Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody know?

I'm running SFR 1.2 and got the ota notification for gingerbread...can I download it or do I need to odin?

Default Re: Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by stamillo View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2 and got the ota notification for gingerbread...can I download it or do I need to odin?
    Two choices...

Flash a fairly stock version of official GB in CWM and save yourself some headaches..
    [ROM]Mostly Stock EI22 | Update 4 11/12

or Odin back, Procedure #1

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Then do the manual update/OTA and root your phone again...

Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks for the help paul

No prob.
    Paul

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stamillo View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2/Genocide 2.0 and got that same notification this morning, too. I opted to disable the com.samsung service to shutoff the update notification messages while awaiting a gingerbread-based SFR ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by arhoolie View Post
    I'm running SFR 1.2/Genocide 2.0 and got that same notification this morning, too. I opted to disable the com.samsung service to shutoff the update notification messages while awaiting a gingerbread-based SFR ROM.
    There has been some discussion about disabling the .com.samsung service, which worked in the past.

The latest update is coming with a http:// from google's servers directly and some reports say that overrides disabling the samsung service...

Here is the link below with more on that...

[Q] HELP How to STOP update popup?
    Paul

Thanked by: