CM9_RCO coming soon to the EPIC

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This is intended as an FYI to the community:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Last week, we saw screenshots of CM9 (ICS) and were super pleased with the news that it had achieved bootable success......This evening, a single week later (January 30, 2012) we're all super pleased and excited to have finally downloaded and be currently running this Ice Cream Sandwich release of Android version 4.0.3 .... Cyanogenmod Version 9.0.0-RCO- EpicMTD-KANG ....... on our EPIC4G devices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..........Am taking a moment here to once again THANK our wonderful Developers on the CyanogenMod Team for their incredible efforts on our behalf!

Recent entries into the Cyanogen Github were showing extensive work being done for a CM9 Release Candidate for the EPIC4G.

Well as of this very evening, these developments have finally been accorded a higher degree of certainty by the Cyangen CM9 Team as images of a screenshot have begun to circulate thru normative channels showing that indeed CM9 (ICS) has effectively achieved bootable success.............here is an image --courtesy of noobnl, one of the Cyanogen project leads-- of the bootable '9.0.0-RCO--Epic-MTD-Kang'ROM, running Android 4.0.3 + EL30 firmware.

The second-guessing is thankfully over............now the only question that remains is how soon will lovers of CyanogenMod experience the RCO on their very own EPIC4G devices?

With big props to the CyanogenMod development team (uberPinguin, noobnl, wKeaney, WTogami, decad3nce, mkasick, ShareefAli, et al) that have worked so hard for the EPIC community!

No doubt, this development, to be continued.........for updates + details regarding the status of CyanogenMod progress for the EPIC4G, please visit the CM9 Status Blog here:

http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-status.html

Last edited:

cabotcat#AC

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Love CM7. With the inclusion of EL30 I do not have to worry about jumping through hoops. I will simply wait until CM9 is stable. Thanks so much to everyone involved in the development of these awesome ROMs.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm thumbs up for this... Don't have the device anymore but CM9 will give you guys a shot at ICS.

Who said this device was dead? Not me....

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
.......that's what I'm talkin' about :)

Thnx for posting this werkx!

sent from my Epic|Cm7 viaTapatalk

I was pretty excited when I saw it. It's funny reading comments from people with SII Epic Touch 4G complaining why the Epic 4G, but not their phone. Hahaha.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty excited when I saw it. It's funny reading comments from people with SII Epic Touch 4G complaining why the Epic 4G, but not their phone. Hahaha.

I don't think CM team is going to both at this point for the simple fact that the SGSII is confirmed to be getting ICS so its not worth putting the effort into it ATM.

Once they get updated on the SGSII to ICS Android 4.0, then the CM team will grab the source code and have it done in no time...

Its a great thing for the Epic community :)

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Read a post on XDA that said the build that was demo'd had some illegal code and no e911 support which are two big no-nos with the CM team so I am not expecting a RC anytime soon. I can sleep well though knowing the Epic will no doubt be getting CM9.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Read a post on XDA that said the build that was demo'd had some illegal code and no e911 support which are two big no-nos with the CM team so I am not expecting a RC anytime soon. I can sleep well though knowing the Epic will no doubt be getting CM9.

I heard 911 may have been fixed but needs to be tested. The code isn't "illegal" they just haven't gotten express permission to publicly use it. If they get the consent it shouldn't be a problem. If not they may have to recode it before a rc is released to the public.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HAAS599

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

There is an entire thread at xda devoted to this subject; but there is also every reason to remain faithful that in due course the two points that you raise in your post will also be mapped out + dealt with, as the CM9 team has continued to make steady progress........as an example, in addition to the working aspects of CM9 noted in the status report on my most previous post, we have it on good authority that the following have also now been fixed: Calendar sync, Memory storage, Camera, + On-screen keyboard.

*edit: clarification.......the build code for CM9 *IS* Legal........and, Yes, if you check on CM9 Status-Blog (one post up), the de-bugging DOES show an E911 issue as a priority fix in the making........CM9 is approaching a launch date, so follow the blog for updates ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy