Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree5Likes

ROM
    SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2

Default Re: [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    Understandable.

I must say on the other side of things, I'm getting some of the best 3G speeds I've experienced on my Epic with this rom.

Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk
    I've seen the exact same thing, and I love it!

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by CptDanger88 View Post
    First off, I just want to say how much I love this ROM, and how it's made me love my phone again. I was on the verge of paying the upgrade fee to get the E4GTSGS2, then I saw this. I've noticed only a few bugs, but like someone mentioned, they are small enough to not get in the way of my everyday use.

Obviously, no 4g. However, I only use my 4g when my 3g is being unreliable, which isn't often, so I don't even notice it's missing.
    Again, it's already been mentioned, but I couldn't record a video earlier. I guess that's fixed with the next update, which I have a question about, but we'll get to that later.
    No charging LED, but it's not a big deal, since I charge it while I sleep anyways, so one less light is kinda a blessing in disguise.
    One of the more annoying glitches, it seems like when I send a text message that's longer than 2 messages long, my message flips out, and sends something no readable by anyone. (Check Screenshot)
    Someone mentioned a "call dropped" popup after ending a call. Felt like noting that that happened to me once, I think on the first phone call I made. Hasn't done it since though

Otherwise, no issues with Wifi, 3G, or anything really.

My question about upgrading to 12/21. I don't flash new ROMs often, so I was wondering the best method is to backing up all of the stuff that I usually have to do over and over again. I hear that Titanium Backup is preferred, but how exactly do I use it?
    If you're already on an MTD version of this ROM (anything after the 12/14 version, I believe), it shouldn't wipe your data when upgrading to 12/21 or 12/23, which was just released (I'd hold off on that one though, cause it seems to have a few unverified problems). Of course, you should probably back up your data to be safe, cause even non-wiping updates aren't 100%. You could either do a Nandroid backup, or use Titanium backup or Mybackup root. If you're not very familiar with the process, I'd recommend MyBackup root cause it's a lot easier to use, but if you're more advanced, Titanium's the way to go cause it gives you more options, etc...

The messaging issue you have is a known issue. Most people get around it by using GoSMS from the market, or there's an option in the stock messaging app that says split long messages or something similar that is supposed to fix it.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

And, we're finally OFFICIAL!!! w00t w00t.

Congrats and huge props to the devs who worked so hard to make this possible.

Global Posts
    3,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

RC0 update now out as well. With a new thread for it over at XDA.

After installing CM7, I tried to use Clockwork recovery to install the google apps. It froze about 15% through unpacking (screen shows a box with an arrow coming out, with an android standing next to it). Now anytime I try to do anything in clockwork recovery it returns to this screen at 15%. Tried reflashing recovery, installing other roms, selecting reboot to recovery, but always goes back to the same screen. Any suggestions what to do next?

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by fviewer View Post
    After installing CM7, I tried to use Clockwork recovery to install the google apps. It froze about 15% through unpacking (screen shows a box with an arrow coming out, with an android standing next to it). Now anytime I try to do anything in clockwork recovery it returns to this screen at 15%. Tried reflashing recovery, installing other roms, selecting reboot to recovery, but always goes back to the same screen. Any suggestions what to do next?
    Hey, don't use this Cyanogenmod ROM anymore, use the 7.2.0 RC ROM that is on the front page of this forum.
    The Officer

Oh ok, thanks Mr. Polar Bear, didn't see that one. I'm still stuck on this problem so I can't make the switch though...I guess I'll move it to the other thread.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Oh ok, thanks Mr. Polar Bear, didn't see that one. I'm still stuck on this problem so I can't make the switch though...I guess I'll move it to the other thread.
    Is it possible that since there was an error with CWM, that it glitches back to the stock recovery. Nonetheless, you should use Odin to get back to stock (or another rooted ROM for your convenience) but keep in mind when you use Odin, it will wipe all of your data except for the data on your SD card. [How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)
    The Officer

It still goes to clockwork, but it's stuck in the clockwork unpacking process as far as I can tell. No way to get back to the clockwork menu. So basically just a CM7 phone with no additional apps on it at the moment since I don't have market. But alright, I guess I'll take that route since I don't have anything to lose at the moment. Appreciate the late night assistance

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

It still goes to clockwork, but it's stuck in the clockwork unpacking process as far as I can tell. No way to get back to the clockwork menu. So basically just a CM7 phone with no additional apps on it at the moment since I don't have market. But alright, I guess I'll take that route since I don't have anything to lose at the moment. Appreciate the late night assistance
    No problem, always here to help
    The Officer

For those having issues with ROM manager you have to choose flash recovery, Epic 4g mtd, 3.x.x.x or three finger boot to recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678