[ROM][MTD/BML][EI22] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 3.4.2 | 2/8

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EI22] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 3.3 [NO MORE REBOOTS!][NoCI

"-The default installation is Full with Standard Toggles, Advanced Power, and no Lockmod"

Anyway to turn on the scrollable toggles after I already did the Standard Full flash? If not.. I have to redo the flash with options setting adjustment?

As detailed in the instructions on the download page, you can edit your options.cfg at any time and flash the theme of your choice to apply the change. Lite/Full excluded.

"Can't figure out how to make the battery percentage appear?
It's under Settings > Lockscreen Settings > Statusbar Settings"

I can't find this.. and I noticed I don't have the lockscreen program installed as I see on RK's ROM pictures with puzzle lock. Do I need to get it from the market?

You have to install the separately available 9-lock mod theme. Should you choose you don't want that anymore, re-flash the standard theme. They're interchangeable.

I also notice the Terminal Emulator is not in the flash.. I saw somewhere that it was included? No?

This is an awesome ROM and this is my first time I ever done a ROM flash :D Will send donation! Thanks RK!!

Gingerbread does not allow Terminal Emulator to install properly in the rom installation. As such, it has been copied to your SDCard under RandomExtras. Open it with ES File Explorer to install.

As far as the previously asked question in regards to the lockscreen, it's not as easy to mix and match as you may think. The scroll-able toggles, themes, power menu, etc. are the result of modifying multiple files and often the same files. Switch just one file, and possibly lose customizations by the developer. This is how I came into developing in the first place, so I could incorporate everything rather than giving up one feature in favor of another. Thus, I've striven to provide my own themes in the past, and have recently posted a green theme. Unfortunately, you can't have your cake, and my cake, and his cake, and her cake, and eat all of them too without a decent amount of legwork. You'd have to tear apart my framework-res and switch in the parts in question.

Sorry for late responses, but I am much more active on XDA and my own site. Thanks for all of your support everybody!

Reactions: jplecher

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Thunderhawk 3.3 continues to be a rock sold piece of work! I just wanted to chime in with 2 small things I've noticed. When I flash the green theme, it works great, and the boot animations change accordingly. I thought I remembered reading that to return to the Blue theme, just reflash your stock theme (no lock mod). While it did return me to the blue theme inside the ROM, the boot animation is still the green start-up. I cleared cache/dalvik cache prior to flashing the stock blue theme. This isn't a problem, but I wanted to provide a heads up.

The other small issue is that sometimes my bluetooth doesn't always start up properly, it hangs during initialization (using toggle or menu->settings->wireless. A quick reboot solves this issue.

Thanks again for the amazing piece of work that is Thunderhawk 3.3 :)

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thunderhawk 3.3 continues to be a rock sold piece of work! I just wanted to chime in with 2 small things I've noticed. When I flash the green theme, it works great, and the boot animations change accordingly. I thought I remembered reading that to return to the Blue theme, just reflash your stock theme (no lock mod). While it did return me to the blue theme inside the ROM, the boot animation is still the green start-up. I cleared cache/dalvik cache prior to flashing the stock blue theme. This isn't a problem, but I wanted to provide a heads up.

The other small issue is that sometimes my bluetooth doesn't always start up properly, it hangs during initialization (using toggle or menu->settings->wireless. A quick reboot solves this issue.

Thanks again for the amazing piece of work that is Thunderhawk 3.3 :)

As far as the animations, this is the first theme I've provided utilizing a different boot animation. Unfortunately, I hadn't included this in the blue theme .zips and I haven't updated them.

As for the bluetooth, it seems that if you run your phone to long, it will refuse to start. Silly me, I made a rom that keeps your phone on too long!

A reboot a day keeps the error at bay! But seriously, I recommend rebooting computer-ish devices daily anyway. :D

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

As for the bluetooth, it seems that if you run your phone to long, it will refuse to start. Silly me, I made a rom that keeps your phone on too long!

A reboot a day keeps the error at bay! But seriously, I recommend rebooting computer-ish devices daily anyway. :D

LOL :D Both "issues" are minor quibbles for certain. Not sure why bluetooth will toggle on/off for days, and other times won't toggle on after less than a day's use. And honestly, what were you thinking, making a ROM that I could run for 7-10 days straight without having to reboot:p

chobson0891

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

does anybody's facebook and youtube not work using this rom? this is my first rom from a root'd 2.1 epic4g, i used the ee03 modem if that has anything to do with it..

okcableguy

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

where can i go for a "rooted rom for dumbies" tutorial of how to put this on my phone... i love the screenshots and really want this one. i'm DL'ing the file now and hope to do this tomorrow (sunday) if i can, too tired to try it anymore tonight.

Thanks

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I can't say anything about Facebook (don't use the service), but my YouTube functions perfectly with this ROM (just watched a video now to re-confirm). I'm using the EI22 modem. Have you tried reflashing the ROM to see if that helps any?

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

where can i go for a "rooted rom for dumbies" tutorial of how to put this on my phone... i love the screenshots and really want this one. i'm DL'ing the file now and hope to do this tomorrow (sunday) if i can, too tired to try it anymore tonight.

Thanks

There's a sticky in the root of this forum container (Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks)that should help you learn all about rooting your phone and then installing custom ROMs:

Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions

In that same thread, there's a YouTube link to some videos by QBKing77 who in my opinion creates great video walk-throughs of how to root your device:
How to root the Samsung Epic 4G on Froyo and Gingerbread - YouTube

These tutorials/videos and the help from fellow members here at the Android Central Forums helped me root my phone in July of this year, and I've been ever so glad I took the plunge :D

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Hi I am such a newbie to these forums and rooting. I just rooted my phone 3 days ago thanks to a good youtube video. I was wondering how in the heck do I get this Rom o flashed to my phone. I know I am new so go easy on me. I need someone to break it down for me. I want the blue theme with the puzzle lock screen. :)

marcusant

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am such a newbie to these forums and rooting. I just rooted my phone 3 days ago thanks to a good youtube video. I was wondering how in the heck do I get this Rom o flashed to my phone. I know I am new so go easy on me. I need someone to break it down for me. I want the blue theme with the puzzle lock screen. :)

Put the rom and theme on your SD card, then pull the battery. After you pull the battery put it back in. Now hold down volume down, camera, and power until you get a cyan text colored recovery. Now use the volume keys to navigate, camera to select, and the back arrow to go back. Now go to select zip from SD card and then chooze zip from SD card. Now go and find the randimrom and flash it. Do the same with the theme. Now you can reboot and will have the rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

chobson0891

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

ok i reflashed the rom and the apps worked fine but the past few days i've been getting random reboots ??

ddark1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

love the rom, but why do my market downloads are slow, and only one app download at a time, my old optimus download apps faster and download 10 or so at a time, what's the problem, if there's one, thanks

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

If I am coming from ACS v5 ICS, do I need/have to flash a new modem? I wouldn't think so but I just wiped thoroughly and went to install the ROM and it said it was bad, I am now downloading from the alternate link, I put ACS's Rom back on, with no problems, am I missing something, I did as always, download the ROM put it on the card, wipe 3x's and went flash?

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

With MegaUpload being down, inidefinitely it seems, I can't get a Modem right now.
Also how would I wipe my phone, in CWM, I would assume, then get into ODIN, with no ROM being flashed, flash only a Modem, then somehow get back into CWM, again without a modem.
I do see modem's that I can flash in CWM, but no way to download them via MegaUpload, and i tried every mirror I could see?
Thanks in Advance

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

ok i reflashed the rom and the apps worked fine but the past few days i've been getting random reboots ??

I always get this a lot too on my Epic. I think it's related to either getting hot in my Seidio Active-X case, or large memory usage (or low memory on on internal space). I don't seem to get it as much on stock as I do with this ROM (or any rom for that matter). I have also noticed that after rooting, my audio is choppy in some apps, and it doesn't matter with or without ROM; just with the rooting process.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Any chance of getting a Thunderhawk ROM update for the EL30?

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Any chance of getting a Thunderhawk ROM update for the EL30?

It's in the kitchen and... 97% done? But it's a big 3% so hang in there! Until then:

Behold the latest version! Flashes on MTD or BML and can patch thunderhawk 3.3 rather than reinstalling!

ambress

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
First off, I just want to extend kudos on what has been my favorite ROM yet, of the various ones I've tried ever since I bought my Epic 4G with DC07 installed. I long had issues notably involving random reboots when using CardioTrainer in conjunction with GPS and music playing, whether via the integrated music option or a separate player running. I vaguely recall that has still happened a few times with the ThunderHawk 3.3 ROM, but I'm certain it has been the best-performing ROM for me in that regard. Also, without making any quantitative assessment, it does also seem the best ROM I've used insofar as battery consumption. So, overall, super job!

While I can't be of any help in providing you some example video files since they contain personal information, I did want to point out one problem that I've observed. As best I can recall, it is unique to ThunderHawk 3.3: During playback of AVI files on any of the Doubletwist, Mobo, or native Video Player apps, a few of my older video files will start to play but then periodically freeze, requiring that I resume play. After a few such efforts, the file is reported as unplayable. Given the behavior was similar across multiple apps, I suspected a codec issue and installed MX Player with its own codec. The result with MX Player was it played the files without the "unplayable errors", yet still would stop and require play to be resumed.

All I can offer about the AVI videos is that I am 95% certain they were either encoded with XVID or the Microsoft MP4 V3 codec. I am also pretty certain that there are other such videos on my phone that played back without error, so I still cannot fully rule out some peculiar corruption in the videos that ThunderHawk was just more sensitive to.

Given those issues and the fact that EL30 has been released, I opted to switch ROMs, and moved to Clean GB 1.1.1 MTD. With that done, playback of the same videos I had trouble with under ThunderHawk 3.3 is showing good results once again across the aforementioned video players. I'll be very curious to see how ThunderHawk 3.x for EL30 behaves. Oh, and the boot animation for ThunderHawk has been the best yet I've seen.

Thanks!

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried to update from 3.3 twice, but each time it gets stuck in a boot look. it starts trying to install something on the first boot after flashing with ACS's CWM, but then I see the triangle with exclaimation point flash very quick, and it boot loops that to the samsung logo.

boricua5389

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
just flashed the final version, so far so good! i hope the battery safer thing works! well see tomorrow, ill be in school all way! hope it works

great job btw! thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome