Received OTA w/ Rom loaded

ArcherBrianJames

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's the funny thing. A few months ago I rooted, and loaded syndicate frozen rom on my phone with no problems what so ever. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes my phone dead to any carrier update or software update...right? Well I received the OTA for the gingerbread update yesterday morning and I'm a little perplexed that its shown itself on my phone.

What do I do? It keeps asking for the update and the only option I choose is the, "Install Later" for obvious reasons. That makes it go away for a little while then, of course, pops back up. Whats a way to get this notification to be gone...forever? And if I do install it, I'm guessing it would fail because of the ROM but would it, in the process, ruin or brick my phone? I don't want the OTA!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!! please

I haven't seen any topic about this yet, so if this is repeated please send me to the right thread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's the funny thing. A few months ago I rooted, and loaded syndicate frozen rom on my phone with no problems what so ever. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes my phone dead to any carrier update or software update...right? Well I received the OTA for the gingerbread update yesterday morning and I'm a little perplexed that its shown itself on my phone.

What do I do? It keeps asking for the update and the only option I choose is the, "Install Later" for obvious reasons. That makes it go away for a little while then, of course, pops back up. Whats a way to get this notification to be gone...forever? And if I do install it, I'm guessing it would fail because of the ROM but would it, in the process, ruin or brick my phone? I don't want the OTA!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!! please

I haven't seen any topic about this yet, so if this is repeated please send me to the right thread.

1. Your correct if you accept the OTA update while your on a custom ROM it will fail when installing.

2. Manual update can be done, if interested let me know.

3. Here is a thread to look through for suggestions on disabling the OTA update notification. Preventing the OTA and

[Q] HELP How to STOP update popup?

Reactions: ArcherBrianJames

dartman

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the SkyRocket and had CWM flashed when the OTA notification came. I wasn't thinking and tried to install it, which failed. But now I can't get the update at all. When I "Check for updates", it says I'm up to date, but I'm definitely not. I still have 2.3.5 - and not 2.3.6 from the update. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the SkyRocket and had CWM flashed when the OTA notification came. I wasn't thinking and tried to install it, which failed. But now I can't get the update at all. When I "Check for updates", it says I'm up to date, but I'm definitely not. I still have 2.3.5 - and not 2.3.6 from the update. Any help would be appreciated.

First.. The SkyRocket is a SGS II phone and also an AT & T phone....

Second this is the SGS Epic 4g section which happens to run on Sprint.

Sorry for the mistake but you posted in the wrong section my friend.