Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody know?

I'm running SFR 1.2 and got the ota notification for gingerbread...can I download it or do I need to odin?

Default Re: Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by stamillo View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2 and got the ota notification for gingerbread...can I download it or do I need to odin?
    Two choices...

Flash a fairly stock version of official GB in CWM and save yourself some headaches..
    [ROM]Mostly Stock EI22 | Update 4 11/12

or Odin back, Procedure #1

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Then do the manual update/OTA and root your phone again...

Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks for the help paul

No prob.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stamillo View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2/Genocide 2.0 and got that same notification this morning, too. I opted to disable the com.samsung service to shutoff the update notification messages while awaiting a gingerbread-based SFR ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by arhoolie View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2/Genocide 2.0 and got that same notification this morning, too. I opted to disable the com.samsung service to shutoff the update notification messages while awaiting a gingerbread-based SFR ROM.
    There has been some discussion about disabling the .com.samsung service, which worked in the past.

The latest update is coming with a http:// from google's servers directly and some reports say that overrides disabling the samsung service...

Here is the link below with more on that...

[Q] HELP How to STOP update popup?
    Paul

Thanked by: