HELP Need ROM w/ Improved Signal

kamjam26

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My epic acts like the first Iphone 4's that lost signal when you held them but worse. When I hold my phone to talk to people it gets really choppy and I end up saying "can you hear me" more than anything else in my convos. My roomates evo is fine but my phone barely gets a signal. What ROM can I install onto my phone in order to get a better signal. I have Gingerbread on my phone now.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Changing roms won't do much for you. There are Modem files that you can change that may make a little bit of a difference. If it's that bad, and your roommates Evo is that much stronger in signal than you may be looking at a hardware issue.

Reactions: kamjam26

kamjam26

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping its not a hardware issue but I think that I should give the airave a try and see what it will do because I can't just up and move haha

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The airave has done wonders for my signal.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I have to fully agree on that one. The Airave is a wonderful device as long as your internet connection is good enough, and nobody is doing any heavy downloading when you are trying to use the phone. I lived in a fringe area for the past 4 years, and that Airave was the solution to the "roaming more than 50% of the time hate letter". I didn't really want to switch to another carrier, and this made it so I didn't have to. Even though it was 1x, I still pulled speeds = to my internet connection. Only down side, if I was watching something on Netflix or downloading a large file, I would have to pause it or the voice would be choppy. Ah well. I HIGHLY recommend the Airave to anyone with a good internet connection, and poor Sprint coveage at home. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX