Best GB rom?

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Now that the source code is out, I am wondering if any really stable, fully functional ROMs are out there. It seems that the only stable GB rom is CM7 and its not fully functional, all the others suffer from FCs and resets. Make me a liar. Please. What's out there?

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Really there aren't any BEST roms. It's just try and see what works best for you. Some people might have a rom that they say is wonderful, and then you get it and get FC's, or something doesn't work, or random reboots. I am loving MIUI. Like CM7, have to toggle wifi on a few times, and download Moboplayer, or some equivalent, for movies, but all in all it's wonderful, and very customizable, which is making me very happy. I change themes about 5 times a day, because I'm at work with nothing to do.

It's just trial and error. Try MIUI, CM7, RandomRom Thunderhawk, and there was a red era eho6 one that was pretty nice, too. I think a lot of the roms with the lockscreen mod tend to do like a soft reboot. It'll be on lockscreen, go black, and then pop up like it was just turned on. At least for me it does it.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
currently using CM7 but original release is only version my phone likes. 1022 causes problems. Is anything as stable as CM7?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You can check out Bonsai. The latest release is on EH06. It's been really kind to me not giving me any issues all this time I've been on it. :)

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Have enjoyed EH06 (odin stock version) to the extent that it is very snappy and I experienced few reboots (don't know how the reboot issue compares to other GB roms), a fun straightahead ROM........however, recently, have been testing out Simply AOSP 4.0 (a non-GB rom) and have found it to be more stable overall (no reboots, no issues) but way more minimal than GB, so this is really a tradeoff. Feels as though a breakthrough GB ROM would be in the offing right about now, given, as you said, source code is out.

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Dude, just try ACS ICS v2. That's what I'm running right now and is very stable. Plus it's based off EI22. I'd say forget about everything else and run ROMs that are based off EI22, as this is the official Ginderbread for the Epic.

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had great experience with RandomRom's EH17 Thunderhawk 2.0 (GB Based). He has also put up an early EI22 Thunderhawk build on XDA, which I've been pleased with thus far. GPS Lock, no CIQ, and a few other goodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa