Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thank you
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #277  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by steveokinevo View Post
    Can some1 help me plz. I've installed this on my phone but none of the apps that need internet are working. I don't see the 3g notification. Also my mms messages are not working. Any help is appreciated
    Hard to know the synopsis leading to the 3 issues described........except that you 'installed this on your phone'.............w/out data you've possibly flashed a bad download, chk to make sure your md5 is matched to this ROM --on OP-- then re-flash correct DL...........also, if flashing for first time, be sure to flash GApps-17.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #278  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-BETA-0

All Right Then....One week after the release of CM9 Beta 2 + several polls, here's a View Forward towards Beta 3 (or not):

Lots of stuff going on currently w/ CM9 development + it appears that we've arrived at that place of stability where it makes prudent good sense to take a deep breath + look inward + outward: then ask all of the right questions going forward...............this past week saw several end-user polls that may indirectly serve to stimulate potential paths for future development by the Epic CM Team: lots more burning questions!!!..............if interested, pls DO plug in to said dialog by viewing the current CM Blog (link above this paragraph).

LOL: was booting the recent 'Temp-Boot-to-FC09-from-SD-Card' (btw, a vast improvement from EL30) when a couple quick messages came up on my screen as I was awaiting the Media Scan to complete: 1 was simply asking whether it should install the Connections Optimizer (I clicked YES); the 2nd one, a text announcing the start of the Galaxy Nexus pre-order online...........meanwhile, the Media Scanner completed its scan on the Temp FC09 Boot!...............am making mention of this here simply to say that this clever tool has really come a long way since January + has finally arrived as a very easy tool to DL + use................. am glad to have it installed on the SD Card for future use as this handy little fix is currently one of the only ways to Update Profile + Update PRL (as well as several others tricks) on the og Epic4G..............pls disregard the form factor of the following post that I found on XDA, but it serves to illustrate the nature + importance of having development that is willing to take things further, one step at a time:

....................+ speaking of pre-order, anybody here already on the list for the Gnex?...........alternatively, anybody here patiently awaiting the May 3rd London announcements regarding SGS III?...................feels like that quiet moment before the storm, yeah?!? Still, I remain pretty excited staggering between my laptop + the og Epic4G + will await the proper moment to make considerations that embrace change.........................thoughts? pls post here!
    Last edited by sonarchist; 04-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Don't forget to CLICK THANK YOU IF SOMEONE WAS HELPFUL IN ENHANCING YOUR DEVICE!

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Would anybody have a CM9 Beta 1 download anywhere?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #280  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by brian117 View Post
    Would anybody have a CM9 Beta 1 download anywhere?
    try here:

CM9_Beta1_test_Android-4.0.4.................any particular reason you're looking for Beta1?
    Thanked by:

Is anyone having problems receiving pictures through SMS??...cause I am Is this a known problem or am I missing something??

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Quote Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
    try here:

CM9_Beta1_test_Android-4.0.4.................any particular reason you're looking for Beta1?
    Awesome, thank you! I was browsing their site for so long trying to find a download but didn't have any luck.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #283  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Is anyone having problems receiving pictures through SMS??...cause I am Is this a known problem or am I missing something??
    SMS was specifically authored for transmission of 160 characters maximum; however, as we all know we have been exceeding the original specs + expectations for sometime, especially w/ the split text fix..............the picture transmission is a known problem, but not everyone is experiencing it.............personally, am still able to receive both pix + small video clips, but am not counting on this as a stable use of SMS since this became a known issue............anyone have an alternative other than email?

SMS was specifically authored for transmission of 160 characters maximum; however, as we all know we have been exceeding the original specs + expectations for sometime, especially w/ the split text fix..............the picture transmission is a known problem, but not everyone is experiencing it.............personally, am still able to receive both pix + small video clips, but am not counting on this as a stable use of SMS since this became a known issue............anyone have an alternative other than email?
    So you're essentially saying that my particular cells ability to receive pics through text message is broken and can't be fixed?!?! If so, that sucks, lol! I suppose I can live without it but.....it bothers me when something doesn't work that should......lol...

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I recently updated to CM9 beta2. I have a car dock and use Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector. It has a setting to maximize your media volume when connected, then resume it to the previous setting when disconnected. For some reason with beta2, it seems to be modifying the ringer volume when I have that setting enabled. For instance, if my phone is on vibrate (no ringer volume) and I connect it to the dock, it will modify the ringer volume to take it out of vibrate mode. I'd like the ringer volume to stay the same, as it had previously. If I turn off the app setting to max volume it doesn't modify the ringer volume.

I didn't see this on beta1, so I'm thinking it's a side product of something that was changed with the volume on beta2.

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions/workarounds to fix it?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #286  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    So you're essentially saying that my particular cells ability to receive pics through text message is broken and can't be fixed?!?! If so, that sucks, lol! I suppose I can live without it but.....it bothers me when something doesn't work that should......lol...
    Q: have you had the opportunity to explore 3rd party apps (ie Handcent SMS) to finetune your mms apns?............a few of these are awesome on ics based ROMs, but caveat the fact some users are still somehow subject to bugs.............hard to pin the issue absent a log.
    Last edited by sonarchist; 04-18-2012 at 01:30 AM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #287  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rockets95 View Post
    I recently updated to CM9 beta2. I have a car dock and use Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector. It has a setting to maximize your media volume when connected, then resume it to the previous setting when disconnected. For some reason with beta2, it seems to be modifying the ringer volume when I have that setting enabled. For instance, if my phone is on vibrate (no ringer volume) and I connect it to the dock, it will modify the ringer volume to take it out of vibrate mode. I'd like the ringer volume to stay the same, as it had previously. If I turn off the app setting to max volume it doesn't modify the ringer volume.

I didn't see this on beta1, so I'm thinking it's a side product of something that was changed with the volume on beta2.

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions/workarounds to fix it?
    The short answer: NyanColonel 4.1 (Atarashii), Marcusant's (XDA) new kernel...........it includes Bbelos' (EPIC CM Team) tweaks that address your issue..........hope this helps.
    **edit: also, if you'd like to stay 100% cm stock you can try wtogami's new experimental kernel on cm-blogspot............comes in a temp version --from reboot this reverts you back to whatever kernel you were running-- OR ELSE a permanent that can become the daily if you find that the temp has fixed your issue.
    Last edited by sonarchist; 04-18-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Default Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-BETA-2

Q: have you had the opportunity to explore 3rd party apps (ie Handcent SMS) to finetune your mms apns?............a few of these are awesome on ics based ROMs, but caveat the fact some users are still somehow subject to bugs.............hard to pin the issue absent a log.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Not really a big deal but I am starting to miss my brothers pictures of my adorable 1 year old niece. I'll look into other options and figure something out.

no prpblems at all woth sms or receiving sending pictures, works a charm! (occasionaly will get send error, when it does actually in fact send)

any more updates o releases on beta (like the voivemail update?)

What about a way to get sprint TV back on our phones , bro?

I am still a little new to the whole CM9 scene. to run the temp kernel do I just install from sdcard in CWM? I am going to run the temp for 24 hours and then if all is good switch to the permenant. Then do I install that the same as stated above? thank you
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #291  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by wimayhem View Post
    I am still a little new to the whole CM9 scene. to run the temp kernel do I just install from sdcard in CWM? I am going to run the temp for 24 hours and then if all is good switch to the permenant. Then do I install that the same as stated above? thank you
    YES.......DL your temp kernel to your dl folder on sd card; boot to recovery; wipe cache + dalvik cache; choose zip fr sd card (your kernel.zip); flash zip from sd card; flash completes, THEN wipe both caches again; reboot to system...............that's it...........repeat w/ perm kernel if performance improves, if *not* temp disappears from re-boot........nice, huh?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

The short answer: NyanColonel 4.1 (Atarashii), Marcusant's (XDA) new kernel...........it includes Bbelos' (EPIC CM Team) tweaks that address your issue..........hope this helps.
    **edit: also, if you'd like to stay 100% cm stock you can try wtogami's new experimental kernel on cm-blogspot............comes in a temp version --from reboot this reverts you back to whatever kernel you were running-- OR ELSE a permanent that can become the daily if you find that the temp has fixed your issue.
    I tried wtogami's experimental kernel and that seems to have fixed this issue. I currently am testing it via temp boot, but it's looking good so far. Probably make it daily tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #293  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rockets95 View Post
    I tried wtogami's experimental kernel and that seems to have fixed this issue. I currently am testing it via temp boot, but it's looking good so far. Probably make it daily tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!
    No problem.........thnx for posting your results! Perhaps others may benefit using the new kernel as well..........looks like it's gonna be included on Beta3..........can't wait!

Temp kernel is way better. Everything is faster. Gps locked on better then ever before on my epic. I think battery life seems better as well. I will be moving to permanent after 24hrs on temp

Just to let you guys know, I re-flashed beta2 BUT wiped dalvik this time around and my send/receive pic problem has been resolved. I guess that was my small bug for not wiping since alpha3, lol!!

ok Ive been with CWM9 for a while, but really want my pictures back n the last 2 betas don't view some of my picture folders.

if I wanted to go back to EL30 stock, & have a back up, does anyone know if I can wipe n restore my EL30?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #297  

ROM
    CM│9.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ShaLea View Post
    ok Ive been with CWM9 for a while, but really want my pictures back n the last 2 betas don't view some of my picture folders.

if I wanted to go back to EL30 stock, & have a back up, does anyone know if I can wipe n restore my EL30?

Prior to restoring your 'stock' EL30 backup from recovery, be sure to ODIN back to stock (then you can ODIN bbelos' BML ShadowKernel-EL30 tar......... a good choice for your BML stock ROM as this kernel will give you root w/ CWM Recovery, see link below).............reason: CM9's recovery is CM/MTD + you'll need a BML Recovery to flash your stock backup........UNLESS your EL30 stock IS MTD, in which case you could probably restore from CWM5.5.0.4 presently on CM9.

link to bbelos' EL30 BML ShadowKernel:
    Last edited by sonarchist; 04-20-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

ROM
    [BETA][ROM][MIUI] Rawrzil

runnig cm9 on lg optimus s runs great a few bugs netflix plays sound but no video hbo go not suppoerted and no voivemail, it looks great and runs smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks7210 View Post
    runnig cm9 on lg optimus s runs great a few bugs netflix plays sound but no video hbo go not suppoerted and no voivemail, it looks great and runs smooth.
    That's awesome but what does it have to do with the Epic or the Epic's cm9 build?

LanceEpicSprint likes this.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

It seems like a lot of android devices are getting their own taste of CM9 compared to previous iterations of CyanogenMod. I like this.
    The Officer
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast