Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Froyo DK28

    Default Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    I am running Froyo.DK-28 (non-rooted) I flashed prior to the official OTA update.

    What is the process I need to go by to get GB on phone?
    Do I need to Odin back to 2.1 then flash GB?
  2. #2  
    jmuru's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM9

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Wow, you're on DK28? I'm curious as to why you prefer that over EC05?

    There's so many ways to update. If you want stock just do OTA's to Eclair then GB (I'm not 100% sure that works cause I don't know if you can still OTA to Eclair, but at worst, you can Odin EC05 Procedure 1 on this page and then OTA to GB). Or, you could do it manually. Or if you want to, you could root and explore that option. Good luck!
    Addie_Goodvibes likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    DK28, I stand by that as it was a decent early build for Froyo... I wish Samsung would of explored polishing that build over what they gave us with Froyo EB13/EC05.
    Addie_Goodvibes likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Froyo DK28

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmuru View Post
    Wow, you're on DK28? I'm curious as to why you prefer that over EC05?

    There's so many ways to update. If you want stock just do OTA's to Eclair then GB (I'm not 100% sure that works cause I don't know if you can still OTA to Eclair, but at worst, you can Odin EC05 Procedure 1 on this page and then OTA to GB). Or, you could do it manually. Or if you want to, you could root and explore that option. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. When I first flashed Froyo DK28 I was not experiencing any of the problems those that flashed or OTA'd EB13/EC05 (battery, GPS, Keyboard, ect..) So I have stuck with DK28, I am still not having any problems. Occasional lag I believe is due to some recent apps i installed, I also did not want all the OTA's that Sprint pushes No Sprint ID for me thank you..

    As a result I have not gotten any pushes for OTA, I dont even think I can get an OTA if I wanted one with my phone it its current flashed Froyo DK28 state..I would like an easy way to root my phone, I dont care if I get stock or rooted GB, I would just like GB.

    So I am not sure If I just Odin to EC05 to flash GB or do I Odin back to Eclaire 2.1 then flash GB?
    jmuru likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Froyo DK28

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    DK28, I stand by that as it was a decent early build for Froyo... I wish Samsung would of explored polishing that build over what they gave us with Froyo EB13/EC05.
    What was the last Official OTA update from Sprint?

    Which version should I flash back to from Froyo, the link shows all options but I am not sure which one I should flash to?

    Also Once i flash to an older version Would I get the latest OTA from Sprint?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post
    Thanks for the reply. When I first flashed Froyo DK28 I was not experiencing any of the problems those that flashed or OTA'd EB13/EC05 (battery, GPS, Keyboard, ect..) So I have stuck with DK28, I am still not having any problems. Occasional lag I believe is due to some recent apps i installed, I also did not want all the OTA's that Sprint pushes No Sprint ID for me thank you..

    As a result I have not gotten any pushes for OTA, I dont even think I can get an OTA if I wanted one with my phone it its current flashed Froyo DK28 state..I would like an easy way to root my phone, I dont care if I get stock or rooted GB, I would just like GB.

    So I am not sure If I just Odin to EC05 to flash GB or do I Odin back to Eclaire 2.1 then flash GB?
    Addie, I would use Odin and flash to EC05. Then from there you can either choose to root EC05 and flash into a custom GB ROM or from EC05 grab the OTA/manual update to GB and then root GB.

    Options, options.. We all like options but really at this stage all your avenues are about the same amount of work...
    Addie_Goodvibes likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    496 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Froyo DK28

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Addie, I would use Odin and flash to EC05. Then from there you can either choose to root EC05 and flash into a custom GB ROM or from EC05 grab the OTA/manual update to GB and then root GB.

    Options, options.. We all like options but really at this stage all your avenues are about the same amount of work...
    thanks for the info,
    Once I flash/odin back ( or in my case to EC05 since i never went to EC05)

    What is the procedure to flash a rooted GB ROM, is there a link to that procedure? what is the most stable GB custom ROM?

    btw thanks for all the help..
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Froyo DK-28 to GB do I need to Odin back to Android 2.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post
    thanks for the info,
    Once I flash/odin back ( or in my case to EC05 since i never went to EC05)

    What is the procedure to flash a rooted GB ROM, is there a link to that procedure? what is the most stable GB custom ROM?

    btw thanks for all the help..
    To make things easy addie, I would Odin to EC05... Then either all the OTA to come through or manually update to official GB... Once your on official GB, use the following thread to root and you can do as you like from there...
    Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions

Posting Permissions