Samsung Epic 4G LogsProvider Error

alproteau

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Good day All!!
My Epic started acting up yesterday with a LogsProvider error message
" The application LogsProvider (processcom.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
It has disabled my phone. I pulled the battery out and rebooted the phone several times and that didnt help. This morning I turned it on and now it keeps rebooting itself and I do get the same error message. I pulled the sd card and it has stopped rebooting still the same message. Phone is rooted with Bonsai. I need some help please. This phone is my lifeline to my business.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like something went wrong with your Bonsai ROM for whatever reason... Might not even be of your own doing, ROMs just got nuts on occasion without warning...

Few options.

1. Boot into CWM/Bonsai recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache and flash the ROM again. This will certainly take care of the problem. Starting from scratch.

2. Boot into CWM/Bonsai recovery and just wipe cache/dalvik (NOT DATA) and reboot and see if it will boot up and if the problem is resolved. If it does boot, you can get to your Settings/Apps/Manage Apps, look for logs provider (this is connected to you call list/phone) and clear data/cache on it.

One of those two suggestions will resolve your problem... #1 will work for sure, #2 is worth a shot before doing #1.

Reactions: alproteau

alproteau

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul!!! I was wanting to install a new rom, so I guess this is my chance. Unfortunately I am going to have to have someone do it for me. I am smart but not tech smart when it comes to these phones. Thanks again!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Paul!!! I was wanting to install a new rom, so I guess this is my chance. Unfortunately I am going to have to have someone do it for me. I am smart but not tech smart when it comes to these phones. Thanks again!!

Well I can help you out if you like...

Seeing how your already rooted, the hard part is over... Now its just a matter of picking out a ROM, placing it on your sdcard and flashing it in ClockWorkMod (CWM).

Hit me up if your interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles