Phone Only Charges When Laying Flat

pugsly8422

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now, and have given up. I have a charger at work that I use during the day, as well as a couple at home, and one in my car. Well, the one I use at work will only charge when the phone is laying flat, and is not in use. So if I pick it up, the screen comes on, and it stops charging. If I turn off the screen and sat it back down, the screen comes on for 1-2 minutes, starts charging, and eventually times out and goes off. When I use any of my other chargers, I have no problems, it's only the charger at my office. Would anyone have any idea how I can correct this?

Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now, and have given up. I have a charger at work that I use during the day, as well as a couple at home, and one in my car. Well, the one I use at work will only charge when the phone is laying flat, and is not in use. So if I pick it up, the screen comes on, and it stops charging. If I turn off the screen and sat it back down, the screen comes on for 1-2 minutes, starts charging, and eventually times out and goes off. When I use any of my other chargers, I have no problems, it's only the charger at my office. Would anyone have any idea how I can correct this?

Thanks!

Get a new charger cord... Probably has a small break in the line or something that when bent just a little aside from the flat position it looses connection.

Reactions: pugsly8422

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463