Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    I have a problem with my unrooted EL30 that looks like it's going to require a factory reset. I want to do a Titanium backup first so that's going to require me to root.

    After I root how do I get back to EL30? I keep reading about people going EC05 -> EI22 -> EL30. Is all that really necessary?

    If so how the heck do I get back to EC05?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Odin

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Quote Originally Posted by trendkilla View Post
    Odin
    I hope your first two posts were more helpful than your third.

    Why bother wasting bandwidth and your time on a worthless post like that?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I have a problem with my unrooted EL30 that looks like it's going to require a factory reset. I want to do a Titanium backup first so that's going to require me to root.

    After I root how do I get back to EL30? I keep reading about people going EC05 -> EI22 -> EL30. Is all that really necessary?

    If so how the heck do I get back to EC05?
    Sorry for the delayed response...

    To go back to EC05 to begin the process over again...

    Procedure #1
    [How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

    In answer to the other part of your question... Yes to get the EL30 modem (which is what most want) you need to go back to EC05 then update to EI22 then onward to EL30.

    There is a TAR out for use with Odin to restore to stock EL30 but it doesn't have the modem included. I will get the link next time I come back through, but I recommend to get the modem and all to do the long process...

    Here's that link...

    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Thanks so much for your response!

    The problem I have is with calendar sync. I'm assuming I've got some kind of corruption in a data file. If I use Titanium to back everything up will the problem reemerge when I restore? Is Titanium an all or nothing backup or will it let me select which apps I want backed up?

    Sorry this is getting off topic.
  6. #6  
    george1614's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    CleanGB 1.1.2

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Hi Phycho - I use titanium and you can select what you want backed up. ... also, you may want to search the forums before asking for help. most likely there are already topics with the same questions, plus it helps you get familiar with the instructions Paul was kind to share with you

    ps. I didnt know what odin was either until I searched it in these forums.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Quote Originally Posted by george1614 View Post
    Hi Phycho - I use titanium and you can select what you want backed up. ... also, you may want to search the forums before asking for help. most likely there are already topics with the same questions, plus it helps you get familiar with the instructions Paul was kind to share with you

    ps. I didnt know what odin was either until I searched it in these forums.
    I know what Odin is and have used it. My question was if I'm rooted EL30 how to get back to EL30 if a fresh start is needed. I wasn't sure if starting at EC05 was necessary and while lots of people are doing it that way, it's hard to nail down whether or not doing that is a must.
  8. #8  
    rando991's Avatar

    Posts
    550 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I know what Odin is and have used it. My question was if I'm rooted EL30 how to get back to EL30 if a fresh start is needed. I wasn't sure if starting at EC05 was necessary and while lots of people are doing it that way, it's hard to nail down whether or not doing that is a must.
    The reason we have to go back to EC05 and start over is that unlike EC05, there never has been an EI22 tar file released. I hope they would release the EL30 complete with EI22 as a tar soon. But in the meantime, follow Paul's guidance on how to restore. I would copy both the EI22 Update zip and the EL30 update zip to your sd card before starting. The way I did it was name the EI22 to just "update.zip" and the EL30 update to "EL30_update.zip." Now you can Odin EC05 back to stock. Then boot into recovery and install the first update.zip and afterwards delete it. Next rename "EL30_update.zip" to just "update.zip" and then install that. Now you are back at stock EL30.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Restoring EL30 after rooting EL30

    Thank you. That explains it.

Posting Permissions

B