Still stuck with Not Installed stock apps.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
After updating to Gingerbread and rooted it I removed NASCAR, Football, Media Hub, TeleNav and several others using SDX Stock App Remover.

Unlike with FroYo where they went away permanently without causing any trouble, I'm stuck with NASCAR, Football, Media Hub and TeleNav showing up under Not Installed in My Apps, and now it's saying NASCAR, Football and TeleNav have updates available. How can it find updates for apps who's APKs are not on the phone?!?

I tried copying the apps back with SDX Stock App Remover then deleting the APKs with Root Explorer. No change at all.

Somewhere there must be a cache or list or database holding onto the data that these apps are on my phone.

I just want all traces of them GONE so Market will stop nagging me to update them.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing the cache for the market application and reboot the phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Clear cache and clear data are greyed out for Market. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't constantly nagging me about updates for the apps that aren't actually on the phone.

I just tried booting to ACS Recovery and wiping the cache partition. Zero effect on the bogus entries in Market. Market is hiding its data for My Apps somewhere else.

Last edited: