1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock FF18

Default HELP! Bricked Phone, SD Card won't show up on computer!

Ok Guys, I screwed up bad.
    So while attempting to download SyndicateRom Frozen 1.2, I guess I forgot to download a kernel as well. Now, my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo at startup, and even worse, the SD Card is not recognized in my computer. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I know what I did was idiotic, but I could really use some help. I'm done for if I can't get this phone working again.

Default Re: HELP! Bricked Phone, SD Card won't show up on computer!

Quote Originally Posted by TouchWizard View Post
    Ok Guys, I screwed up bad.
    So while attempting to download SyndicateRom Frozen 1.2, I guess I forgot to download a kernel as well. Now, my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo at startup, and even worse, the SD Card is not recognized in my computer. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I know what I did was idiotic, but I could really use some help. I'm done for if I can't get this phone working again.
    Which version of CWM are you running? If its 3.0.2.5 or higher you should be able to boot into CWM and go to Mounts and Storage and select Mount SDCARD. Then hopefully your computer recognizes the device while connected via USB and you can transfer a kernel onto your sdcard to flash and get you out of this problem. Unfortunately SRF 1.2 didn't come with a kernel and I know its stated on the thread that it doesn't have a kernel and needs one to flash properly... If you made a Nandroid Backup as you should before flashing you could use that to restore back to your previous setup...

Otherwise you will have to grab Odin and flash it back to stock and root again if you can't get it to recognize or get the sdcard read on your computer with a card reader or other means to place a kernel on it to flash in CWM. Odin and either Froyo EC05 or EB13 from the link below (just incase)

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock FF18

OK- so I think I "flashed" Twilight Zone 1.1.1, but now the phone is stuck on the "S" of the Galaxy S screen, and the word "android" (like if you were booting it up stock) randomly flickers. should I reinstall Syndicate or something? Help!

EDIT: when I try to put Syndicate Rom back on the phone, it stays on "backing up data"...this probably has something to do with the numerous times I've had to forcefully shut down the phone while in CWM, will try redownloading Syndicate and putting back on phone.

EDIT 2: Ok, so I think I can flash back to RFS using CWM, but is there any way to obtain a completely stock EC05 ROM?

EDIT 3: Got Syndicate ROM working; but 3G wouldn't work and none of my contacts were there (although my apps were...?). I tried to reboot the phone, and it got caught up at the samsung screen again. Im now attempting to reflash Syndicate and twilight Zone.

EDIT 4: Ok, so I'm pretty happy with Syndicate ROM thus far. A few issues:
    1. Wifi and 3G don't work for some odd reason
    2. Apps on My SD Card don't appear in the App Drawer, although they do appear when I go to settings. Does this have to do with the backup I have? Because I have a copy on my desktop, could I restore from that?
    3. CWM is not installed. This one's a biggie.
    Last edited by TouchWizard; 10-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Sounds like things are getting very goofed up. I'm seeing Odin in your future with a factory restore as your best option. I know its not something some like to here but with all the things your listing like loss of 3g and not CWM.... There's a lot going wrong there...

I would do the Odin route, give the device a clean slate and start over.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Sounds like things are getting very goofed up. I'm seeing Odin in your future with a factory restore as your best option. I know its not something some like to here but with all the things your listing like loss of 3g and not CWM.... There's a lot going wrong there...

I would do the Odin route, give the device a clean slate and start over.
    Dude, do what the man says. Wipe and start over. Dirty installs are not a good thing, ever.
    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't after you.