Does anyone else have problems with the voice-activated features? I can't get my voice dialer and my voice-activated search to work. I wonder if this is related to the microphone-speaker feedback issue.

    Also, is there an apk out there with the standard voicemail application? (Actually, don't know if that is a Samsung/Touchwiz thing...nevertheless.)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with the voice-activated features? I can't get my voice dialer and my voice-activated search to work. I wonder if this is related to the microphone-speaker feedback issue.

    Also, is there an apk out there with the standard voicemail application? (Actually, don't know if that is a Samsung/Touchwiz thing...nevertheless.)
    Commenting on the voicemail app, that is a Sammy feature. People having been searching high and low and waiting for such a replacement on AOSP/Nexus S 4g for such an application. Most people have hooked up with Google Voice to replace the loss of Visual Voicemail that came over from the Epic 4g to the NS4G.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by mike340t View Post
    Paul627g & Officerpolabear: Thanks for the tips. Would I still need to convert even if I never used another rom or ext4? I have always just ran stock with things changed and removed myself. Would just backing up and restoring with Titanium work better?


    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    If your coming from stock Froyo or stock Froyo rooted then you will be fine to flash without running the conversion script. The only reason you would have to run the conversion script is if your device has been previously converted to EXT 4 filesystem.
  8. #58  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    My phone does not ring. Has anyone figured out how to get it to do so?
  9. #59  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    The libaudio.so you replace will correct the ringer problem with the 10/11/11 release of CM7. You can download the file here.

    You'll have to extract the libaudio.so from the libaudio.zip file; it's not flashable. Extract it to some obvious place on your SD card, e.g., /sdcard/download. Be careful, because the next steps require you to change permissions...

    1. Basically, open up a terminal emulator. Make sure you have root access by typing "su".

    2. type: "chmod a+wrx /sdcard/download/libaudio.so" (no quotes) then hit return.

    3. Type: "chmod a+wrx /system/lib/libaudio.so" Hit return.

    4. Type "cp /sdcard/download/libaudio.so /system/lib" Hit return.

    Should do the trick. Then reboot. This is commonly felt to correct the microphone squealing issue, but I don't think it does. It just fixes the ringer problem AFAIK.
    It worked!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    @ Ted.... This stuff isn't so difficult after all is it??? Actually fun and rewarding when you do these things..
  11. #61  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    It worked!!
    Yup, but keep in mind if it starts to make the whistle again, all you gotta do is manually reboot the phone and it fixes it again.
    Devtodi likes this.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    My phone does not ring. Has anyone figured out how to get it to do so?
    Did you try the 10/15 update? that fixed the phone ringing issue, but caused some people to have wifi connectivity issues.
  13. #63  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by therber219 View Post
    Did you try the 10/15 update? that fixed the phone ringing issue, but caused some people to have wifi connectivity issues.
    The 10/15 update is the only one I have installed and I flashed it fresh from stock EC05. I was having connectivity issues before I updated libaudio.so, now the phone rings and I still have wifi connectivity issues.

    Whats with ClockworkMod Recovery. I understand that if I have it installed, I can get the nightly updates from CM7 but I am not steered to the correct version. I don't want to install the version for the i9000 but that is what ROM manager is telling me to do. Anyone know what to do?
  14. #64  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    Yup, but keep in mind if it starts to make the whistle again, all you gotta do is manually reboot the phone and it fixes it again.
    Thanks OPB!
  15. #65  
    BIG CEEZEEWEZZIE's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Carrier
    CM 7 BABY!!!

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    enjoying the CM7 experience on my epic but what's the deal with the no 4g???
  16. #66  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG CEEZEEWEZZIE View Post
    enjoying the CM7 experience on my epic but what's the deal with the no 4g???
    Devs are having trouble getting 4G to work on CM. It will come in time.
  17. #67  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    The 10/15 update is the only one I have installed and I flashed it fresh from stock EC05. I was having connectivity issues before I updated libaudio.so, now the phone rings and I still have wifi connectivity issues.

    Whats with ClockworkMod Recovery. I understand that if I have it installed, I can get the nightly updates from CM7 but I am not steered to the correct version. I don't want to install the version for the i9000 but that is what ROM manager is telling me to do. Anyone know what to do?
    ROM manager doesn't work for the Epic so you should stay away from it. I think the reason why it's on the ROM even though it doesn't work is because ROM manager is included in CM by default.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG CEEZEEWEZZIE View Post
    enjoying the CM7 experience on my epic but what's the deal with the no 4g???
    4g has been a hang up since day one when they started attempting CM7 on the Epic. Has a lot to do with getting their hands on source code I believe...

    So if I'm correct once GB does get released it should help much of the missing blocks falls into place.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    So far, this is Fantastic! Since there is no 4g anywhere near me, that is a non issue for me. I love having the ability to switch themes so easily.
  20. #70  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    ROM manager doesn't work for the Epic so you should stay away from it. I think the reason why it's on the ROM even though it doesn't work is because ROM manager is included in CM by default.
    Should I delete it?
  21. #71  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    Should I delete it?
    Since, it isn't running in the background, it doesn't matter if you delete or not.
  22. #72  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    Since, it isn't running in the background, it doesn't matter if you delete or not.
    Is it something that I might need down the road?
  23. #73  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    Is it something that I might need down the road?
    No, really, all ROM manager is, is just a way of doing things quicker in terms of the rooting/hacking world. So pretty much, you're not missing out on anything.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    Not to mention ROM Manager does a good job of messing things up every now and then. Even on a device like the Nexus S 4g that has good support from ROM Manager still has problems from time to time messing up the recovery when flashing an update...
    Devtodi likes this.
  25. #75  
    Devtodi's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 alpha 1

    Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

    I guess I have my answer. Please note guys, you must delete it through the Market. That is the only way.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions