[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
If I flash the latest 10/22 over the latest 10/22 without doing the 3x wipes will I break anything? I can't get wifi to connect to my router though it stays turned on and even sees all the neighbors broadcast wifi. Mine is not broadcast. Even when I'm right next to the router it says not in range in the list. So it never connects no matter how many times I turn wifi off and back on.

re-Odin your EH17 modem.

Reactions: StoneRyno

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If I flash the latest 10/22 over the latest 10/22 without doing the 3x wipes will I break anything? I can't get wifi to connect to my router though it stays turned on and even sees all the neighbors broadcast wifi. Mine is not broadcast. Even when I'm right next to the router it says not in range in the list. So it never connects no matter how many times I turn wifi off and back on.

When you say yours is not broadcast, do you mean you have your ssid on your router hidden? If so did you try changing that setting so the phone can see it? I know with mine, I had to manually add my network because i don't broadcast my ssid in order for my wifi to connect.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Try re odin first

Reflashing didn't work so I tried flashing EC05 but even though odin passed the same thing is happening wifi sees my router as not in range. It worked before switching to CM so it may be something else. I have a backup of SFR 1.2 and can flash EH17 modem on it and see if wifi is working properly. If it is then I assume it is something beyond the modem driver?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Reflashing didn't work so I tried flashing EC05 but even though odin passed the same thing is happening wifi sees my router as not in range. It worked before switching to CM so it may be something else. I have a backup of SFR 1.2 and can flash EH17 modem on it and see if wifi is working properly. If it is then I assume it is something beyond the modem driver?

The modem doesn't help/improve your wifi signal, only improves your signal with the cell towers for Sprint.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure I sort of figured it was for all the radios. So I guess it's back to the beginning to figure out why it thinks I'm out of range. I get strong signal throughout my house. Moderate signal in the street in front of my house (maybe 50 feet away). And weak signal at my neighbors driveway (I'm guessing at least 150 feet). All my other wireless devices are connecting fine with the possible range mentioned though I have no real reason to need to use my wifi by the neighbors driveway :) and my epic has always been able to use wifi that far as well. Switches over to sprint data when I pass their driveway when driving.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I would wipe and reflash CM7.

I flashed CM7 yesterday and after the first flash I had no wifi at all. After reflashing I found that I needed to manually enter the SSID even though it is not hidden. WiFi has been working fine ever since.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
What a great ROM, flashed yesterday, simple, no glitches, wifi and bluetooth gave me a little speed bump and since then smooth sailing, very impressive, thanks!

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed it several times, twice 3x wipe method and once flashing over itself without 3x wipe. wifi has worked fine each time except for it saying my router is not in range. I'm not broadcasting my SSID for obvious security reasons and it is WPA and WPA2 security set. Is there anyone setup like this successfully able to connect to their router? Someone else reported the not in range issue in the developer thread but there have been no replies to it. So that makes two of us with the same unresolved issue as I've not seen a post saying that person got it working and how. Which if he/she had got it working it would be nice to provide the solution. Which is why I assume that it's not the case.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Stone, have you turned on your ssid broadcasting even for a few minutes just to see if that was the issue?

At least then you have it isolated down to that.

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed it several times, twice 3x wipe method and once flashing over itself without 3x wipe. wifi has worked fine each time except for it saying my router is not in range. I'm not broadcasting my SSID for obvious security reasons and it is WPA and WPA2 security set. Is there anyone setup like this successfully able to connect to their router? Someone else reported the not in range issue in the developer thread but there have been no replies to it. So that makes two of us with the same unresolved issue as I've not seen a post saying that person got it working and how. Which if he/she had got it working it would be nice to provide the solution. Which is why I assume that it's not the case.

What type of router are you using? the easiest way to find out if the problem is the phone or the router settings is to breifly broadcast your ssid, and remove your security settings. This will tell you where the problem is.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I forget the simple stuff, it connected when I changed to broadcasting SSID.If I stop broadcasting and wifi turns off and on again it won't connect again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem too at one point back on my Epic days.... I think I ended up having to leave my SSID broadcasting on and then just make sure I had whatever security measures available to me active.

I always enable the MAC address feature this way I know only the computers in my house and the wife's phone and mine are authorized via MAC address on top of normal security.

Personally my thoughts are with the vast amount of wireless signals available in residential neighborhoods, cities, apartment buildings or whatever anyone who's knowledgeable to breaking into a secured network is going to look for the easiest or open network to play with before they mess with one that has multiple security. I know just on street alone I'm alerted to probably half a dozen or more of my neighbors networks but only 1 or 2 are unsecured.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
A few things I am noticing that I thought I would mention here since if you post in the dev forum, they yell at you.

I hear a clicking sound and some glitchy sounds when listening to music, just enough to be slightly annoying.

Battery life is fluctuating.

I found that my Quadrant standard benchmarks have declined. I was getting 2090, 2095 and now I am hovering at high 1700s low 1800s. I do not have my phone loaded with a lot of crap and my running services are minimal: Swiftkey, DSP, FB, Market and Google services, using 117 ram. What is slowing me down?

Rotation lag is horrendous, I get to 3-1000 when counting.

NO problems with wifi or gps and less than one random reboot a day. i am seeing a few more FC's with 1022 but each app will start fine on the second try..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could have some memory leak issues or other things going on that just aren't patched up yet....

Thats the fun of CM builds... Especially the nightlies, you never know what is next around the corner...

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Could have some memory leak issues or other things going on that just aren't patched up yet....

Thats the fun of CM builds... Especially the nightlies, you never know what is next around the corner...

yes, except its not an official CM build yet, there are no nightlies. Still an alpha and we haven't had an update since 1022. Should be something right around the corner...I have faith!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
yes, except its not an official CM build yet, there are no nightlies. Still an alpha and we haven't had an update since 1022. Should be something right around the corner...I have faith!
You got me there on two things... Yes I'm sure something will pop soon... Decad3nce normally won't throw anything out unless he's sure it works good or is worthy of an update.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem too at one point back on my Epic days.... I think I ended up having to leave my SSID broadcasting on and then just make sure I had whatever security measures available to me active.

I always enable the MAC address feature this way I know only the computers in my house and the wife's phone and mine are authorized via MAC address on top of normal security.

I'm not keen on that MAC filtering is good cover for broadcasting but it was too much of a pain in the butt. I had more connectivity issues using it than with not broadcasting and appearing not in range. Oddly the initial release version or webOS 3.x had this same issue I'm having on CM. They fixed it with an update. So I'm guessing it's a bug in the ROM. Perhaps I should make a bug report for it?

I hear a clicking sound and some glitchy sounds when listening to music, just enough to be slightly annoying.

Could this be distortion caused by sound tweaks like EQ and amplification adjustments?

Battery life is fluctuating.

I found that my Quadrant standard benchmarks have declined. I was getting 2090, 2095 and now I am hovering at high 1700s low 1800s. I do not have my phone loaded with a lot of crap and my running services are minimal: Swiftkey, DSP, FB, Market and Google services, using 117 ram. What is slowing me down?

Most likely these are both related to the same issue(s). Some stuff may not be closing cleanly leaving parts running and clogging memory. Extra device activity (CPU, radios, etc) and memory leaks will making it laggy and also work harder draining the battery more than normal at times.

Rotation lag is horrendous, I get to 3-1000 when counting.

From reading the developer thread it appears there is a designed 1 second delay to prevent accidental roation due to how some people may hold their device. With the above issue you describe with performance issue that may very well be causing lag on top of the built in 1 second delay. Personally I am not experiencing any rotation lag. I however did have rotation problems on SFR 1.2 I practically had to shake mine every time I rotated to get it to realize it was being rotated.

NO problems with wifi or gps and less than one random reboot a day. i am seeing a few more FC's with 1022 but each app will start fine on the second try..

I'm only getting FCs when I try and do too much and get a lag spike so to speak. I have the option to FC or wait and if I click wait in a few seconds after doing so all is normal again. Perhaps a glitch/bug in a RAM management routine?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes it probably couldn't hurt to at least mention it over in the CM thread concerning the connectivity issues with non SSID broadcasting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish