1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Question about Gingerbread update

I am currently running SRF 1.1.1, and I just received a notification to update to Gingerbread on my phone. What is going to happen if I allow the update?

Thanks

Default Re: Question about Gingerbread update

It will fail.

Update using this route...

[Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Thank you Paul! In your opinion, is it worth it? The biggest difference for me between stock 2.2 and SRF was the keyboard lag fix, does the update in the link you provided include that fix or is it pretty much stock 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmist View Post
    Thank you Paul! In your opinion, is it worth it? The biggest difference for me between stock 2.2 and SRF was the keyboard lag fix, does the update in the link you provided include that fix or is it pretty much stock 2.3?
    Yes I believe the lag fix is included in the custom kernel included...

Plus...

Deodexed/noCIQ/Hotspot Fix/Extended Power Menu (reboot/recovery in shutdown)

Otherwise the core OS itself is still stock... Bloat, stock battery meter, no theming, etc... Just some nice mods thrown it to fix the junk left behind by Sammy/Sprint.

FYI, my theme below supports this ROM and it will give you a 1% battery meter mod.

[THEME/MOD][ EI22] Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT
    Paul

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

You're the best. Can't wait to get home from work and try out the ROM with your Theme. Thanks a million

No problem, take your time and make your backups with Titanium/MyBackup Root/SMS Backup & Restore (1 all 3 or none of the above) and you can then restore your data once you get on Gingerbread.
    Paul

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Is there any good way to disable this update nag message? I'm getting the same thing running SFR 1.2 and don't have any interest in updating to the latest stock release.

Not that I'm currently aware of.. I have a thought about this and will bounce it off some of the devs and see if its a possibility...

Edit: Keep an eye on this thread over at XDA.. They are attempting to get something going without compromising other system functions.. They will get it resolved just might take a few days...

Last edited by Paul627g; 11-15-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Paul

I too am running SRF 1.1.1 , EC05. Do I need to Odin back to stock first or can I just do exactly the way the video shows? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy View Post
    I too am running SRF 1.1.1 , EC05. Do I need to Odin back to stock first or can I just do exactly the way the video shows? Thanks
    You can do either way. Go back to stock via Odin and follow my rooting guide here
    : Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions

Or follow qbking77's video guide to update from your rooted state.

[ACS][How to] Everything EI22 Gingerbread
    Paul