[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you try the 10/15 update? that fixed the phone ringing issue, but caused some people to have wifi connectivity issues.

The 10/15 update is the only one I have installed and I flashed it fresh from stock EC05. I was having connectivity issues before I updated libaudio.so, now the phone rings and I still have wifi connectivity issues.

Whats with ClockworkMod Recovery. I understand that if I have it installed, I can get the nightly updates from CM7 but I am not steered to the correct version. I don't want to install the version for the i9000 but that is what ROM manager is telling me to do. Anyone know what to do?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The 10/15 update is the only one I have installed and I flashed it fresh from stock EC05. I was having connectivity issues before I updated libaudio.so, now the phone rings and I still have wifi connectivity issues.

Whats with ClockworkMod Recovery. I understand that if I have it installed, I can get the nightly updates from CM7 but I am not steered to the correct version. I don't want to install the version for the i9000 but that is what ROM manager is telling me to do. Anyone know what to do?

ROM manager doesn't work for the Epic so you should stay away from it. I think the reason why it's on the ROM even though it doesn't work is because ROM manager is included in CM by default.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
enjoying the CM7 experience on my epic but what's the deal with the no 4g???

4g has been a hang up since day one when they started attempting CM7 on the Epic. Has a lot to do with getting their hands on source code I believe...

So if I'm correct once GB does get released it should help much of the missing blocks falls into place.

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So far, this is Fantastic! Since there is no 4g anywhere near me, that is a non issue for me. I love having the ability to switch themes so easily.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention ROM Manager does a good job of messing things up every now and then. Even on a device like the Nexus S 4g that has good support from ROM Manager still has problems from time to time messing up the recovery when flashing an update...

Reactions: Devtodi

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess I have my answer. Please note guys, you must delete it through the Market. That is the only way.

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager is sort of hit or miss I guess. I've seen my cousin use it and he can switch between ROMs and restore within a matter of minutes on his Evo.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain the benefit of flashing the 10/15 update? It sounds complicated and it seems like you lose more than you gain.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain the benefit of flashing the 10/15 update? It sounds complicated and it seems like you lose more than you gain.

I wouldn't if I were you. Really, the only gain is that the whistling noise is fixed but you lose wifi. So stick with the 10/11 update and just use that libaudio.so file!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay a bit random, but when you reboot from the power menu, when you reboot and select to reboot to recovery, it puts the phone in a boot loop. I was freaking out for a bit since I hate to restore all my data/apps and then I just went into CWM manually and it fixed it :) Cool story huh? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge