Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    eharty's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

    Default Legendary ROM

    I was about to flash CM7 but decided to give Legendary ROM a try before moving to MTD. So far, this is the best GB ROM I have tried. Very fast, great battery life and not a single problem so far. Anyone looking for a new ROM should seriously take a look at Legendary.

    I will try CM7 in a few days...nice to have such great options for the Epic!!!
  2. #2  
    xalky's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

    Default

    I had Cm7 on my phone for a few days. I liked it but I missed my 4g and kernel overclock. I'm really glad I'm back on a touchwiz rom. The latest samurai 3.3.0 kennels are awesome.

    Getting back to touchwiz from Cm7 is a major pain in the *** . You basically have to go back to stock ec05 thru Odin and reload everything.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    eharty's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    I had Cm7 on my phone for a few days. I liked it but I missed my 4g and kernel overclock. I'm really glad I'm back on a touchwiz rom. The latest samurai 3.3.0 kennels are awesome.

    Getting back to touchwiz from Cm7 is a major pain in the *** . You basically have to go back to stock ec05 thru Odin and reload everything.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    I liked CM7 also when I tried it a while ago. I have been waiting for some of the kinks to get worked out before trying again because of having to go back to EC05 to flash another ROM. Unfortunately, 4G is so spotty where I am that I won't miss it.

    In the meantime I am still enjoying Legendary ROM.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    arhoolie's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    I'm currently running Legendary RC2.1 with the Samurai 2.0.8 kernel. Runs smoothly with no issues I've noticed. I'm tempted to give the new 3.3 samurai kernel a try.
  5. #5  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default

    Been flashing LegendaryROM from first version back when EI22 first released as an OTA update on our Epics in early November (that's eleven versions now! beta 1 thru RC2.2).........as with all prior installs, it's come along rather nicely.......just flashed 2.2 today Solstice Wednesday around Noon

    ........................RC2.2 comes w/ House of Samurai 3.0.1 kernel................ + saves your settings + apps from your prior set-up right thru the flash process, saving tons of time on app re-downloads + going back to manually re-inscribe all of your settings for email clients + social apps et cetera

    ...................imo, best most stable ROM out there.

    .............................Hoffman1984, kMullins88, k0nane, kennyglass123, zanderman112 + all of the other collaborators from the ERA team deserve alot of credit for hopping to it and releasing a true Gingerbread custom ROM in direct response to the (now 248 pages worth of) direct interaction with the end-user: folks that post their requests for color, functionality etcetera in direct communication with the developers............it's been fun watching this ROM get built from the ground up.

    In a word: Amazing!






    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalkx
    Last edited by sonarchist; 12-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default

    I agree... legendary is amazing and has been a solid ei22 rom since release. I have tried them all and always go back to legendary... cm7 is awesome also but the no 4g is a deal breaker because I tether my laptop and playstation to play CoD online and I NEED the 4g to work! Legendary is tops IMHO...

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    ..........a couple of screenies: this is the ext4 version (now that MTD option has been released!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legendary ROM-legendaryrc2.2.jpg   Legendary ROM-legendaryrc2.2_screen2.jpg  
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    to update to the 2.2 update of legendary, will everything get wiped or need to be wiped?
  9. #9  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bladeap View Post
    to update to the 2.2 update of legendary, will everything get wiped or need to be wiped?
    If you are on 2.1 make a nandroid backup then you can flash 2.2 over 2.1...................if any weirdness go into recovery + restore 2.1...........then wipe cache + dalvik prior to next flash........not clear fr your post what you are currently running.

    sent fr my Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    I'm on RC2. Do I have to flash 2.1 first to get to 2.2 or can I just flash straight to 2.2? Should I wipe my phone as well? The phones been acting really funny the past few weeks. Lots of reloads and random quirks.
  11. #11  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I'm on RC2. Do I have to flash 2.1 first to get to 2.2 or can I just flash straight to 2.2? Should I wipe my phone as well? The phones been acting really funny the past few weeks. Lots of reloads and random quirks.
    2.2 is a complete full ROM.............first: make a nandroid; fr CWM5 recovery wipe cache + dalvik x 3, flash zip.................enjoy!

    sent fr my Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    2.2 is a complete full ROM.............first: make a nandroid; fr CWM5 recovery wipe cache + dalvik x 3, flash zip.................enjoy!

    sent fr my Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Thanks!
  13. #13  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Thanks!
    No worries........you're welcome!

    sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Should I update my CWM4 to CWM5?...and updating clockworkmod is done through odin I believe right?? If I update CWM, will it affect my Legendary RC2.2 rom that I just updated??
  15. #15  
    sonarchist's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    ROM
    CM│9.1.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Should I update my CWM4 to CWM5?...and updating clockworkmod is done through odin I believe right?? If I update CWM, will it affect my Legendary RC2.2 rom that I just updated??
    ClockworkMod5.0.2.7 is the version you want for all future needs................Odin, but make sure kernel is compatible (samurai, shadow, clearGB etc).......2.2 will be fine (backup + wipe x 3 before flashing)..........if wierdness, fr CWM5 restore back to legendary 2.2 nandroid..........read Drockstar's sticky on xda, very helpful.


    sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    ClockworkMod5.0.2.7 is the version you want for all future needs................Odin, but make sure kernel is compatible (samurai, shadow, clearGB etc).......2.2 will be fine (backup + wipe x 3 before flashing)..........if wierdness, fr CWM5 restore back to legendary 2.2 nandroid..........read Drockstar's sticky on xda, very helpful.


    sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Thanks again! lol
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Can someone help me with some basics. I am interested in trying this ROM. My phone is rooted but I have no CWM on it yet. I am so confused at to what Odin is and whether I need this and CWM.

    Also I have the stock kernel. What would be a preferred kernal to move to?

    Lastly - I don't understand the correlation between a modem and a kernal. Does installing a kernal result in my getting a new modem? If not, what would be a preferred modem to move to that works well with Legendary?

    Thanks all and sorry for the newbie questions.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by ghart99999 View Post
    Can someone help me with some basics. I am interested in trying this ROM. My phone is rooted but I have no CWM on it yet. I am so confused at to what Odin is and whether I need this and CWM.

    Also I have the stock kernel. What would be a preferred kernal to move to?

    Lastly - I don't understand the correlation between a modem and a kernal. Does installing a kernal result in my getting a new modem? If not, what would be a preferred modem to move to that works well with Legendary?

    Thanks all and sorry for the newbie questions.
    Odin is something you use your PC with to interface with your phone. CWM is what you use to flash roms, kernels and some modems with actually on your phone without a PC (basically).
    Yes you need CWM flashed on your phone, no you don't need ODIN "on your phone."
    A modem is what defines your signal strength and ability to connect to the servers. Most have had great success with the EI22 modem (which is flash able with CWM). Think of a kernel as DOS. It's kind of your underlying ground for the OS. For reference, Gingerbread, for example, would be like Windows. The Legendary ROM has Samurai 3.01 (maybe 3.04) kernel attached to it and it is just fine.
    Most ROMS have a kernel applied to them so if you flash a ROM, a kernel will flash on it as well. You can always change kernels (via CWM), though most seem basically the same to me.

    Hopefully that helps and if I've strayed wrongly, hopefully some one can redirect.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Wow, thanks for all the information Sahmbo. That helps a lot. Now what order would I install the new modem or is this something that is installed with the ROM/Kernal?

    Sounds like its a standalone thing that I would install with CWM after the new ROM/Kernal is installed?
  20. #20  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_H View Post
    I was about to flash CM7 but decided to give Legendary ROM a try before moving to MTD. So far, this is the best GB ROM I have tried. Very fast, great battery life and not a single problem so far. Anyone looking for a new ROM should seriously take a look at Legendary.

    I will try CM7 in a few days...nice to have such great options for the Epic!!!
    I agree with you Ed. This rom has been so impressive since the beginning of my trial period that I even referred a few to it.
  21. #21  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: Legendary ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by ghart99999 View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the information Sahmbo. That helps a lot. Now what order would I install the new modem or is this something that is installed with the ROM/Kernal?

    Sounds like its a standalone thing that I would install with CWM after the new ROM/Kernal is installed?
    No, it's preferable to install the CWM first before you install the ROM.

Posting Permissions

B