Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems Rooting after OTA Gingerbread Update

I just got the OTA Gingerbread update, EI22. I want to root it now, so I followed these instructions:

Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions

Everything goes fine until Step 7. When the phone reboots it does not go into ACS recovery mode. I'm not able to complete Step 8 and flash the phone for root access.

Anyone else encountering this? Any suggestions on what I can try to root? Thanks in advance for your help.

Roberto

Default Re: Problems Rooting after OTA Gingerbread Update

You would probably get more viewers to this thread if it was posted in the correct area

Please don't repost it, I will have one of the mods move it over to the Rooting and Hacking section...

Not a big deal, just keep it in mind for next time

I was having the same issue, but actually this guy right here gave instructions which worked great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_H View Post
    I had the same problem with CWM recovery not sticking. There is an easy fix:

- Flash this Source-compiled, keyboard fix EI22 kernel: kernel-GB-3.tar.md5 from this thread at XDA using ODIN.
    - Flash CWM with ODIN
    - Flash Su with CWM

You should then be able to boot into CWM recovery.

also at first i thought it wasnt working, but basically it didn't actually boot me right into the CWM. after I Odin the CWM i manually went into recovery (shut down, hold: vol-, camera and power)

Quote Originally Posted by LASuxs View Post
    I was having the same issue, but actually this guy right here gave instructions which worked great for me

also at first i thought it wasnt working, but basically it didn't actually boot me right into the CWM. after I Odin the CWM i manually went into recovery (shut down, hold: vol-, camera and power)
    Ed H has shown to be quite helpful as of late.. I really appreciate his help and everyone else. That is exactly what a community forum is supposed to be like, members helping members... Great work everyone !
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your assistance, and my apologies for posting in the wrong place. Kinda new to this whole thing!

Roberto