Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    kernel 2.6.32.9

Question Rooted? ClockworkMod?

Hi guys:
    I did the 1 click root for my Epic some time ago. Well there was a notice for an update today and when it rebooted I did NOT run update.zip, I just rebooted the phone. I read about ROM Mgr in the market while I was trying to figure out what ROM to flash as I have never flashed one since rooting. (I am a super noob) It tells me when I click Flash Recovery, that the Epic 4G does not have an officially supported recovery yet! HELP!?!?!

I was trying to follow this: Samsung Epic 4G Lag Fix: RFS to EXT4 for Froyo DK28

But they keep mentioning Froyo DK28 - NO CLUE!

Is there a link somewhere that will get me what I need in step by step instructions from where my phone is at currently?

SPH-D700
    FIRMWARE: 2.2.1
    BASEBAND: S700.0.5S.EC05
    KERNEL: 2.6.32.9
    BUILD: FROYO.EC05
    SUPERUSER V3.0.6 (40)
    SU BINARY V2.3.2-EFGH

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Default Re: Rooted? ClockworkMod?

So your trying to get updated to official GB?

If so then follow this link for the most "stockish" build of Gingerbread EI22 . Its pre rooted and has a custom kernel with a few extras added in but still retains all the bloat so you an remove things as you wish.
    [Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Great. Wish I would have known this before I tried to just take the ota update on my rooted phone. Now my phone is stuck at the damn Samsung screen. Tried to odin to EC05 with no data loss, but it's still stuck on the bootscreen. Looks like I have to do a f***ing full wipe I guess.

I'm done with roms and modding after this. It's stock all the way for me from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen wombat View Post
    Great. Wish I would have known this before I tried to just take the ota update on my rooted phone. Now my phone is stuck at the damn Samsung screen. Tried to odin to EC05 with no data loss, but it's still stuck on the bootscreen. Looks like I have to do a f***ing full wipe I guess.

I'm done with roms and modding after this. It's stock all the way for me from now on.
    Sorry to hear that your having problems...

All you need to do ask first before moving onward... Most of the regulars around here know I normally respond very quickly and could of saved you some trouble...

FYI, stock isn't working out very well for many from what I'm seeing in latest reports.. Poor battery is a main thing... So custom ROMs/kernels for better battery might still be the best route.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Oh thank goodness. Booting into CWM and then rebooting somehow magically fixed my Samsung screen problem. I guess previously restoring to EC05 probably helped too. Glad I didn't full wipe before I tried that.

Yes Paul, I should have asked. You were very helpful last time I screwed up my phone. Thanks.

Hey no problem.... Thats what I'm here for.... I know waiting for a response sometime sucks but its better to wait a few minutes/hours than do something you will regret especially when there is an easier alternative...

Keep an eye on the following thread... I will try my best to update it at least a couple times a week to keep you all in the loop.

[INDEX] EI22 Gingerbread ROMs/Themes/Kernels & Mods List
    Paul