After New ROM G-Mail Won't Sync or Send

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
With the GB update I decided to switch from ACS SRF to ACS ICS and although it has been, for the most part, running pretty smoothly one issue I have is with the GMail application. After installing ICS I immediately signed into my GMail account so I could get all my apps from the market. Since that time I cannot send any emails from either of my two accounts and, for the main account, when I read it or delete it from the GMail application it does not mark it read or delete it from the main account as it is still marked new or not deleted when I long in to GMail on my computer.

I have done a bunch of searches and a number of people say one definite fix is to go into Settings: Applications: Manage Applications and then clear the data from the G-Mail application. Problem is, that button is now grayed out so I can't even do that. Also, a second step is to clear data from GMail Storage but I don't even see that on the applications list.

I have searched far and wide for a solution and even used Titanium to restore my older version of GMail but still same problem.

Hoping someone can offer some advice.

Thanks.

TH

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It's not the rom its the last update of gmail from the android Market I had the same problem just go to market and go to my app and go to gmail and unusually updates and shebang it will work.

Sent from my OG Epic 4G running ACS_ICS V5 using Tapatalk!