[INDEX] EI22 Gingerbread ROMs/Themes/Kernels & Mods List

mobags

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the latest version of the ROM Legendary and I really like it. My fisrt time installing a ROM. I have a question I know someone can answer. If you have a ROM loaded and want to install another theme, will it or not change the ROM? I'm guessing it would just change the theme, but correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the latest version of the ROM Legendary and I really like it. My fisrt time installing a ROM. I have a question I know someone can answer. If you have a ROM loaded and want to install another theme, will it or not change the ROM? I'm guessing it would just change the theme, but correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!
A theme will just change the appearance of the ROM your running. To return to the stock appearance of the original ROM either make a Nandroid Backup before flashing the theme and you can restore that backup or just reflash the ROM.

mobags

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
A theme will just change the appearance of the ROM your running. To return to the stock appearance of the original ROM either make a Nandroid Backup before flashing the theme and you can restore that backup or just reflash the ROM.

Thanks abunch. I figured but wanted to be sure before I do!

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Thank you!

A theme can also break certain things in the rom such as lock mods and reboot menus also so always make sure if you have those things in the rom they are also in the theme your going to flash also

eleventy4

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!! :D I'm still pretty new to the scene and apparently the Epic 4g is a tough phone to have, as not a whole lot of devs support it. This page is a godsend. A million times thank you

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!! :D I'm still pretty new to the scene and apparently the Epic 4g is a tough phone to have, as not a whole lot of devs support it. This page is a godsend. A million times thank you

I wouldn't say that devs don't support it the problem is most devs have moved on to newer devices.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the Legendary ROM beta 4.0.1 and it's been great. If I wanted to update to RC1 or wait for the official release, is there some type of download that will just update the changes or do I have to flash the whole new ROM?

If I just flash over 4.0.1, will I have to re-install all my apps again? When I went from rooted GB to Legendary, I wiped everything first, redownloaded all my apps and restored data (Titanium Backup Pro) only but it took hours to do all of that. I was wondering what the quickest method would be. I also have My Backup Pro.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the Legendary ROM beta 4.0.1 and it's been great. If I wanted to update to RC1 or wait for the official release, is there some type of download that will just update the changes or do I have to flash the whole new ROM?

If I just flash over 4.0.1, will I have to re-install all my apps again? When I went from rooted GB to Legendary, I wiped everything first, redownloaded all my apps and restored data (Titanium Backup Pro) only but it took hours to do all of that. I was wondering what the quickest method would be. I also have My Backup Pro.
Normally since your going to update an existing ROM the dev will say you can just flash the new ROM over the top with no wipe.

Occasionally it is required to wipe and reflash the ROM, so that is where Titanium Backup or My Backup Root comes in to save and restore all your apps and data rather quickly.

Best to just follow the devs instructions.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
:: Update ::

Added [ACS][Theme][EI22] Honeycomb Fusion Explosion *Cookies Done!* v2.4

I do recommend you check this out. I really love Shane's work, he's one of the best theme builders on the Epic 4g and really puts some hard work into his themes. I know myself and my partner ZiggSVO who I theme with are friends with him and we all help each other out frequently.

I know Shane has more to offer in themes and you should be seeing more as it becomes available.

I tried to load this theme and it never gets past the samsung logo. It gets there and stops. Waited over 30 minutes the last time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That didn't work... How long should I wait on the samsung boot screen before giving up on the process?

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Took your advice and flashed this and I have to say I am very impressed... its got a great feel to it! I love the way this looks. Very visually stimulating. Thanks for the recommendation!

I second this. This is a very thoroughly done theme and looks very good. I don't feel so let down when I use my Epic after using my Xoom now.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That didn't work... How long should I wait on the samsung boot screen before giving up on the process?

Could be the ROM your running... I would post a comment over at Shane's thread if you can...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Could be the ROM your running... I would post a comment over at Shane's thread if you can...

I can't post over there.... Lol I have registered but can't post... What's the trick to be able to post at DTX forums?

Last edited:

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't post over there.... Lol I have registered but can't post... What's the trick to be able to post at DTX forums?

If your talking about XDA which is where the thread for that theme is then you have to post 10 times other than in the development forum to be able to actually post there... just scroll around general or q & a and post 10 times bout things that interest you and then you will be able to post in development threads.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I must have had a bad download. Downloaded from my phone and couldn't get it to work. I.downloaded from my computer and it worked fine.

That makes me wonder how many people who blame gb update for the problems when the issue was a bad download. Since rooting and loading last week, I have 3 times where the downloads to my phone hasn't worked but all of them worked when I downloaded them from the computer.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just rooted my phone. Could anyone recommend me a good ROM for a first timer at rooting?? I finally took the plunge guys!! I said, "if keithvetter can do it.....DAMN IT....SO CAN I!!!!....lol! Also, do I need to flash a particular ROM in order to have a theme work properly or not?? I'm interesting in honeycomb fusion theme btw! Thanks!