Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Default CM7 NIGHTLIES: Which One for Your EPIC4G?

Ever since the start of the New Year CyanogenMod7 appears to have bolted from its starting blocks (yes we know of its time-based development) and gained even more awesome cred with the addition of WiMAX 4G to its impressive profile and functionality.

................................as if version Release Candidate 7.2.0 were not excellent enough, an expanded release of 'Nightlies' has continued unabated.............and I am putting this thread out to see if anyone out there is following the CM7 nightlies, and if so, is there anything out of the ordinary that you may want to share about specific NIGHTLIES worthy of a mention.......good or maybe not, just something worth sharing w/ fellow CM7's !

03/12/2012- CyanogenMod7 is now BETA!!!!!!.......Story + Download Link is HERE:

HERE IS THE CHANGELOG, for daily viewing of development of past, present , and upcoming NIGHTLIES:

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>

HERE IS Submit Patches from GERRIT, for detailed view of CM development for GB + ICS:

>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<
    Last edited by sonarchist; 03-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
    Thanked by 2:
    calnuurseTCD 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Default Re: CM7 NIGHTLIES: Which One for Your EPIC4G?

Nightly 15...........................am using kernel included with this build, credit: adnan@decad3nce #1 ...............figures, nothing but speed + precision here....................hat's off to you Deca.

Was hesitant to jump ahead to newer nightly, as Nightly 13 was pretty awesome already (Samurai_Seppuku dovetailed very nicely!........by kernel guru earthbound of xda).

Will post updates after done exploring the differences that may appear w/ time on these nightlies............ITMT the continuing evolution of CyanogenMod7 should keep the serious 'tester' community busy techlining our epic communication device for the forseeable future. =)

Cheers!

Ps: word is 'don't flash n16..........probs! Await n17 instead
    *update: N16 is working for me, varies on different devices.
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-17-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Just a quick note here..........the Nightllies update site is up again..............am running Nightly 16, with Samurai Seppuku17.5 Kernel...........................ok then, back to uberSpeeds (uv).

sent from my Epic|Cm7 viaTapatalk
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-17-2012 at 08:40 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Nightly 17 still cooking........................devs are real busy in the kitchen, making things even more perfect 4 you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh! It's January 18, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...................Q: Have you ever tried going on the web, and DNS has been BLOCKED, so that every subject that you research results in an endless time-dial, that eventually resolves out with a message telling you that you should check the settings on your machine, or that the internet connection is missing?

I have...............then I removed the DNS settings from that falsely advertised DNS-poser site (forever!) and replaced them w/ google's public DNS, and it's been awesomesauce ever since .......................... well until now:

S.O.P.A........and.........P.I.P.A............trying to make your internet experience an atrocity.

If you are reading this: make a mental note of the days when the internet was an open space, make sure you understand this...................................................That's All, Thank You for Listening!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Nightly 20 is up!

Running ok..............feelin' Good!
    *edit: running N21 now........feels the same to me?

sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Is there a change log?

The last nightly I tried had issues with call sound quality and the volume buttons did not work while holding the phone against your face during a call. Any progress on those?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Changelog link on OP.............there are discursive topics available on CyanogenMod website, Nightlies thread, and of course the github for pure data (added this to the OP).

*edit: As for your issues, never had those on this device......and no, not seeing them here on N21 either............ your best bet is to nandroid, run the N21, + run a nan restore back if the issues are still there.

sent fr my MTD_Legendary Epic via Tapatalk
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-20-2012 at 01:10 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

24 hrs later: my Nightly 20/21 update has been smooth as butter.........I would recommend this to folks that are just beginning to consider jumping over from other roms as this is easily the best iteration of CM7 yet.

*upate: N22 gets gr8 reviews!

Last edited by sonarchist; 01-21-2012 at 04:08 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Now that CM9 appears to be taking a good amount of our Dev's skills and attention (pls know, this is a GOOD thing, NO compaints here ) you will have noticed no daily written changelogs for the Nightlies.
    However, checking the Cyanogen site the recent Nightlies --up to N23-- are seemingly providing incremental improvements with each release.
    As for the github site: last time I was able to log-in a couple days ago, wkeaney had confirmed a bootable CM9 ICS with functioning touchscreen.............this signals the likelihood of an Release Candidate sometime soon.
    .............so back to subject: N23 up and running, SAB (smooth-as-butter).

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Having done an ODIN reset back to Stock EC05 Froyo.......EI22 ota......booted to Stock Recovery, ran EL30 update.zip.......ODIN flashed CWM5.0.2.7Recovery, from recovery flashed SU.......from recovery flashed toadlife (xda) EL30_CleanKernel.......boot to system.......reset google accts.......boot to recovery, flashed CM7_Nightly24:

Profit!

Yup, signs of ICS here.........the transition has begun, very clearly articulated ICS interface present on N24 from boot-up (ok, these are theme elements, still.............. )

To be sure: Nightly24 is a CM7 ROM, ***NOT CM9***.......however, looking at the log entries in the github since 01/22, ONLY ICS work being done anymore. This is good (I think?)

All that said, I encourage those of you that have not made the transition over to EL30 to do so.

...... those of you that are not yet rooted: await the OTA.

.......for the rest of the rooted community........... there is yet no quick way to EL30 than as described above, or variation thereof.

*edit: Toadlife (xda) has created several ODIN + Heimdall pre-rooted packages that take you back to stock .......you would then update your way up the chain back to EL30.......these are especially handy to those of us that are currently running MTD set-ups and need to ODIN back to stock..........(hint: victory.pit element included ).

As has been famously quoted: H a s t e n S_l_o_w_l_y.

............................................OH, and one more time "Ice Cream Sandwich" elements in CM7 ought NOT to be confused with ICS firmware, the reality element!
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-24-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Any thoughts on N25? I'm thinking of getting a new ROM; been on Syndicate Frozen forever. In reviewing the XDA thread, there seems to be many positive comments regarding N25.

- X

Works fantastic.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzu View Post
    Works fantastic.

N26.............breezy e-z.............tiny incremental improvements from N25, appreciating cyanogen tonight............github busy w/ GB goodness in the making once more.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Has any progress been made on the 4G toggle issue? Does it still force close? I haven't seen any updates in the thread, just a note in the OP that the research is ongoing...

- X
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    Has any progress been made on the 4G toggle issue? Does it still force close? I haven't seen any updates in the thread, just a note in the OP that the research is ongoing...

- X
    That issue was ironed out completely by N15 (think I may have been one of the few that was using the toggle since first RCO_epic/wimax release (01/04) w/out problems: never had fc whatsoever)............ on a different note, earlier today was experiencing something of a breakthrough: in my friend's basement office located in a large building my device was picking up internet connection whereas it had flatly refused for over a year........Q: EL30 update? Nightly26? Combination of both?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

OK, continuing w/ Nightly 27 here.........very oblique subtle stuff, at this point veering on subliminal.

AND THIS:

A very helpful recovery that all of us on CyanogenMod should carry in our mSD cards.

With the necessary requirement to Update Profile / PRL, those of us on CM7 have to return to stock (in my case EL30) to be able to do so..........this ROM/recovery just made it that much easier.

Well this is an easy way to do so without having to revert back to EC05 via ODIN.

...................somebody say 'cool' and everybody please post a Thank You to CM dev wtogami (xda) whenever you have the opportunity to do so...........awesomesauce!
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Loading N28 now, it's at about 57% ........in the interim, some information that is of benefit, particularly the Cyanogen Epic-MTD user community:

Yesterday I posted about CM developer wtogami's new recovery: [RECOVERY][BML][MTD]CWM BML ...........essentially, it's a great tool that allows those of you already on MTD (+ that do NOT want to install the full EL30 ROM) the ability to flash MODEM deltas ONLY, including the EI22-to-EL30 update.zip without having to ODIN to EC05 in order to do so......in order for this to work you must have kexec, so all CM7 Nightlies, #12 + above are set.......once again, here is the link:

[RECOVERY][BML][MTD]CWM BML

AND THIS ONE: CM7 users, once you're on EL30 modem running your most recent Nightly, wtogami has also created an Unusual ROM (in his own words) that allows you to go back to Stock EL30 for temporary spells of time, just long enough to Update Profile + Update PRL, + whatever you wish within Stock_EL30, + then, from a re-boot, *presto* you're back to your regular MTD set-up......Here is the link:

[MTD][EL30][KEXEC][CM7] Boot EL30 stock from sdcard - xda-developers

Hope this will be of benefit to those of you that are rocking Nightlies or those of you that eventually jump over to CM9..........yup, that day WILL come.
    ...........Once again, please, if you do end up downloading and installing wtogami's works, + if this should manifest as an enhancement to your Modding Life...................do show your appreciation + gratitude by pressing his Thank You button!

.............CM7_Nightly28 = 98%, better go!
    Last edited by sonarchist; 01-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    TCD

ROM
    CM10.1

So I finally switched to CM7 with Nightly 28. With EL30 out and having to Odin back to stock to deal with that it seemed like a righteous time to jump on the MTD bandwagon.

I have got to say this is the fastest I have ever seen my phone run. I am running with Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Plus, Talk w/video) on top of the pure CM environment. Saved and reloaded my Visual Voice Mail and Sprint NASCAR apps, they both work and I'm happy. Reloaded my Vipre Mobile () and it restored all my data flawlessly.

Will definitely play more tomorrow.

Thanks to all the devs at CM and to all the devs that jump over here to help out too.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Just a quick note here: Nightly_33 has released............clearly CM7 development shall continue to press on!

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    Just a quick note here: Nightly_33 has released............clearly CM7 development shall continue to press on!

I flashed CM 7 N31 yesterday and I am really impressed. The only glitch I have found so far is in-call volume still doesn't work properly.

With ROMs like this I am in no hurry to get a new phone!!!

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post

33 is working out great for me so far. Really have been very happy with my Epic since the CM7 Kangs were out.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Nightlies:_34 + 35 + 36 + 38 + 39 + 40 + 41 + 42 + 43 + 44 + 45 posted.........looks like interesting + important features being added for CM7 on a timely basis............having to nandroid back and forth --'tween 7 + 9-- to stay in touch with CyanogenMod 7's development.................. appears to be continuing to provide awesome features for the EPIC, nothing less than commendable, imo!
    Last edited by sonarchist; 02-15-2012 at 08:33 PM.

ROM
    CM 7.2

Need to flash 12* so that I can go from cm7 to cm9. Which nightly should I go with?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by jwtsn View Post
    Need to flash 12* so that I can go from cm7 to cm9. Which nightly should I go with?
    You might as well Flash the most recent (check the OP for links to Epic CM7 mirror-download site as well as for pertinent information + updates)........lots has happened since N12; however, you will need to wipe x 3 (cache, dalvik, factory reset wipe) from recovery prior to flashing CM9 (despite flashing CM7).

Thanked by:
    jwtsn 

ROM
    CM 7.2

Flashed 43 and el30 modem, awesome. Next stop CM9. Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast