Legendary ROM

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was about to flash CM7 but decided to give Legendary ROM a try before moving to MTD. So far, this is the best GB ROM I have tried. Very fast, great battery life and not a single problem so far. Anyone looking for a new ROM should seriously take a look at Legendary.

I will try CM7 in a few days...nice to have such great options for the Epic!!!

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had Cm7 on my phone for a few days. I liked it but I missed my 4g and kernel overclock. I'm really glad I'm back on a touchwiz rom. The latest samurai 3.3.0 kennels are awesome.

Getting back to touchwiz from Cm7 is a major pain in the ass . You basically have to go back to stock ec05 thru Odin and reload everything.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: czechdynamite

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I had Cm7 on my phone for a few days. I liked it but I missed my 4g and kernel overclock. I'm really glad I'm back on a touchwiz rom. The latest samurai 3.3.0 kennels are awesome.

Getting back to touchwiz from Cm7 is a major pain in the ass . You basically have to go back to stock ec05 thru Odin and reload everything.

I liked CM7 also when I tried it a while ago. I have been waiting for some of the kinks to get worked out before trying again because of having to go back to EC05 to flash another ROM. Unfortunately, 4G is so spotty where I am that I won't miss it.

In the meantime I am still enjoying Legendary ROM.

arhoolie

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running Legendary RC2.1 with the Samurai 2.0.8 kernel. Runs smoothly with no issues I've noticed. I'm tempted to give the new 3.3 samurai kernel a try.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Been flashing LegendaryROM from first version back when EI22 first released as an OTA update on our Epics in early November (that's eleven versions now! beta 1 thru RC2.2).........as with all prior installs, it's come along rather nicely.......just flashed 2.2 today Solstice Wednesday around Noon

........................RC2.2 comes w/ House of Samurai 3.0.1 kernel................ + saves your settings + apps from your prior set-up right thru the flash process, saving tons of time on app re-downloads + going back to manually re-inscribe all of your settings for email clients + social apps et cetera

...................imo, best most stable ROM out there.

.............................Hoffman1984, kMullins88, k0nane, kennyglass123, zanderman112 + all of the other collaborators from the ERA team deserve alot of credit for hopping to it and releasing a true Gingerbread custom ROM in direct response to the (now 248 pages worth of) direct interaction with the end-user: folks that post their requests for color, functionality etcetera in direct communication with the developers............it's been fun watching this ROM get built from the ground up.

In a word: Amazing!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalkx

Last edited:
Reactions: czechdynamite

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree... legendary is amazing and has been a solid ei22 rom since release. I have tried them all and always go back to legendary... cm7 is awesome also but the no 4g is a deal breaker because I tether my laptop and playstation to play CoD online and I NEED the 4g to work! Legendary is tops IMHO...

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
to update to the 2.2 update of legendary, will everything get wiped or need to be wiped?

If you are on 2.1 make a nandroid backup then you can flash 2.2 over 2.1...................if any weirdness go into recovery + restore 2.1...........then wipe cache + dalvik prior to next flash........not clear fr your post what you are currently running.

sent fr my Legendary Epic via Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm on RC2. Do I have to flash 2.1 first to get to 2.2 or can I just flash straight to 2.2? Should I wipe my phone as well? The phones been acting really funny the past few weeks. Lots of reloads and random quirks.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on RC2. Do I have to flash 2.1 first to get to 2.2 or can I just flash straight to 2.2? Should I wipe my phone as well? The phones been acting really funny the past few weeks. Lots of reloads and random quirks.

2.2 is a complete full ROM.............first: make a nandroid; fr CWM5 recovery wipe cache + dalvik x 3, flash zip.................enjoy!

sent fr my Legendary Epic via Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Should I update my CWM4 to CWM5?...and updating clockworkmod is done through odin I believe right?? If I update CWM, will it affect my Legendary RC2.2 rom that I just updated??

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Should I update my CWM4 to CWM5?...and updating clockworkmod is done through odin I believe right?? If I update CWM, will it affect my Legendary RC2.2 rom that I just updated??

ClockworkMod5.0.2.7 is the version you want for all future needs................Odin, but make sure kernel is compatible (samurai, shadow, clearGB etc).......2.2 will be fine (backup + wipe x 3 before flashing)..........if wierdness, fr CWM5 restore back to legendary 2.2 nandroid..........read Drockstar's sticky on xda, very helpful.

sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
ClockworkMod5.0.2.7 is the version you want for all future needs................Odin, but make sure kernel is compatible (samurai, shadow, clearGB etc).......2.2 will be fine (backup + wipe x 3 before flashing)..........if wierdness, fr CWM5 restore back to legendary 2.2 nandroid..........read Drockstar's sticky on xda, very helpful.

sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk

Thanks again! lol

ghart99999

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me with some basics. I am interested in trying this ROM. My phone is rooted but I have no CWM on it yet. I am so confused at to what Odin is and whether I need this and CWM.

Also I have the stock kernel. What would be a preferred kernal to move to?

Lastly - I don't understand the correlation between a modem and a kernal. Does installing a kernal result in my getting a new modem? If not, what would be a preferred modem to move to that works well with Legendary?

Thanks all and sorry for the newbie questions.

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me with some basics. I am interested in trying this ROM. My phone is rooted but I have no CWM on it yet. I am so confused at to what Odin is and whether I need this and CWM.

Also I have the stock kernel. What would be a preferred kernal to move to?

Lastly - I don't understand the correlation between a modem and a kernal. Does installing a kernal result in my getting a new modem? If not, what would be a preferred modem to move to that works well with Legendary?

Thanks all and sorry for the newbie questions.
Odin is something you use your PC with to interface with your phone. CWM is what you use to flash roms, kernels and some modems with actually on your phone without a PC (basically).
Yes you need CWM flashed on your phone, no you don't need ODIN "on your phone."
A modem is what defines your signal strength and ability to connect to the servers. Most have had great success with the EI22 modem (which is flash able with CWM). Think of a kernel as DOS. It's kind of your underlying ground for the OS. For reference, Gingerbread, for example, would be like Windows. The Legendary ROM has Samurai 3.01 (maybe 3.04) kernel attached to it and it is just fine.
Most ROMS have a kernel applied to them so if you flash a ROM, a kernel will flash on it as well. You can always change kernels (via CWM), though most seem basically the same to me.

Hopefully that helps and if I've strayed wrongly, hopefully some one can redirect.

ghart99999

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, thanks for all the information Sahmbo. That helps a lot. Now what order would I install the new modem or is this something that is installed with the ROM/Kernal?

Sounds like its a standalone thing that I would install with CWM after the new ROM/Kernal is installed?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I was about to flash CM7 but decided to give Legendary ROM a try before moving to MTD. So far, this is the best GB ROM I have tried. Very fast, great battery life and not a single problem so far. Anyone looking for a new ROM should seriously take a look at Legendary.

I will try CM7 in a few days...nice to have such great options for the Epic!!!

I agree with you Ed. This rom has been so impressive since the beginning of my trial period that I even referred a few to it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad